• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muslim founds TV Station to portray muslims in a positive light, then beheads wife?

kai

ragamuffin
Because he lopped off her head. The prophet Muhammad lopped off quite a few heads.

How many heads do Buddhists or Christians lop off? How many heads did Buddha or Jesus lop off?

OK i think e are beginning to lose track here, are there any surveys in the US as to which religion has the most be headings, I couldn't find one.

At the risk of repeating myself the Guys a nutter, he cut of his third wifes head, the other two are still wearing hats.

Is there a belief in Islam that only the third wife gets topped?

or maybe, just maybe, this guy lost it. and religion didn't come into it. Until i read a statement from him saying otherwise or some evidence for this i am sticking to the nutter theory.

P.S. and by the way asking a question like how many Heads have Christians lopped off? wow! do you have a calculator? heres a little reminder

Last edited:

kai

ragamuffin
Christians don't lop off heads. They put bullets in them.

Well i wont generalise but France which i think counts as a "christian" country did indeed stop cutting peoples heads off in 1981.

The issue here is did this guy cut off his wifes head because he was a muslim? whats the evidence for that ------he is a muslim.

not good enough for me.

Alla Prima

Well i wont generalise but France which i think counts as a "christian" country did indeed stop cutting peoples heads off in 1981.

The issue here is did this guy cut off his wifes head because he was a muslim? whats the evidence for that ------he is a muslim.

not good enough for me.

Seriously, that's true enough but it does raise question about honor killings. Honor killings are a fact of Islamic culture. Everytime some Muslim violence happens whether it's honor killings or terrorism it's never attributed to the teachings of Islam even though the teachings of Islam promote and sanction violence. Just a bunch of nuts and extremists.

Alla Prima

In the most Islamic country in the world beheadings seem to be fairly popular.

Saudi Arabia uses public beheading as the punishment for murder, rape, drug trafficking, sodomy and armed robbery, apostasy and certain other offences such as homosexuality illicit love affairs of Saudi girls (one Saudi princess was beheaded for illicit love). 45 men and 2 women were beheaded in 2002 and a further 52 men and 1 woman in 2003. The condemned of both sexes are given tranquillisers and then taken by police van to a public square or a car park after midday Friday prayers. Their eyes are covered and they are blindfolded. The police clear the square of traffic and a sheet of blue plastic sheet about 16 feet square is laid out on the ground. Dressed in their own clothes, barefoot, with shackled feet and hands cuffed behind their back, the prisoner is led by a police officer to the centre of the sheet where they are made to kneel facing Mecca. An Interior Ministry official reads out the prisoner's name and crime to the crowd of witnesses. Saudi Arabia also cut (Chopping) hands and feet of the thieves. And Saudi does this as per Islamic code and tradition. http://www.faithfreedom.org/oped/SKM40715.htm

A Canadian has been found guilty of murder in Saudi Arabia and sentenced to beheading, the Canadian government confirmed on Monday. http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2008/03/03/saudi-canadian.html

Sententia

Therefore? Again: How does this transparent effort at insinuation serve anything of value?

Again... I will type slower even though you will read this at the same speed as if I typed normally... visualize. ;)

Its not my insinuation. This is all over the news. Muslim freak who was head of TV station that promotes a better image for muslims beheads wife with giant sword.

Thats the headlines.

But you are not proffering an opinion but, rather, promoting an insinuation.

I don't have enough details to offer an opinion. I can take what I have read and heard and relate it. My opinion is you should not behead your wife, daughter, neighbor, stranger, cousin or whatever.

In america its not normal to kill your wife by beheading her, on purpose and then reporting yourself for having done so. In fact I will go out on a limb here and say thats pretty damn abnormal.

Brigette Gabriel was on Maher and commented on it. (At about 2:45) YouTube - BILL MAHER PANEL PT 5 INTERVIEW WITH BRIGITTE GABRIEL ANTI ISLAM ARAB MUZZAMMIL HASSAN

Argument by innuendo is disingenuous and gutless on the face of it.

It is also pathetically fallacious to suggest that Islam (or Judaism, or atheism, or ...) can or should be stigmatized by the actions of some self-proclaimed adherent. Do you disagree?

Well the majority of america is christian and they don't behead their people but other countries do. Beheading people does not seem to be a christian practice atleast not in america. So fallicious? Not entirely. Yes a christian could behead his wife and that would be fallicious to characterize all christians as then being people that behead their wives but in the US beheading is not acceptable. It is not normal behavior and it is not done very often. Americans dont normally kill their wives over what is described as an honor killing. This is common in other countries. Fox news wants you to know that they think this was an honor killing. FOXNews.com - Beheading in New York Appears to Be Honor Killing, Experts Say - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News

Regardless. In the US Beheadings is not normal. Whether I disagree or not I think is more of a question of your phrasing of the question. I know many muslims who would never behead their wives but they are the first to tell me that there are muslims that would and we should be cautious of them.

kai

ragamuffin
In the most Islamic country in the world beheadings seem to be fairly popular.

and what does that have to do with this case? If you are saying that this murder was Islamic based because they Behead people in Saudi Arabia?

Can you tell me why his two previous divorces did not end in headless ex wives?

jamaesi

To Save A Lamb
I find it interesting that so many are saying that no one in America or the West beheads anyone. OJ Simpson murdered his wife by stabbing her in the neck, her head was nearly severed from her body. Of course, no one called his religious beliefs or race or culture in question.

I could dredge up more cases of nonMiddle Eastern and nonMuslim Americans beheading their wives, but one would think everyone knows about the Simpson one...

Hm.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
Well the majority of america is christian and they don't behead their people but other countries do. Beheading people does not seem to be a christian practice atleast not in america. So fallicious?
Classic! Honestly, it is extremely difficult to explain such a transparently stupid statement without positing a source befogged and befuddled by bigotry.

Sahar

There are men who kill their wives in my culture and my society. Many more than there should be, Not4Me. So far as I know, it is not often considered something honorable here, regardless of the circumstances. But from what I hear, killing your wife is -- in some circumstances -- considered the honorable thing to do in Pakistan, which is where the man was from.
Yeah in some circumstances. What are the circumstances that led you to say "it's a local cultural thing"?!
Many people have done this: Muslim killed his wife = honor killing = a cultural/religious practice. This leads me to think that they have no idea about what they are talking about.
The last funny thing I read beheading is a criterion for "honor killing". :areyoucra