• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Movies You've Seen Recently

• Thread starter angellous_evangellous
  • Start date

cardero

Citizen Mod
Race With The Devil
DVD/ Color/ 88 Mins./ PG/ 1975
Blend action and horror, mix with a solid cast and Jack Starrett's expert direction, and you get this spooky brew from 1975. Peter Fonda, Lara Parker, Warren Oates and Loretta Swit star as vacationers headed to Colorado in a deluxe recreational vehicle. When they stop for the night, the men get pie-eyed and inadvertently witness a satanic sacrifice … and before you can say "Beelzebub," the foursome become the targets of a devil-worshipping cult.

This DVD had a preview for a movie entitled The Entity that I remember and if I could tag on one more movie of this thriller genre The Sentinel. They don’t make them like that anymore.

A

angellous_evangellous

World Trade Center with Nic Cage. Very good movie. I would have cried the whole time but I was translating Greek.

24 Season 6 - excellent.

cardero

Citizen Mod
angellous_evangellous said:
World Trade Center with Nic Cage. Very good movie. I would have cried the whole time but I was translating Greek.

If I am not mistaken, I believe that the English to Greek translation for crying are the same.

mrscardero and I are going through the 3rd Season of that hilarious sitcom News Radio. A friend of mine lent us the 3rd and 4th season. We both love the show but mrscardero is unfamiliar with the circumstances that happen in the 4th season. She realizes that Phil Hartman is no longer with us but she doesn't know how much it effected the show. Her reaction should be interesting. One of our conversations went as folows:

CARDERO: The death of Phil Hartman really never effected you, did it?
MRSCARDERO: No, not really.
CARDERO: It will.

A

angellous_evangellous

I started Ice Age 2: Meltdown and I won't finish it. Too stupid.

darkpenguin

Charismatic Enigma
Crank; Really good film, awsome camera work and a origional story. Also very very funny in some places.

The trial of Tony Blair; Was really really interesting and makes you think about what might happen in the future.

Anchor-man; Way too silly for me and my fiance, gave up nearly halfway through.

american History X; Wow, what can i say, a very difficult film to watch. I rarely look away from movie gore but if you have ever seen the film then you will know which scene made me look away. I was on the fence as to who to feel sorry for in this film.
A thought envoking film. Very well made but very uncomfortble to watch.

NoahideHiker

Religious Headbanger
darkpenguin said:
american History X; Wow, what can i say, a very difficult film to watch. I rarely look away from movie gore but if you have ever seen the film then you will know which scene made me look away. I was on the fence as to who to feel sorry for in this film.
A thought envoking film. Very well made but very uncomfortble to watch.

This movie is a hidden gem! I liked the way the movie was in black and white but then went to color when he found his way out of the Arian Nation.

darkpenguin

Charismatic Enigma
NoahideHiker said:
This movie is a hidden gem! I liked the way the movie was in black and white but then went to color when he found his way out of the Arian Nation.

It really is an awsome film, the ending sucked though but I kind of saw it coming.
It's kind of scary aswell what with the way England is going with all the immigrants coming in, I could really see groups like the one in the film coming together.
A truly scary but real thought.

cardero

Citizen Mod
Justice League Unlimited Season 1 Disc 1
DVD/ Color/ 132 Mins./ NR/ 2001
When it comes to accurately portraying DC superheroes on screen this is as close as you are going to get. A wonderful animated series from beginning to end.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
I started Ice Age 2: Meltdown and I won't finish it. Too stupid.
I watched that at my ex's house once. We were all under the influence, which is probably how we made it through it. Allthough thier were a few funny lines, if I heard them right.

I just watched "What the bleep do we Know?" It's interesting. I saw it as more a philosophy movie than spiritual.

A

angellous_evangellous

Luke Wolf said:
I watched that at my ex's house once. We were all under the influence, which is probably how we made it through it. Allthough thier were a few funny lines, if I heard them right.

The best part about that movie were the shorts about the squirrel.:bow:

cardero

Citizen Mod
angellous_evangellous said:
Defending Your Life with Albert Brooks.

very funny

Back around 1990 I wrote a novel called ...And Back Again that was very similar (unintentionally) to this film. I never published it but whenever I described it to someone they always referred it to this film. One day I got up enough nerve to watch it and even though there were some very coincidental similarities, there was still enough of a story that I could rewrite if I had to.

cardero

Citizen Mod
X-Men: The Last Stand (director’s commentary)
DVD/ Color/ 104 Mins./ PG-13/ 2006
Brett Ratner discusses the finer points of the third installment of the merry mutant saga.

cardero

Citizen Mod
Salvador
DVD/ Color/ 122 Mins./ R/ 1985
Richard Boyle (James Woods) is a washed-up reporter who heads to civil war-stricken El Salvador for his chance at journalistic fame in Oliver Stone's film. The scrappy Boyle convinces disc jockey pal Dr. Rock (James Belushi) to join him as he digs for the perfect war story, but Boyle digs too deep. Realizing the danger he faces is more than he can handle, Boyle decides to flee with his Salvadoran girlfriend before the country is torn apart.

A

angellous_evangellous

The Gaurdian - a Kevin Kosner flick. Very good IMHO.