• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muslims do not worship the same god as the Christians

DreadFish

Cosmic Vagabond
If I haven't mentioned it, for some short answers see, Do Christians and Muslims worship the same God? and Is Jesus God’s Son? How could Allah, being one, have a Son?

For a longer answer see, Is Allah the God of the Bible? ,which from the title of my message you can surmise the answer is, "No."

Those articles appear to reflect a subjective opinion rather than an objective factual conclusion.

Frankly, other than the fact that the religions of Muslims, Christians, and Jews all revolve around the god of Abraham, each have a different take on him and there is no way to objectively prove who is right.

You can use sources from the Bible, but the Muslims and Jews may say the Bible is corrupted. You can use sources from the Qur'an, but the Christians may say that Muhammad forged it or made up the details (as that last link alludes to).

Again, there is a reason why they are called "Abrahamic" religions. They revolve around the god of Abraham. Each of them has a different opinion on the nature of God and His laws. So, who's right?

kai

ragamuffin
Those articles appear to reflect a subjective opinion rather than an objective factual conclusion.

Frankly, other than the fact that the religions of Muslims, Christians, and Jews all revolve around the god of Abraham, each have a different take on him and there is no way to objectively prove who is right.

You can use sources from the Bible, but the Muslims and Jews may say the Bible is corrupted. You can use sources from the Qur'an, but the Christians may say that Muhammad forged it or made up the details (as that last link alludes to).

Again, there is a reason why they are called "Abrahamic" religions.
They revolve around the god of Abraham.
Each of them has a different opinion on the nature of God and His laws. So, who's right?

This is the bit that bothers me somewhat ? did Abraham right anything down about his god?

DreadFish

Cosmic Vagabond
This is the bit that bothers me somewhat ? did Abraham right anything down about his god?

I thought I had read that it is possible he wrote something from Genesis. Im trying to find anything that points to that, but coming up with no luck.

kai

ragamuffin
so is Abraham responsible for three of the world's top religions? or are two of the worlds top religions claiming him to gain some kind of respectability some Provenance? I can get it with Judaism and as Christianity was at first a Jewish sect,i can get that to, so maybe i should ask has Islam claimed him to gain provenance. just a thought.

Last edited:

DreadFish

Cosmic Vagabond
so is Abraham responsible for three of the world's top religions? or are two of the worlds top religions claiming him to gain some kind of respectability some Provenance? I can get it with Judaism and as Christianity was at first a Jewish sect,i can get that to, so maybe i should ask has Islam claimed him to gain provenance. just a thought.

Well Ismael, Abraham's son, was said even in the OT, to be the father of the Arab people. So there is biblical evidence for it too.

Huni999

1 who doesnt know believe
I asked a Muslim if humans need an intercessor between them and God, which a Christian says Christ is the intercessor, and the Muslim said that we do not need an intercession between us and God.

This to me tells me that it is not the same God which these two faiths worship.

I'd like someone to ellaborate on the intercession concerning Islam, but if I'm correct in that simple manner than we cannot possibly be worshipping the same God because the Christian God is necessarily so unfathomable and holy that mankind cannot possibly approach Him. Likewise, such a God is so beyond human comprehension that He cannot directly communicate with us.

I don't want my specific definitions to spark too much debate, I'm not sure how to describe Allah, if no intercession is required, I've not thought what this means for God in terms of a logical argument, is that the "most holy" God possible? Is that the most infallible? The maximally great? etc?

I think that the condition of intercession means the two gods are contradictory thus cannot be the same.

Muslims make the declaration that there is no Allah (God) but Allah and Muhammad is his messenger. How can they say that they don't need and intercessor when Muhammad is the intercessors? Otherwise Allah would have delivered the message himself!

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
Muslims make the declaration that there is no Allah (God) but Allah and Muhammad is his messenger. How can they say that they don't need and intercessor when Muhammad is the intercessors? Otherwise Allah would have delivered the message himself!

What Islam teaches is that these "messengers" were sent to a particular people at a particular time. Moses was the intercessor between the people and "God" of his day. Remember, he was the go between. The same is with the biblical Yeshua and the same is with Muhammad. Moses guided his people, Yeshua came only for "The lost sheep of the house of Israel" and Muhammad was the messenger that guided his people to the path of Islam.

Islam recognizes all the messengers and it is an article of their faith to accept these messengers. If you don't then you can not call yourself a Muslim. It is my view that Jews, Muslims and Non-Trinitarian Christians worship the same god.

Protester

Again, there is a reason why they are called "Abrahamic" religions. They revolve around the god of Abraham. Each of them has a different opinion on the nature of God and His laws. So, who's right?

I would like to say I appreciate that you looked over those links! I really doubt that Christian and Jews have that much difference of opinion of who God is, and Jews and conservative Protestants have exactly the same Old Testament, we may not have it in the same order, and they may not have the verses numbered (though I would dare to suggest that they would find numbering verses handy, though perhaps but how the paragraphs are arranged they would disagree with -- and so would many Protestants for that matter.

By the way, which Qur'an? are we talking about? There are people in Germany right now translating version of the Koran that was found in Persia (Iran), I'm looking for that point out this material from the National Geographic Society special on the Koran, Video -- Interpreting the Koran -- National Geographic

As the above points out, there seems to be a greater degree of interpretation than the Bible would lend itself to? It is of course a necessity for any person seeking God to ask, How do we know that the Bible is the Word of God, and not the Apocrypha, the Qur’an, the Book of Mormon, etc.? , and as far as Abrahamic religions go, it would of course be right for Muslims to ask, Do the Qur’an and Muhammad affirm or reject the Bible? Should a Muslim read the Bible? . We conservative Protestants believe we have the correct book from God, and we follow a consistent hermeneutic What is Biblical Hermeneutics? in, interpreting the Bible. A very formal statement on how it was done was issued some years back, Chicago Statement on Biblical Hermeneutics (1982) We, would be the first to admit those of other ideas about father Abraham may have very different ideas on interpretation of not only the Old and New Testaments, but what is to be considered holy scripture.

A-ManESL

By the way, which Qur'an? are we talking about? There are people in Germany right now translating version of the Koran that was found in Persia (Iran)

What are you talking about?? I think you have a misunderstanding. There is only 1 Quran.