• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muslims do not worship the same god as the Christians

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
By the way, which Qur'an? are we talking about? There are people in Germany right now translating version of the Koran that was found in Persia (Iran), I'm looking for that point out this material from the National Geographic Society special on the Koran, Video -- Interpreting the Koran -- National Geographic

As the above points out, there seems to be a greater degree of interpretation than the Bible would lend itself to? It is of course a necessity for any person seeking God to ask, How do we know that the Bible is the Word of God, and not the Apocrypha, the Qur’an, the Book of Mormon, etc.? , and as far as Abrahamic religions go, it would of course be right for Muslims to ask, Do the Qur’an and Muhammad affirm or reject the Bible? Should a Muslim read the Bible? . We conservative Protestants believe we have the correct book from God, and we follow a consistent hermeneutic What is Biblical Hermeneutics? in, interpreting the Bible. A very formal statement on how it was done was issued some years back, Chicago Statement on Biblical Hermeneutics (1982) We, would be the first to admit those of other ideas about father Abraham may have very different ideas on interpretation of not only the Old and New Testaments, but what is to be considered holy scripture.

All of your links about multiple Qurans etc. is not even important to the thread question. How about you start a new thread challenging the authorship of the Quran there.

Bismillah

Submit
Just like there is only one Bible....
No actually not the same at all because as far as I know different versions of Bibles incorporate different stories.

The Qur'an has one single form from which translations are produced. Every single copy of the Qur'an is identical.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
What exactly does interpretation have to do with the fact that each Qur'an is identical?
Because they are not identical.
It really is not a hard concept to understand.

There are multiple versions of the Koran in English, for example.

Though I do wonder why you are so impressed with something that you used to be able say only because one Muslim warlord picked his favourite version of the Quran then went to great lengths to eradicate all other versions.

A-ManESL

Oh I see what you guys were talking about. Muslims don't call translations of the Quran as exactly the Quran, because they don't possess the unique sacred character. Rather these are usually referred to as interpretations or translations. The situation is different from the Bible where the translation is also called by Christians a Bible. I didn't understand the original sentence as referring to different translations.

I don't understand Arabic, (although I can read it; the script is the same as in Urdu). Whenever I read the Quran I was taught to first read the Quran proper in Arabic (even though I cannot understand Arabic) then go through the translation/interpretation. That is because according to Muslims the translation/interpretation is not the Quran but the Arabic text is.

Regards

Bismillah

Submit
Because they are not identical.
As A-man ESL said the Qur'an is in referenced only to the book in Arabic. Translations are referred to as just that translations, for example one does not need to be in a state of purity to read a translation but does to read the Qur'an in Arabic.
Of course I realize, I have read several. They are called translations however, they are not looked upon as different versions of the Qur'an but as different translations of the Qur'an.
Though I do wonder why you are so impressed with something that you used to be able say only because one Muslim warlord picked his favourite version of the Quran then went to great lengths to eradicate all other versions.
One reason that I am impressed is because the narration of the Qur'an is then, assuming you are a Muslim, from Allah to the Angel Gabriel to the Prophet Muhammad to humanity. I prefer my religious texts to be unaltered.

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
Well the thread, once again, is not really about who's scripture ir more authentic than the other. The thread states (muslims do not worship the same god as christians). Actually they do. Even Arabic speaking christians call upon the name Allah in their scripture and prayers. Jews and Muslims have different customs but have the same god. Hebrew, Arabic as well as Aramaic reveal that they all share the same god. The one main differences are the evangelical/trinitarian christians who view Yeshua as ("God")...Other christians that do not view Yeshua as "God" are exempt and sets them on par with the Jew and the Muslim.

