• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muslims, would this stop terrorist attacks from fundamentalists?

serp777

I've heard a theory out there which seems dubious but interesting, and i'm wondering whether or not this would deter terrorist attacks or attacks on military installations or vehicles.

Basically the idea of the theory was to place Qurans all over vehicles and building, so that way in order to attack something or blow someone up, the Islamic terrorist would be destroying hundreds of Qurans via burning, or bullets, or whatever. I mean even allegations that someone burned a Quran in the middle east could potentially get you stoned to death. Do you think this would deter attacks at the very least or would they just ignore the books and attack anyways? I seriously don't know because i've heard that Muslims take Quran destruction very seriously as one of the largest offenses and blasphemies possible.

outhouse

Atheistically
I seriously don't know because i've heard that Muslims take Quran destruction very seriously as one of the largest offenses and blasphemies possible.

Some are very primitive in this fanaticism.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/woman-accused-of-burning-quran-killed-in-kabul-1426794815

Her death wasn't immediate. According to witnesses and footage of the attack uploaded online, a group of angry men beat the woman to death and then threw her body into a dry riverbed. Her body was set on fire as hundreds of people looked on, many of them chanting “Allahu akbar!” or God is great.

serp777

Some are very primitive in this fanaticism.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/woman-accused-of-burning-quran-killed-in-kabul-1426794815

Her death wasn't immediate. According to witnesses and footage of the attack uploaded online, a group of angry men beat the woman to death and then threw her body into a dry riverbed. Her body was set on fire as hundreds of people looked on, many of them chanting “Allahu akbar!” or God is great.

That article is exactly the reason i made this thread actually. So do you think these fundamentalists would shootdown an american plane if it had hundreds of Qur'ans in it? I mean it would be one of the biggest insults to Islam ever to cause the burning and destruction of that many holy books. It might actually be a great technique to damage morale. Each time terrorists decide to attack a target they destroy so many Qur'ans in the process that their own people would probably shun them.

outhouse

Atheistically
That article is exactly the reason i made this thread actually. So do you think these fundamentalists would shootdown an american plane if it had hundreds of Qur'ans in it? I mean it would be one of the biggest insults to Islam ever to cause the burning and destruction of that many holy books. It might actually be a great technique to damage morale. Each time terrorists decide to attack a target they destroy so many Qur'ans in the process that their own people would probably shun them.

I don't expect to be guessing fanaticism with any accuracy. Some probably would, it would not amaze me.

Jedster

I've heard a theory out there which seems dubious but interesting, and i'm wondering whether or not this would deter terrorist attacks or attacks on military installations or vehicles.

Basically the idea of the theory was to place Qurans all over vehicles and building, so that way in order to attack something or blow someone up, the Islamic terrorist would be destroying hundreds of Qurans via burning, or bullets, or whatever. I mean even allegations that someone burned a Quran in the middle east could potentially get you stoned to death. Do you think this would deter attacks at the very least or would they just ignore the books and attack anyways? I seriously don't know because i've heard that Muslims take Quran destruction very seriously as one of the largest offenses and blasphemies possible.

I doubt that it would make much difference to most of these extremists since many of their attacks are against Mosques of different sects. And, of course mosques will contain Qur'ans.

use_your_brain

they don't care whether you put quran or not. they still will attack their opponents.

Deathbydefault

Apistevist Asexual Atheist
I sometimes wonder what those extremists would act like if military torture was allowed here.
Capture some terrorists and never let them die.
Video tape a few hours of footage and put "since you value your God enough to kill our people, we will not be allowing you to meet him" at the end or beginning.
Or both.

use_your_brain

I sometimes wonder what those extremists would act like if military torture was allowed here.
Capture some terrorists and never let them die.
Video tape a few hours of footage and put "since you value your God enough to kill our people, we will not be allowing you to meet him" at the end or beginning.
Or both.
do you not blame the invasion towards islamic countries by your troops?

Deathbydefault

do you not blame the invasion towards islamic countries by your troops?

My post wasn't geared towards a specific topic, that's my bad.
The post was directed towards the extremists that act so brutally, yet childishly, whenever their religion gets talked down on.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member

That is not a question worth answering.

You are in essence asking whether dangerous fanatics may be deterred by presenting them a situation that, to them, is an aggravated form of shielding with hostages.

That can even work, but is ultimately counter-productive by necessity.

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
If they already did the unspeakable breaking of Quranic teachings, would they care about burning Qurans? They will just do it without a second thought and maybe come with excuses later. All they want to do is kill and Quran on front of them won't stop it.

Deathbydefault

war is brutal.

Sounds like an environment I'd be suitable for.
It's not even about the war. Take the cartoons for example.
They threw such a childish temper tantrum because other people didn't follow their rules.
Pathetic. I'd be ashamed to know such people believed the same thing as me.

use_your_brain

Sounds like an environment I'd be suitable for.
It's not even about the war. Take the cartoons for example.
They threw such a childish temper tantrum because other people didn't follow their rules.
Pathetic. I'd be ashamed to know such people believed the same thing as me.
it is a global war. cartoon is only an igniter.

Deathbydefault

it is a global war. cartoon is only an igniter.

Global war?
Maybe the health of the innocents and wronged within Islamic nations is a world issue.
I don't see it as a global war, and I can easily point you into the directions of countries who could end the war in a day or less.
The reason they don't is likely humanism, forced or found.

I would, innocents don't concern me.
Things that are detrimental to society, or our race as a whole, should be removed.

use_your_brain

Global war?
Maybe the health of the innocents and wronged within Islamic nations is a world issue.
I don't see it as a global war, and I can easily point you into the directions of countries who could end the war in a day or less.
The reason they don't is likely humanism, forced or found.

I would, innocents don't concern me.
Things that are detrimental to society, or our race as a whole, should be removed.

yes it is a global war between the jihadist and the anti jihadist.

Deathbydefault

yes it is a global war between the jihadist and the anti jihadist.

Eh. I guess.
Like I said, I don't care about this war.
It's extremely uninteresting compared to those of the past.

We all have a pretty good idea of how this is going to end.
That wasn't the case of the famous wars in the past,where it could go either way.
This war is boring and pointlessly long.

Last edited: