• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muslim founds TV Station to portray muslims in a positive light, then beheads wife?

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
This might help prevent them
There are some hadith which call for our killing, and this is what concerns apostates most. Mohammed knew apostates of Islam could easily shake up people's beleifs. For this reason, he ordered to kill us, as demonstrated in the following hadith:
"Whoever changes his religion, kill him."
[Bukhari, Hakim, Ibn Abi Shaybah, Tabarani]​

Alla Prima

This might help prevent them
There are some hadith which call for our killing, and this is what concerns apostates most. Mohammed knew apostates of Islam could easily shake up people's beleifs. For this reason, he ordered to kill us, as demonstrated in the following hadith:
"Whoever changes his religion, kill him."
[Bukhari, Hakim, Ibn Abi Shaybah, Tabarani]​

Allow me to add to this:

Sahih Bukhari

Volume 4, Book 52, Number 260:

Ali burnt some people and this news reached Ibn 'Abbas, who said, "Had I been in his place I would not have burnt them, as the Prophet said, 'Don't punish (anybody) with Allah's Punishment.' No doubt, I would have killed them, for the Prophet said, 'If somebody (a Muslim) discards his religion, kill him.' "

Volume 9, Book 83, Number 37:

I said, "By Allah, Allah's Apostle never killed anyone except in one of the following three situations: (1) A person who killed somebody unjustly, was killed (in Qisas,) (2) a married person who committed illegal sexual intercourse and (3) a man who fought against Allah and His Apostle and deserted Islam and became an apostate."

Volume 9, Book 84, Number 57:

Some Zanadiqa (atheists) were brought to 'Ali and he burnt them. The news of this event, reached Ibn 'Abbas who said, "If I had been in his place, I would not have burnt them, as Allah's Apostle forbade it, saying, 'Do not punish anybody with Allah's punishment (fire).' I would have killed them according to the statement of Allah's Apostle, 'Whoever changed his Islamic religion, then kill him.'"

Volume 9, Book 89, Number 271:

A man embraced Islam and then reverted back to Judaism. Mu'adh bin Jabal came and saw the man with Abu Musa. Mu'adh asked, "What is wrong with this (man)?" Abu Musa replied, "He embraced Islam and then reverted back to Judaism." Mu'adh said, "I will not sit down unless you kill him (as it is) the verdict of Allah and His Apostle

Volume 9, Book 84, Number 58:

There was a fettered man beside Abu Muisa. Mu'adh asked, "Who is this (man)?" Abu Muisa said, "He was a Jew and became a Muslim and then reverted back to Judaism." Then Abu Muisa requested Mu'adh to sit down but Mu'adh said, "I will not sit down till he has been killed. This is the judgment of Allah and His Apostle (for such cases) and repeated it thrice. Then Abu Musa ordered that the man be killed, and he was killed.

kai

ragamuffin
You know, I have read the Qur'an from the POV of a believer, and still the objective feel you get from reading this Arabian gem was the trumpet of monotheism and religious reform in Arabia, yes it was also carried to far lands and successfully embraced many other cultures into the concept of the Ummah, but I believe that an objective and well cultured 'believer' who is well read on former scriptures and religious history can openly admit, there there is no need to tag the Qur'an with infallibility.

But correct me if i am wrong ,but to a beleiver the Quran is the infallible word of God, and has totally submitted, there fore could not possibly suspend that beleif.

I have asked about this before, this may be of interest.
http://www.religiousforums.com/forum/general-religious-debates/38353-quran-infallable-word-god.html

Last edited:

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
But correct me if i am wrong ,but to a beleiver the Quran is the infallible word of God, and has totally submitted, there fore could not possibly suspend that beleif.

I have asked about this before, this may be of interest.
http://www.religiousforums.com/forum/general-religious-debates/38353-quran-infallable-word-god.html

If we imagine all Muslims to be simple people who are unable to think out of the box (or think for themselves) and display a normal and healthy intellect and minimal critical thinking, you might be right. but for example many Christians are not literalists. isnt it reasonable to think that the believers who are well read on the Qur'an and read it for themselves (as opposed to the many believers who display almost complete ignorance of whats written in its pages), can have a more educated outlook?

kai

ragamuffin
If we imagine all Muslims to be simple people who are unable to think out of the box (or think for themselves) and display a normal and healthy intellect and minimal critical thinking, you might be right. but for example many Christians are not literalists. isnt it reasonable to think that the believers who are well read on the Qur'an and read it for themselves (as opposed to the many believers who display almost complete ignorance of whats written in its pages), can have a more educated outlook?

i dont think we can compare Islam to Christianity, is there a movement within Islam that does not consider the Quran the literal word of God?

The Quran, the last revealed word of God, is the primary source of every Muslim’s faith and practice. It deals with all the subjects which concern human beings: wisdom, doctrine, worship, transactions, law, etc., but its basic theme is the relationship between God and His creatures. At the same time, it provides guidelines and detailed teachings for a just society, proper human conduct, and an equitable economic system.

I dont think it leaves much room for thinking out of the box.

Islam Guide: What Is the Quran About?

Last edited:

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Aren't there men who kill/behead their wives in your "local culture"?!

There are men who kill their wives in my culture and my society. Many more than there should be, Not4Me. So far as I know, it is not often considered something honorable here, regardless of the circumstances. But from what I hear, killing your wife is -- in some circumstances -- considered the honorable thing to do in Pakistan, which is where the man was from.

