• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muslim founds TV Station to portray muslims in a positive light, then beheads wife?

Sententia

Muslim man beheads wife, in New York

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/1511276/muslim_man_charged_with_beheading_his.html said:
Authorities have not discussed the role religion or culture might have played, but the slaying gave rise to speculation that it was the sort of "honor killing" more common in countries half a world away, including the couple's native Pakistan."

How does beheading your wife or torturing and beating her for years improve the image of muslims?

Sententia

There's nothing in Islam that says you should torture and behead your wife.

I would hope not. ;) But this guy founded Bridges TV to improve the image of muslims here in america. But he beats his wife and then beheads her.... Seems counterproductive.

Then depending on what press covered it he possibly goes to the police station and says he did it and implies that it was a matter of honor.

Last edited:

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
I'll would hope not. ;) But this guy founded Bridges TV to improve the image of muslims here in america. But he beats his wife and then beheads her.... Seems counterproductive.

Then depending on what press covered it he possibly goes to the police station and says he did it and implies that it was a matter of honor.

Yeah. I see the irony. Up to a point at least. But I think that's more of a local cultural thing in his background than something having to do with Islam.

iloveislam

Muslim
How does beheading your wife or torturing and beating her for years improve the image of muslims?

It ruins the image of Muslims.

If Muslims actually sticked to the Qur'an and the teachings of Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) then we would not be in such a total chaos.

Take for example the Hadith in which Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said:

"The best among you are those who are best to their wives." [Narrated in Ibn Majah, #1978, and Al-Tirmizi, #3895]

As for the honour killing this is actually forbidden in Islam but sadly practised in the Muslim countries due to their ignorance of Islamic rulings and also having no shame.

If you are interested for a full answer concerning this issue then click here

Alla Prima

It ruins the image of Muslims.

If Muslims actually sticked to the Qur'an and the teachings of Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) then we would not be in such a total chaos.

Non Muslims are now reading the Koran and the Hadith along with the biographies of Muhammad. This, as well as all the Muslim terrorists in the world, is why the image of Muslims is not very good. For every positive verse you can show me from the Koran I can show you a negative one. It's time Muslims woke up to the fact that the teachings of Islam are seen (and rightfully so) as hateful to non-believers by many many non-believers in the free world.

kai

ragamuffin
Yeah. I see the irony. Up to a point at least. But I think that's more of a local cultural thing in his background than something having to do with Islam.

As he lived in America for 25 years i dont buy the local cultural excuse , nor the Islam excuse he has a history of violence to is wives, he is a woman beater/killer full stop.

neves

Non Muslims are now reading the Koran and the Hadith along with the biographies of Muhammad. This, as well as all the Muslim terrorists in the world, is why the image of Muslims is not very good. For every positive verse you can show me from the Koran I can show you a negative one. It's time Muslims woke up to the fact that the teachings of Islam are seen (and rightfully so) as hateful to non-believers by many many non-believers in the free world.

Does it really matter if they hate it? as long as they are reading it we Muslims are happy, as our only main concern is that people see Islam... this is because we are well aware that we can never change what is in someones heart... It is quite possible that what they hated at first will become something they loved in the end...

iloveislam

Muslim
There is not enough in Islam to stop them from doing so.

I would kindly like to advice you to seek knowledge and then communicate it here.

In an Islamic state there is punishment for killing an innocent human being, which has to be taken to Islamic courts and then the Judge decides (based on Islamic Laws) what sort of punishment should be given to the criminal.

Peace

Quran & Sunnah
. It's time Muslims woke up to the fact that the teachings of Islam are seen (and rightfully so) as hateful to non-believers by many many non-believers in the free world.

Speak for yourself if you please and don't generalize. If your eyes and mind are covered and cannot see the beauty so the problem is with you and not with Islam.

jamaesi

To Save A Lamb
Mr. Pasha has put it far more eloquently than I could... May G-d reward him.

I recently finished my first novel, Mother of the Believers, which tells the story of Islam's birth from the perspective of Aisha, the Prophet's young wife. As a scholar, poet and warrior, Aisha was one of the most influential women in history, and her life reveals how empowered the women of Islam were at the onset of the faith. As I researched the story of early Islam for my novel, I was struck by how central women's rights played in the community's identity from the beginning. The Prophet was a sensitive man who had been orphaned at a young age and grew up in poverty. He saw from childhood the suffering of women and children in pre-Islamic Arabia, where the strong crushed the weak, and dedicated his life to changing the system.

One of the first Arab practices he outlawed was female infanticide. Pre-Islamic Arab men would bury alive unwanted baby girls in the desert, a horrific tradition that Prophet Muhammad ended forever. There is a powerful scene in the Holy Qur'an depicting Judgment Day where the souls of all girls who were slain would rise and confront their fathers, asking the men: "For what crime did you kill me?" And then their fathers would be flung into Hell. It is a vivid image meant to inculcate the true horror of such crimes in the minds of Arabs accustomed to centuries of brutal child murder.

The Prophet also established women's right to inherit and own property -- rights that were not given to Christian women until the 19th century in Europe and America. Considering his concern for women's welfare, it is not surprising that the Prophet's earliest followers were female. The first Muslim was his wife Khadijah, a wealthy widow who had been his employer and had proposed marriage to the penniless Muhammad when he was managing her caravans. The first martyr of Islam, Sumaya, was an elderly woman who was killed by Meccan idolaters for refusing to renounce monotheism.