Please people who don't have an idea about Quran history and haven't read it ;) don't participate with false informations just to show your voice ,let's be more major and show some responsability of what we say,ok!!:)

Hi protester
You made a conclusion that muslim and christian do not worship the same God :no:
But i prefer when people have first a clear idea and then judje correctly ok!
before comparing God worshiped by everyone of us ,first I give u an idea about *what do muslim think about christians and about the bible and then make your first conclusion. :)
1/ We muslim feel closer to the christians than to the jews and disbelievers
,as the Quran prophesied in surat5:82 " thou wilt find the most vehement of mankind in hostility to those who believe (to be )the jews and the idolators. And thou wilt find the nearest of them in affection to those who believe (to be ) those who say:Lo !We are Christians.this is because there are among them priests and monks (i.e.persons entirely devoted to the service of God ,as were the Muslims),and because they are not proud"
2/ we believe that the Original Bible revealed To Jesus Is the Word of God*
Unfortunatelly during history people who dont fear God had the audacity to corrupt and adultarate His word by addition or deletion*
I know there is a lot of truth in the Bible and a lot if lies too
I wish as a muslim I could Read the original one.

Bismillah

Submit
Mestemia said:
And yet you do not know that the warlords favourite version was not altered.
I like how much arrogance you have so as to subscribe what I do and do not know. Either way you are going to have to prove your statement because I have support of the formulation and transmission of the Qur'an from the Prophet to the people and the opinion of well known Orientalists who agree with my conclusion that the Qur'an is unchanged here.

And please if you are going to attempt to be inflammatory and disparaging be realistic in your slandering, Uthman was in no sense a "warlord" as his rise to rule and its basis was on the basis of democratic election, nor did its codification begin with Uthamn.

I just read a book about God throughout history. There have been many arguments about how every man should reach for God and how each religion would meet God. Some believed that God is deep inside people's souls while others thought that God is a totally external being or entity. Some believed that God can't even be analyzed because he was far above normal human beings.

I don't think the most known of the monotheist religions worship a different god. It's like saying that 3 people read a totally different book because they have another opinion of what's written inside.

waitasec

Veteran Member
I like how much arrogance you have so as to subscribe what I do and do not know. Either way you are going to have to prove your statement because I have support of the formulation and transmission of the Qur'an from the Prophet to the people and the opinion of well known Orientalists who agree with my conclusion that the Qur'an is unchanged here.

And please if you are going to attempt to be inflammatory and disparaging be realistic in your slandering, Uthman was in no sense a "warlord" as his rise to rule and its basis was on the basis of democratic election, nor did its codification begin with Uthamn.

tolerating other people's views really must be hard for you, poor thing :facepalm:

McBell

Admiral Obvious

Where is the original Koran?
Not the version that Uthman decided was to be the word of Allah, but the original?

How can you compare Uthman's favourite version to it?

you cannot.
Therefore you cannot know that Uthman's favourite version is an unaltered version.

Now if you want to talk about who is being arrogant about what you know, it would have to be you, wouldn't it?

A-ManESL

It were not different Koran's but the dialects which were used to read it that was standardized by Uthman (RA). The style of Arabic dialect used was that of the Quraysh tribe to which the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) belonged. Hence this style was emphasized over all others. Uthman obtained the complete manuscript of the Koran from Hafsah, one of the wives of Muhammad(pbuh) who had been entrusted to keep the manuscript ever since the Koran was comprehensively compiled by the first Caliph, Abu Bakr(RA). Virtually all scholars unanimously agree that the difference was only in the dialect used to read.

Last edited:

waterbear

I'm a Christian and I can't see Jesus' heavenly Father at all in Muhammad's Quran. There's no real forgiveness of sins in Islam and there is much threat of unending torturous punishment for sinners. Plus Allah seems very much like the Israelite tribal war god, Yahweh, and I am with Jesus who followed the commandments of God Most High, EL Elyon, the highest of all ancient deities. The Jewish makeover of EL into Yahweh via the Sinai Covenant never really worked, did it? Only produced the schizoid YHWH and Allah both war gods primarily with no sense of human worth except as obedient slaves. '

It's telling that both Jews and Muslims believe YHWH and Allah are beyond human comprehension and not directly related to humanity while the God of Christianity is Father to humanity made in Their image, made male and female, so we can expect a Mother face of the Godhead too. We Gnostic Christians never forgot Her, Catholics didn't either, but Pauline Protestants and Jews and Muslims have and are stuck with the Man God who acts the War Lord issuing commandments that must be obeyed or you are punished severely. EL, not being a war god but above war gods never needed to terrorize believers into belief as do the war gods, YHWH and Allah. So, yes, there is a difference in the godhead believed by Muslims, Jews, and Christians.