• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muslims: Keeping the wife "in line"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
Unfortunately, Godobeyer, you appear to be dancing around the topic by doing what most Muslims I've seen do: point ant the other guys and say "they do it too, and MORE!". As a fellow Muslim, this isn't helpful.

sorry sister , but maybe it's sometimes , maybe i will change my mind to be honest with some people . to used it against me :yes:

but it's a chance to show them the meaning of that verse in Holy Quran .

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
Which would you rather have, Godobeyer: a wife who understands and respects you, or one who fears you and seethes in resentment?

Draka

Wonder Woman
It depends whether she's the mouthy type or not.

I'm mouthy. I have great lips. :flirt:

Seriously though, if a man doesn't like the attitude of his wife then perhaps he shouldn't have married her in the first place. If he wants a docile subservient woman then find one that fits the bill instead of beating one into submission.

Last edited:

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
why it's not a solution for mariage problem ?

Because it's obviously not fair and equal. Women are not lesser, nor are they property. And physical assault is never justifiable, as there is never a reason a civilized adult should resort to it.

Last edited:

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
I'm mouthy. I have great lips. :flirt:

Huminah.

Seriously though, if a man doesn't like the attitude of his wife then perhaps she shouldn't have married her in the first place. If he wants a docile subservient woman then find one that fits the bill instead of beating one into submission.

It's no fun breaking a horse that's already docile. That sense of pride and accomplishment comes only from breaking a particularly stubborn horse.

Draka

Wonder Woman
Huminah.

It's no fun breaking a horse that's already docile. That sense of pride and accomplishment comes only from breaking a particularly stubborn horse.

Do you really want docile if you're going in for the challenge? And if a challenge is what you want, are you really going to be that interested in a woman when she's no longer a challenge?

Enlighten

Yes the God told the man to beat an unsubordinate wife .

Why can they not be equal and speak about things rationally, finally coming to a conclusion as to what has gone wrong instead of beating his wife?

Men are the maintainers of women :he is the responsible of her food and clothes and everything she want but in his limit .

My husband doesn't maintain me and I don't think any less of him, I am happy being equal. If he raised his hand to me then I don't think he would be my husband for long.

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
Do you really want docile if you're going in for the challenge? And if a challenge is what you want, are you really going to be that interested in a woman when she's no longer a challenge?

I'm pretty sure men who beat their wives have no compunction about cheating either.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I recommend a wife whisperer to tame the spunky spouse.
(Wasn't that made into a movie?)

Last edited:

Godobeyer

Premium Member
Such primitive savagery has no place in the modern, civilized world.
and your modern world (western) made from the woman as trade,and use her as sex tools , abuse her to work for living (on contrary we give her to right to work not by force) , then live her in the end of her live in the old age hospital , can't you see ? , if you critic god solution for mariage problem ,
try to admits yours and fix them first problem in your civilized world.
Women's Suffrage - Uncyclopedia, the content-free encyclopedia
the blind never mock the one-eye
Fundamental difference between Islam and West

Draka

Wonder Woman
Yes the God told the man to beat an unsubordinate wife .

God give a solution when the life between the pair of husband and wife comes to end wall .

Men are the maintainers of women :he is the responsible of her food and clothes and everything she want but in his limit .

first solution : admonish them ,
second solution :leave them alone in the sleeping-places
the last solution : beat them
and if the there is no personal solution : appoint an arbiter
and if there is no solution the divorse is only the solution
at you see there are the steps to resolve the problem for rebellion wife,
the beat is the
last personal solution.

This all looks as if the man is always right. Is it not possible for the man to be wrong? If a wife is in disagreement with her husband about something is it always assumed the man is right even if he may be wrong? What recourses are available to women if the husband is in the wrong about something? Are they equal to the recourses of men? Are there even options for her that are acceptable?

Godobeyer

Premium Member
Why can they not be equal and speak about things rationally, finally coming to a conclusion as to what has gone wrong instead of beating his wife?
we are equal in the rights and duty for god and we are all human , but we are not physicaly and psychologically equal

My husband doesn't maintain me and I don't think any less of him, I am happy being equal. If he raised his hand to me then I don't think he would be my husband for long
sorry for this exemple , and plz Madam ,don't consider it as insult .
if you and your husband are equal ,let him pregnent instead of you .?

Godobeyer

Premium Member
This all looks as if the man is always right. Is it not possible for the man to be wrong? If a wife is in disagreement with her husband about something is it always assumed the man is right even if he may be wrong? What recourses are available to women if the husband is in the wrong about something? Are they equal to the recourses of men? Are there even options for her that are acceptable?
of course man maybe wrong , and if he will punish for everything wrong or injustice will be done him by God.
the disagreement is not always mean unsubordonate .
there is options if she did not accept to live with that man , she talk to him , and ask him to respect her , if not she should ask the divorce her .

Enlighten

we are equal in the rights and duty for god and we are all human , but we are not physicaly and psychologically equal

Why not psychologically equal?

sorry for this exemple , and plz Madam ,don't consider it as insult .
if you and your husband are equal ,let him pregnent instead of you .?

Not insulted although almost lost a mouthful of wine out my nostril :p. I think you misunderstand, when we/I say equal.. we have come together as a unit in marriage, of course he cannot become pregant but I cannot produce sperm either. There are of course physical differences but it doesn't make one of us more important than the other, without each other we would be nothing, so we love, honour and respect one and other in every way.

Status
Not open for further replies.