At any rate, I don't think Islam has any thing to do with this man killing his wife. And I don't think his cultural back ground has as much to do with his killing his wife as the fact he was an abusive man to begin with. There are abusive men in every culture that I know of, and they don't seem to need much encouragement to harm people.

Every where you go, there are people who abuse their spouses. This is not a religious problem, nor a cultural problem, but a human problem. However, no religion and no culture and no society is justified in doing anything that encourages or condones spousal abuse.

Last edited:

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Every where you go, there are people who abuse their spouses. This is not a religious problem, nor a cultural problem, but a human problem. However, no religion and no culture and no society is justified in doing anything that encourages or condones spousal abuse.
While that is true, Phil, most men who kill their wifes do not:

- create a TV network to show the peaceful nature of ones religion
- accept accolades from ones peers for outstanding achievement in furthering the image of ones religious community.
- subscribes to a religion that allows for a male to "beat" his spouse
- butcher ones wife with a sword because she wants a divorce

kai

ragamuffin
what puzzles me is , if this was an honour killing how come his first two wives got away with it heads intact ?

RemnanteK

Seeking More Truth
Sad story...

But if we took every religion that had a fanatic or a member that has done something wrong and got rid of them, then there would be no religion left at all. Just because someone says they are this or that doesn't mean they are what the claim to be. I could say I'm an Astronaut, but does that make me one?

Sententia

How does this transparent effort at insinuation serve anything of value?

The weilder of the giant sword here ran a TV station that attempted to improve the image of muslims.

Regardless of if he killed his wife for religious reasons or not there is a definitive conection made for the majority of america who will see muslim, giant sword, wife beheaded and it seems very counterproductive to what he was trying to do.

Whether you agree with it or not is your opinion. This is my opinion which does not require your approval to have value.

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
While that is true, Phil, most men who kill their wifes do not:

- create a TV network to show the peaceful nature of ones religion
- accept accolades from ones peers for outstanding achievement in furthering the image of ones religious community.
- subscribes to a religion that allows for a male to "beat" his spouse
- butcher ones wife with a sword because she wants a divorce

You have not seen a professor or a psychologist who used to deal with the victims of rape and then try to use these victims or rape them?

You have not seen a priest who talk about being pious in the morning then commit adultery at the evening?

You have not seen a President who used to launch campaigns to convince people how good he is and what he is doing then do the contrary?

You have not seen very educated people who teach people the value of life then they go and commit suicide?

Sheesh, and you tell me that Islam is not under attack?!!! :cover:

I'm now convinced it's, more than anytime before. You just go watch your tv, follow the sick comments about Muslims there in some channels and let them direct you to wherever they want you to go.

Last edited:

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
You have not seen a professor or a psychologist who used to deal with the victims of rape and then try to use these victims or rape them?
Not that I am aware of, no.

You have not seen a priest who talk about being pious in the morning then commit adultery at the evening?

You have not seen a President who used to launch campaigns to convince people how good he is and what he is doing then do the contrary?

You have not seen very educated people who teach people the value of life then they go and commit suicide?
I think this whole incident goes a tiny bit beyond hyporacy, TashaN. Just a tiny bit.

I don't think I have ever said that TashaN. What makes you think that I have?

I'm now convinced it's, more than anytime before. You just go watch your tv, follow the sick comments about Muslims there in some channels and let them direct you to wherever they want you to go.
I don't watch a lot of TV, TashaN. For the most part, the stations I have watched in recent months tend to put a big happy face on Islam, but I guess you don't want to hear that. It's all just a big misunderstanding... right?

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist

This is true. A few years back we saw 19 educated people decide to commit suicide and take a few thousand other people along with them. I'm pretty sure it wasn't Islam under attack though.

Alla Prima

It's curious to me that whenever Islam is put under the magnifying glass a whole bunch of labels inevitably come out of the woodwork. 'Attack' is but one. Here are the ones dumped on me so far: racism, Islamophobia, bigot, Xenophobia, propaganda, hysterical, dangerously irrational and hate mongering.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
How does this transparent effort at insinuation serve anything of value?
The weilder of the giant sword here ran a TV station that attempted to improve the image of muslims. Regardless of if he killed his wife for religious reasons or not there is a definitive conection made for the majority of america who will see muslim, giant sword, wife beheaded and it seems very counterproductive to what he was trying to do.
Therefore? Again: How does this transparent effort at insinuation serve anything of value?

Whether you agree with it or not is your opinion. This is my opinion which does not require your approval to have value.
But you are not proffering an opinion but, rather, promoting an insinuation. Argument by innuendo is disingenuous and gutless on the face of it.

It is also pathetically fallacious to suggest that Islam (or Judaism, or atheism, or ...) can or should be stigmatized by the actions of some self-proclaimed adherent. Do you disagree?

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
It's curious to me that whenever Islam is put under the magnifying glass ...
Are you suggesting that this thread is putting Islam under a magnifying glass?

... a whole bunch of labels inevitably come out of the woodwork. 'Attack' is but one. Here are the ones dumped on me so far: racism, Islamophobia, bigot, Xenophobia, propaganda, hysterical, dangerously irrational and hate mongering.
One possibility, of course, is that the characterizations are deserved.

Alla Prima

Are you suggesting that this thread is putting Islam under a magnifying glass?

Of course. Haven't you noticed that all threads about Islam are Islam under the glass and with good reason.

One possibility, of course, is that the characterizations are deserved.

Then one would expect support for such labeling otherwise the labels themselves become bigoted attacks. None has ever been given.