So if all this is true, where does this idea of "honor killing" come from in the Muslim world? Unfortunately, it is one of the ugly elements of pre-Islamic Arabian culture that continues to reassert itself, despite the Prophet's efforts to eradicate the practice. In fact, Prophet Muhammad nearly lost his own beloved wife to the madness of the crowds screaming about "sexual honor." In my novel, I detail how his wife Aisha was once falsely accused of adultery and was the victim of a gossip campaign meant to destroy her reputation and potentially her life. The Holy Qur'an exonerated her of the false accusations, and then demanded that anyone accusing a woman of adultery would have to bring four witnesses to the act of sexual intercourse. Of course, such a requirement is impossible to meet, and its purpose was to end the threat to women's lives under claims of "preserving honor." Aisha was saved, but generations of women continue to be haunted by this curse from The Days of Ignorance, as Muslims refer to the era before Islam. The greatest tragedy of Islam is that some Muslim men continue to uphold these pagan practices that the Prophet outlawed 1,400 years ago.

As a believer, I have no doubt that those who commit murder in the name of Islam will face the wrath of God in this life and in eternity. But personal belief is not enough. Islam is a religion of action. Muslim men must stand and fight against this evil of "honor killing" that destroys lives and families, shatters the bond of love between men and women, and brings disrepute to Islam, which was sent as a beacon of light to the world. If we fail to do so, we will have failed to follow the example of Prophet Muhammad, a kind and compassionate man who never struck a woman or child in his life. If we remain silent, we will have earned the cruel labels that Islamophobes and bigots seek to give us -- barbarians, fanatics and monsters.

What I hope and pray that will come of this is that all Muslims, especially our leaders and scholars, will do more to put a stop to domestic violence against women- along with everyone from all races and ethnicities and religions and lack thereof- violence against women is a universal problem.

Aasiya Hassan... to G-d we belong and to G-d we return. May you have found peace and may the one who murdered you be brought to justice. It's a shame and deeply disrespectful that your murder is being used as propaganda.

Judgment

Peace: Speak for yourself if you please and don't generalize. If your eyes and mind are covered and cannot see the beauty so the problem is with you and not with Islam.
Hi Peace. I do not believe that Alla Prima is generalizing as you say. I understand that there is beauty and God Bless you for choosing Peace - but - there are many versus that are not kind to unbelievers. Do you not see them ?

Post 1753 Islam, how much do you really know about it? thread
Me: Where others see a Blaze of light - I see Submission and my way is the only way. I see a God that has set a seal on my heart and my ears and my eyes so that I am unable to learn the truth - This God prevents me from Understanding.

I believe that there is an Allah – But – I do not believe that Allah is the one true God and I do not believe that Prophet Muhammed and Islam are perfect and beyond reproach.. That makes me an Unbeliever in Allah’s eyes and my fate has been set.

Above all, Disbelievers, Unbelievers (Like Myself) of the lessons of this God are in for one Hell of a painful ride when they leave this plane of existence.

Because I am an Unbeliever I am the worst of beasts....or.. so it is written:

YUSUFALI: For the worst of beasts in the sight of Allah are those who reject Him: They will not believe.
PICKTHAL: Lo! the worst of beasts in Allah's sight are the ungrateful who will not believe.
SHAKIR: Surely the vilest of animals in Allah's sight are those who disbelieve, then they would not believe.

Because I am an Unbeliever Allah does not love me....or.. so it is written:

YUSUFALI: That He may reward those who believe and work righteous deeds, out of his Bounty. For He loves not those who reject Faith.
PICKTHAL: That He may reward out of His bounty those who believe and do good works. Lo! He loveth not the disbelievers (in His guidance).
SHAKIR: That He may reward those who believe and do good out of His grace; surely He does not love the unbelievers.

Because I am an Unbeliever and Allah does not love me - this is to be my fate : ( ....or.. so it is written:

YUSUFALI: Those who reject our Signs, We shall soon cast into the Fire: as often as their skins are roasted through, We shall change them for fresh skins, that they may taste the penalty: for Allah is Exalted in Power, Wise.
PICKTHAL: Lo! Those who disbelieve Our revelations, We shall expose them to the Fire. As often as their skins are consumed We shall exchange them for fresh skins that they may taste the torment. Lo! Allah is ever Mighty, Wise.
SHAKIR: (As for) those who disbelieve in Our communications, We shall make them enter fire; so oft as their skins are thoroughly burned, We will change them for other skins, that they may taste the chastisement; surely Allah is Mighty, Wise.

Sahar

Aren't there men who kill/behead their wives in your "local culture"?!

Alla Prima

Speak for yourself if you please and don't generalize. If your eyes and mind are covered and cannot see the beauty so the problem is with you and not with Islam.

You mean if I cannot close my eyes to all the hatred in the teachings of Islam like you do then it's my fault and not Islam's. Sorry but homie don't play dat. Our eyes are open. Yours should be too.

Sahar

It's amazing how Islam came to this topic. A man and his wife had problems and divorce issues and then he committed his crime and killed her, a criminal like any other criminal. I don't understand how "local culture" or "religion" have anything to do with this.
There is irony in the issue, yes but this is related to this specific person not to culture or religion.

Last edited: