• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Movies You've Seen Recently

• Thread starter angellous_evangellous
  • Start date

doppelganger

Through the Looking Glass
Big Trouble in Little China - A classic - Kung Fu, Chinese Black Magic and a young Kim Catrall . . . oh my!
Follow That Bird - very cute Sesame Street movie

wizanda

One Accepts All Religious Texts
Premium Member
Celestine Prophecy....not as good as the book...yet good introduction to spirituality for some who don't want to read.

cardero

Citizen Mod
The Cave Of Silken Web
DVD/ Color/ 82 Mins. / NR/ 1967
This Shaw Brothers film adaptation of the classic novel Journey to the West, follows a gang of plucky monk heroes who find themselves trapped in the cave of the seven seductive spider fairies. The sexy sirens believe that eating the flesh of monks will bring them immortality. Can Monkey, Pig and Friar Sand defend their master from the temptresses' evil charms, or will they all end up as the lovely ladies' next main course?

cardero

Citizen Mod
HULK
DVD/Color/ 138 Mins./ PG-13/ 2003
The classic Marvel comic book The Incredible Hulk makes its big-screen debut under the imaginative direction of Ang Lee. Research scientist Dr. Bruce Banner's (Eric Bana) failed experiments cause him to mutate into a powerful and savage green-skinned hulk whenever he loses control of his emotions. And the only person who seems to stand by him is his girlfriend, Betty Ross (Jennifer Connelly), proving that love is indeed blind.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
doppelgänger said:
Big Trouble in Little China - A classic - Kung Fu, Chinese Black Magic and a young Kim Catrall . . . oh my!

OMG, I love that movie! :yes:

Logan's Run circa 1976. Michael York and Farrah Fawcett-Majors in a post-apocalyptic action-adventure. Quite a classic.

And very VERY trippy. :p

Peace,
Mystic

cardero

Citizen Mod
LADY SNOWBLOOD
DVD/ Color/ 97 mins./ NR/ 1973
Revenge is sweet for Yuki (Meiko Kaji), the main character in Toshiya Fukita's violent ballet. Yuki is the daughter of a woman who supported her by working as a prostitute after she was raped by the men who murdered her husband. When Yuki grows up, she decides those men aren't worthy of living full and enriching lives, so she hunts them down one by one on a quest for justice.

cardero

Citizen Mod
GOJIRA ( with fan commentary)
DVD B&W/ 98 Mins./ NR/ 1954
This was a real treat. After repeated viewings of the American release of the first Godzilla film, the original Japenese version is finally released (along with the American release) on a two disc set with all the bells and whistles. An informative, insightful commentary by two authors who documented Godzilla’s history accompany this compilation and they bring a lot of production stories to the table. If no one has ever seen the original Japanese version this comes highly recommend. Two completely different films, having now seen both, I prefer the Japanese version without all those Raymond Burr calories.

cardero

Citizen Mod
GODZILLA: King Of The Monsters (with fan commentary)
DVD/ B&W/ 76 Mins./ NR/ 1955
Yup, it's the same film I just watched last night but with tremendous differences.

1. The American version was not as politically motivated as the Japanese version. American producers were not interested in pushing politics, they were just interested in selling movie tickets about a giant lizard stomping a Japanese city.

2. The bland inclusion of Raymond Burr who dominates a good portion of screen time. If you look at my last entry, GOJIRA is 98 minutes long with no Raymond Burr and the American release is only 76 minutes and has well over 15 minutes of Raymond Burr footage pretending to be in the same movie talking to Japanese stand-ins wearing the same clothes as the Japanese actors but only the backs of their heads were filmed. Which lends me to believe that a great portion of the Japanese version is missing.

3. The commentary of both films are different as well as they should be. It really is two different versions that require background information. The Japanese dialogue is edited, translated and dubbed for American consumption. Love it or hate it it is still a unique film that started one of the most influential pop cultural references that still exists to this day

A

angellous_evangellous

The original Die Hard.

The best IMHO, hopefully to be out-done by 4.

cardero

Citizen Mod
Zatoichi; New Tale Of Zatoichi
DVD/ Color/ 96 Mins./ NR/ 1963
I showed mrscardero the third part of the The Blind Swordsman Zartoichi series. A wonderful period piece that focuses on ancient culture, nobility, reflection, honor and evolution. The sword fights are minimal but impressively inspiring. The attraction to this series is the situations that this blind traveling masseuse finds himself in. The stories are well told in a legendary sense and the dialogue is profound and well written. Shintaro Katsu plays the blind swordsman and his performance is professional and memorable. His inflections are sincere and his movements are intuitive. He makes you believe that you can endure and overcome any handicap.

I encourage anyone with Netflix to check out this series.
http://www.netflix.com/MovieDisplay?movieid=60030824&trkid=189530&strkid=1698129207_2_0

cardero

Citizen Mod
Cheerleader Ninjas
DVD/ Color/ 96 Mins./ R/ 2002
Movie watching is an art and well...sometimes one has to suffer for their art.

cardero

Citizen Mod
Zatoichi: The Fugitive
DVD/ Color/ 86 Mins./ NR/ 1963
Zatoichi is hunted by samurais, yukuza bosses and his very own friends. When the bounty on Zatoichi's head becomes too high, the blind swordsman doesn't know who to trust anymore.

mostly harmless

Endlessly amused
My BF and I went to go see 'Because I said so' the other night...we thought it was hilarious...the entire theatre was hollering with laughter all throught the movie..

Bishka

Veteran Member
"Night At the Museum"

Excellent and imaginative movie for the children; and even the adults. Dick Van Dyke makes you laugh and Ben Stiller is alright. Defiantly one I would recommend!

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
Son Gohan said:
The Illusionist. It's a very good movie. :yes:
Just saw it. I agree, it was very good. I mentioned "The Pursuit of Happyness" awhile back but no one commented on it. Has anyone else seen it? I thought it was fabulous!