• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muslim founds TV Station to portray muslims in a positive light, then beheads wife?

Alla Prima

I would kindly like to advice you to seek knowledge and then communicate it here.

In an Islamic state there is punishment for killing an innocent human being, which has to be taken to Islamic courts and then the Judge decides (based on Islamic Laws) what sort of punishment should be given to the criminal.

If the Koran had spent the time teaching love and compassion that it devotes to hatred for Infidels and Unbelievers then I don't believe there would be the level of violence coming from Muslims around the world today.

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
It's amazing how Islam came to this topic. A man and his wife had problems and divorce issues and then he committed his crime and killed her, a criminal like any other criminal. I don't understand how "local culture" or "religion" have anything to do with this.
There is an irony in the issue, yes but this is related to this specific person not to culture or religion.

Well I dont have to be of a non Muslim culture to realize there is a morbid phenomena and a deeply rooted trend on going here, many Muslims point out to the disturbing phenomena of honor killing and other related issues themselves.

I remember when I was posted on the border with Gaza and I read a Palestinian newspaper that had an extensive article about the problem of the widespread honor killing phenomena, it also touched the horrific phenomena of killing young girls who have been raped by family members for shaming their family, no less.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
It's amazing how Islam came to this topic. A man and his wife had problems and divorce issues and then he committed his crime and killed her, a criminal like any other criminal. I don't understand how "local culture" or "religion" have anything to do with this.
There is an irony in the issue, yes but this is related to this specific person not to culture or religion.

Well, in the west there is a perception that decapitation is the favored way to dispatch someone in the Arab world (i.e. terrorists videoing the beheading of captives, public executions, "honor killings", etc.), that it has some cultural and/or religious significance behind the practice.

Sahar

Well I dont have to be of a non Muslim culture to realize there is a morbid phenomena and a deeply rooted trend on going here, many Muslims point out to the disturbing phenomena of honor killing and other related issues themselves.

I remember when I was posted on the border with Gaza and I read a Palestinian newspaper that had an extensive article about the problem of the widespread honor killing phenomena, and killing of young Arab women in general, it also touched the horrific phenomena of killing young girls who have been raped by family members for shaming their family, no less.
Why did you call this crime "honor killing"? What's your definition of "honor killing"?

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
Why did you call this crime "honor killing"? What's your definition of "honor killing"?
Thats maybe going a bit too much into semantics, but I can tell you that when you read the woman was beheaded you realize there is a cultural trend at work.

Sahar

Well, in the west there is a perception that decapitation is the favored way to dispatch someone in the Arab world (i.e. terrorists videoing the beheading of captives, public executions, "honor killings", etc.), that it has some cultural and/or religious significance behind the practice.
Or it could have something to do with ignorance there, don't you think?
Oh and what is the favored way of the terrorists and criminals in the west to dispatch someone?

kai

ragamuffin
There is irony in the issue, yes but this is related to this specific person not to culture or religion.

well here is one of those rare occasions when i agree with you Not4me, the guy has a history of violence agianst his wife and previous wives, he is a woman beater and a woman killer thats his label.

Alla Prima

Does it really matter if they hate it? as long as they are reading it we Muslims are happy, as our only main concern is that people see Islam... this is because we are well aware that we can never change what is in someones heart... It is quite possible that what they hated at first will become something they loved in the end...

This is why I believe Islam is evil at root. It's prime, and perhaps the only real, concern is Islam and the spread of Islam not people. Islam places Islam the religion the ideology first and foremost above all other concerns. It takes precedent over such noble concerns such as compassion or consideration for others, particularly non Muslims. What you've said here shows this to be the case. You prove my point by your utter disregard for people's feelings and concerns. Your prime concern is that the Koran is read. Your hope is not for people's happiness by whatever means they seek be it Christianity, Buddhism, Wicca, Hinduism or a secular life but for people's conversion to Islam. Islam is a myopic naval gazing ideology without a Golden Rule inferior to other religions.

Sahar

Beheading, gun shots, knives....really does it make any difference?
Are we going to argue that there are different styles of killing between here and there and this can be used to defame my culture? Isn't this ridiculous?

kai

ragamuffin
well if the Guys 44 years old lived the US for 25 years whose culture is influencing this guy-----none, he's just a murdering scumbag.

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
Beheading, gun shots, knives....really does it make any difference?
Are we going to argue that there are different styles of killing between here and there and this can be used to defame my culture? Isn't this ridiculous?
Do you believe the people who come from Muslim nations and background and struggle to bring the problem of honor killing to light are defaming your culture?

kai

ragamuffin
Do you believe the people who come from Muslim nations and background and struggle to bring the problem of honor killing to light are defaming your culture?

Caladan what specific problem are you refering to here , Murder? do you or anyone else have any information about this murder being religiously motivated? perhaps i am missing something here? who said this was an honour killing?

kai

ragamuffin
Its official he is a terrorist:

"Leaving the body parts displayed the way he did, like a terrorist would do, that's very peculiar, it's very public," Chesler said. "He wanted to show that even though his business venture may have been failing, that he was in control of his wife."

FOXNews.com - Beheading in New York Appears to Be Honor Killing, Experts Say - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News

I am sorry but i had to laugh at this bit:

"There will be time for that later," Hirschfield said in a statement obtained by FOXNews.com. "I will only say to those who leap to the conclusion that this kind of thing is intrinsic to Islam, ask yourselves if you think that drunkenness is intrinsic to Irish Catholics, or cheating in business is to Jews?"

Last edited:

Sahar

I don't know what honor killing is and I wished before if you defined it.
Actually in my (Muslim) society all types of crimes are brought to light so that we as a society can face them.

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
Caladan what specific problem are you refering to here , Murder? do you or anyone else have any information about this murder being religiously motivated? perhaps i am missing something here? who said this was an honour killing?
Kai, if you have not read the entire thread than it would help you to understand the recent posts, as this thread developed from 'Islamic' issue to 'Cultural' issue, etc.

personally, I think that the fact that a beheading is involved is relevant criteria to consider a form of 'honor killing'.

kai

ragamuffin
Kai, if you have not read the entire thread than it would help you to understand the recent posts, as this thread developed from 'Islamic' issue to 'Cultural' issue, etc.
I have read it, and i dont get the Islamic issue, or the cultural issue. as i stated some pages back.
personally, I think that the fact that a beheading is involved is relevant criteria to consider a form of 'honor killing'.

Well thats your opinion, do you think Muslims are capable of murderous rages? or premeditated Murder? just like any other people. do we have any statistics on beheadings in the US and what religion the perpetrators were? This smacks of "witch hunt" Look until they guy stands up and says he did it for religious or cultural reasons, no one is going to know why he did it, and may never know, its not exactly the act of a sane man.

tell me if my wife leaves me for a toy boy and in a fit of rage i kill her, is that an atheist honor killing? or do i have to be a Muslim or the cap doesnt fit.

Last edited:

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
tell me if my wife leaves me for a toy boy and in a fit of rage i kill her, is that an atheist honor killing? or do i have to be a Muslim or the cap doesnt fit.
Let me put it that way, if you shot your wife, or stabbed her, then it wouldnt raise any eyebrows in that regard. however I smell a bit of naivety when there is a beheading involved and we call it 'just another normal murder'.
why not simply do it in an effective clean way?, if we have to analyze this murder, its hard to ignore the method of killing.

Does this mean that only Muslims are infected with crime? Id be insulted if you applied thats what Im saying. what it does mean, is that there is an acknowledged problem of murders motivated by certain sentiments.