• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muslim founds TV Station to portray muslims in a positive light, then beheads wife?

kai

ragamuffin
Let me put it that way, if you shot your wife, or stabbed her, then it wouldnt raise any eyebrows in that regard. however I smell a bit of naivety when there is a beheading involved and we call it 'just another normal murder'.
why not simply do it in an effective clean way?, if we have to analyze this murder, its hard to ignore the method of killing.

Does this mean that only Muslims are infected with crime? Id be insulted if you applied thats what Im saying. what it does mean, is that there is an acknowledged problem of murders motivated by certain sentiments.

No offence is ever intended Caladan,what i meant was Muslims are not immune to the Act of Murder ,Obviously, the abuse of women is no community's or religion's exclusive sin.The guy had a long history of assaulting women, rather than saying it was because he was a Muslim or because of his culture (not sure which on e as he had lived in the us for half his life) I tend to come to the conclusion until i read otherwise that he was a wife beater.and the beheading just the last brutal act of a man that terrorised his women. I beleive this is his third divorce the other two i hope still have their heads , maybe everyone would have been better off if he had chopped off his own head.

Last edited:

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
what i meant was Muslims are not immune to the Act of Murder ,Obviously, the abuse of women is no community's or religion's exclusive sin.The guy had a long history of assaulting women, rather than saying it was because he was a Muslim or because of his culture (not sure which on e as he had lived in the us for half his life) I tend to come to the conclusion until i read otherwise that he was a wife beater.and the beheading just the last brutal act of a man that terrorised his women. I beleive this is his third divorce the other two i hope still have their heads , maybe everyone would have been better off if he had chopped off his own head.
The fact that he was a Muslim does not make him a more capable murderer.

kai

ragamuffin
Its not helpfull in catagorising this as a Muslim based or cultural motivated crime no, But i stick to my initial conclusion that the Guy was a brutal woman beating basterd who horrifically killed his last wife.until i see evidence for any other motive.

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
Its not helpfull in catagorising this as a Muslim based or cultural motivated crime no, But i stick to my initial conclusion that the Guy was a brutal woman beating basterd who horrifically killed his last wife.until i see evidence for any other motive.

Im thinking its all of the above. history of violence, and a method of killing that is hard to ignore within its context.
although semantically we are talking about a domestic murder and not 'honor killing' involving the family etc. although I have to say will not those who engage in acts such as 'honor killings' will prove to have a history of violence?

Last edited:

kai

ragamuffin
Im thinking its all of the above. history of violence, and a method of killing that is hard to ignore within its context.
although semantically we are talking about a domestic murder and not 'honor killing' involving the family etc. I have to wonder if those who engage in acts such as 'honor killings' will prove to have a history of violence?

Indeed, i believe those people who engage in violence escalate the level of violence as time goes by.sometimes stabbing or shooting isn't violent enough.kind of like building up a tolerance if you know what i mean , i have met such people in my time. Domestic violence very often starts little by little gradually getting worse and in some cases culminating in murder.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Indeed, i believe those people who engage in violence escalate the level of violence as time goes by.sometimes stabbing or shooting isn't violent enough.kind of like building up a tolerance if you know what i mean , i have met such people in my time. Domestic violence very often starts little by little gradually getting worse and in some cases culminating in murder.
Um... sawing someone's head off is a tad "over the top" in my view, Kai.

neves

This is why I believe Islam is evil at root. It's prime, and perhaps the only real, concern is Islam and the spread of Islam not people. Islam places Islam the religion the ideology first and foremost above all other concerns. It takes precedent over such noble concerns such as compassion or consideration for others, particularly non Muslims. What you've said here shows this to be the case. You prove my point by your utter disregard for people's feelings and concerns. Your prime concern is that the Koran is read. Your hope is not for people's happiness by whatever means they seek be it Christianity, Buddhism, Wicca, Hinduism or a secular life but for people's conversion to Islam. Islam is a myopic naval gazing ideology without a Golden Rule inferior to other religions.

How can anyone stop someone from hating something? No matter how much one tries to show the good in something, their preconceived notions will prevail... The only way someone will stop hating something is for them to personally make their own investigation... so that's why we Muslims want them to read on their own... make their own picture... Muslims are not delusional, we know viewpoints such as yours may never disappear...but that not really our concern...

iloveislam

Muslim
If the Koran had spent the time teaching love and compassion that it devotes to hatred for Infidels and Unbelievers then I don't believe there would be the level of violence coming from Muslims around the world today.

Please read the Qur'an fully and you'll find out how much love and compassion it displays.

It is when people go to anti-Islamic sources that they are persuaded to believe that Islam teaches violence against non-Muslims. These deceptive tactics of haters of Islam are nothing new, but rather existed for at-least the last 1430 years.

Click Here for the Qur'an

Many of the Muslims in the world have sadly ignored the teachings of the Qur'an and so due to lack of knowledge and their whims and desires they are in this chaos.

Alla Prima

Please read the Qur'an fully and you'll find out how much love and compassion it displays.

It is when people go to anti-Islamic sources that they are persuaded to believe that Islam teaches violence against non-Muslims. These deceptive tactics of haters of Islam are nothing new, but rather existed for at-least the last 1430 years.

Click Here for the Qur'an

Many of the Muslims in the world have sadly ignored the teachings of the Qur'an and so due to lack of knowledge and their whims and desires they are in this chaos.

I did read the Koran carefully. This is how I know it teaches hate. It is not possible for a Muslim to be critical of the Koran therefore it is not possible for a Muslim to understand islam the way a non Muslim can or an ex Muslim can. Ever wonder why there's been so much criticism of Islam for the past 1400 years? Ever wonder why there has been hardly any criticism of Buddhism for the last 2,500 years? You'll blame it on haters. I suppose that helps you to sleep at night but you're wrong. For you Islam can only be good. You're blind to what it is doing to the world.

Alla Prima

How can anyone stop someone from hating something? No matter how much one tries to show the good in something, their preconceived notions will prevail... The only way someone will stop hating something is for them to personally make their own investigation... so that's why we Muslims want them to read on their own... make their own picture... Muslims are not delusional, we know viewpoints such as yours may never disappear...but that not really our concern...

So Muslims are not delusional but all ex-Muslims are delusional? How convenient. And all writings which paint a good picture of Muhammad are authentic writings and all writings which paint Muhammad as a thief, rapist, murderer and pedophile are false writings? How convenient.

No I think one must be utterly delusional to be a member of the Islamic ideology.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
I did read the Koran carefully. This is how I know it teaches hate. It is not possible for a Muslim to be critical of the Koran therefore it is not possible for a Muslim to understand islam the way a non Muslim can or an ex Muslim can. Ever wonder why there's been so much criticism of Islam for the past 1400 years? Ever wonder why there has been hardly any criticism of Buddhism for the last 2,500 years? You'll blame it on haters. I suppose that helps you to sleep at night but you're wrong. For you Islam can only be good. You're blind to what it is doing to the world.
I agree completely. I too have read the Qur'an several times and Muslims simply DO NOT understand how badly the Qur'an can appear to a non-Muslim. If one isn't the slightest bit interested in "reverting" to Islam, the whole book is nothing short of a diatribe of hostility and horror to anyone who prefers to disbelieve. There is some wisdom. There is some beauty but for the most part it is lost in page after page of the insane ramblings of a very troubled "god".

neves

I agree completely. I too have read the Qur'an several times and Muslims simply DO NOT understand how badly the Qur'an can appear to a non-Muslim. If one isn't the slightest bit interested in "reverting" to Islam, the whole book is nothing short of a diatribe of hostility and horror to anyone who prefers to disbelieve. There is some wisdom. There is some beauty but for the most part it is lost in page after page of the insane ramblings of a very troubled "god".

show me...

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
I would kindly like to advice you to seek knowledge and then communicate it here.

In an Islamic state there is punishment for killing an innocent human being, which has to be taken to Islamic courts and then the Judge decides (based on Islamic Laws) what sort of punishment should be given to the criminal.

Like burying a woman up to her neck and stoning her and a Man up to his waist so he has a chance to escape,nothing like Justice is there;)

Alla Prima

Exactly and it wasn't til this past week that I finally got it. I finally got that Muslims are blind to the hate. They truely can't see it and for an obvious reason. Once you submit to Islam you give up your critical eye for Islam. That's part of the deal otherwise it's not a complete submission. Muslims can no more see fault in Islam any more than we non Muslims can see Islam as the one true perfect religion.

As I've repeated again and again Islam is incompatible with free liberal democratic societies.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
Exactly and it wasn't til this past week that I finally got it. I finally got that Muslims are blind to the hate. They truely can't see it and for an obvious reason. Once you submit to Islam you give up your critical eye for Islam. That's part of the deal otherwise it's not a complete submission. Muslims can no more see fault in Islam any more than we non Muslims can see Islam as the one true perfect religion.

As I've repeated again and again Islam is incompatible with free liberal democratic societies.

Plus when people are raised as a Muslim its the norm and so yes they don't see the problem