• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muslims, would this stop terrorist attacks from fundamentalists?

Laika

Premium Member
I've heard a theory out there which seems dubious but interesting, and i'm wondering whether or not this would deter terrorist attacks or attacks on military installations or vehicles.

Basically the idea of the theory was to place Qurans all over vehicles and building, so that way in order to attack something or blow someone up, the Islamic terrorist would be destroying hundreds of Qurans via burning, or bullets, or whatever. I mean even allegations that someone burned a Quran in the middle east could potentially get you stoned to death. Do you think this would deter attacks at the very least or would they just ignore the books and attack anyways? I seriously don't know because i've heard that Muslims take Quran destruction very seriously as one of the largest offenses and blasphemies possible.

I love the idea, but for none of the right reasons. :D this is sort of like a jihadi saying that if they walked around wearing the stars and stripes Americans won't shoot them. I think the Americans in Bagdad were more into armour plating as the laws of physics are a little more predictable. if they were to read a Qur'an rather than using it as a some sort of shield, it might be more useful.

I've heard a theory out there which seems dubious but interesting, and i'm wondering whether or not this would deter terrorist attacks or attacks on military installations or vehicles.

Basically the idea of the theory was to place Qurans all over vehicles and building, so that way in order to attack something or blow someone up, the Islamic terrorist would be destroying hundreds of Qurans via burning, or bullets, or whatever. I mean even allegations that someone burned a Quran in the middle east could potentially get you stoned to death. Do you think this would deter attacks at the very least or would they just ignore the books and attack anyways? I seriously don't know because i've heard that Muslims take Quran destruction very seriously as one of the largest offenses and blasphemies possible.

Most of them probably don't care all that much. As people have noted, they destroy Qurans all the time when they attack "heretical" Muslims.

Even if they did care about being 'religiously correct', it still causes no problems anyway:

"One who previously engaged in jihad knows that it is naught but violence, crudeness, terrorism, frightening (others), and massacring—I am talking about jihad and fighting, not about Islam and one should not confuse them... Thus, the Companions (may God be pleased with them) understood the matter of violence and they were the best of those who understood this after the prophets. Even the Friend (Abu Bakr) and Ali b. Abi Talib (may God be pleased with them) burned (people) with fire, even though it is odious, because they knew the effect of rough violence in times of need...We are now in circumstances resembling the circumstances after the death of the Messenger (peace and blessings be upon him) and the outbreak of apostasy or the like of that which the believers faced in the beginning of the jihad. Thus, we need to massacre (others) and (to take) actions like those that were undertaken against the Banu Qurayza and their like. But if God should give us power and we take control and justice spreads, how tender the people of faith will be at that time and they will say to the people: "Go, for you are free." [from the jihadi text] The management of savagery

Basically their 'scholars' have created rulings that basically say 'anything is permissible' as they are fighting for the very survival of their religion, so it is acceptable to transgress the laws of the Sharia if it helps defeat the infidels. Sort of a 'lesser of 2 evils' logic.

wizanda

One Accepts All Religious Texts
Premium Member
Muslims take Quran destruction very seriously
10838246_10152874268073001_2951541258698953360_o.jpg CJgZwP0WgAAXZEq.jpg large.jpg
It would help if they were even Muslim terrorists. :rolleyes:

It would help if they were even Muslim terrorists. :rolleyes:

It's not difficult to find people willing to believe the most fantastical nonsense these days. All it takes is a bit of low quality photoshopping and it is proof that there is a giant conspiracy going on.

Strange that "US Army Tattoo ISIS man" didn't appear to have a US Army tattoo when his picture appeared alongside countless news stories. This is the bottom left picture of the montage.

iraq-isis-black-fl_2940710b.jpg

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...willing-to-work-with-US-over-Iraq-crisis.html

To believe that ISIS is the US army requires you to believe in a conspiracy involving probably hundreds of thousands of people if you include friends and family members of those involved. This conspiracy is so well organised that these hundreds of thousands of people have all managed to keep in character and not let the cat out of the bag.

Despite being the best organised and orchestrated operation in the history of the world, they managed to select someone with visible US Army tattoos and contrived to photograph him many times with the tattoo visible and publish these images.

It is possible to have bad people in this world who are not Western politicians. People who aren't rich, white, Christians of European descent can be evil too.

Jumi

do you not blame the invasion towards islamic countries by your troops?
Are you saying attacking random civilians is a legitimate response? All it does is help the people who would "invade islamic countries". And what about Islamic countries invading other countries? Do you think they should still have a right to such a "legitimate" response?

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Are you saying attacking random civilians is a legitimate response? All it does is help the people who would "invade islamic countries". And what about Islamic countries invading other countries? Do you think they should still have a right to such a "legitimate" response?
This is not about legitimate responses for any side.

People just don't think that way in conflicts involving firearms and bombs.

use_your_brain

You must mean Russian air force, right?

use_your_brain

It's not difficult to find people willing to believe the most fantastical nonsense these days. All it takes is a bit of low quality photoshopping and it is proof that there is a giant conspiracy going on.

Strange that "US Army Tattoo ISIS man" didn't appear to have a US Army tattoo when his picture appeared alongside countless news stories. This is the bottom left picture of the montage.

iraq-isis-black-fl_2940710b.jpg

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...willing-to-work-with-US-over-Iraq-crisis.html

To believe that ISIS is the US army requires you to believe in a conspiracy involving probably hundreds of thousands of people if you include friends and family members of those involved. This conspiracy is so well organised that these hundreds of thousands of people have all managed to keep in character and not let the cat out of the bag.

Despite being the best organised and orchestrated operation in the history of the world, they managed to select someone with visible US Army tattoos and contrived to photograph him many times with the tattoo visible and publish these images.

It is possible to have bad people in this world who are not Western politicians. People who aren't rich, white, Christians of European descent can be evil too.
perhaps some of them were ex US armies.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Some of them probably were trained by the US back in Iraq a few years ago. But to extrapolate that like that is just irresponsible, IMO.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
regardless who really they are, the fact they fight with US and the allies.
I truly wish I knew what you mean by that. I do not.

I am willing to guess it relates somehow to the complicated, even contradictory alliances that exist these days in much of the Middle East, particularly in Syria?

use_your_brain

I truly wish I knew what you mean by that. I do not.

I am willing to guess it relates somehow to the complicated, even contradictory alliances that exist these days in much of the Middle East, particularly in Syria?
correct, the recent Middle East conflict is so complicated.

wizanda

One Accepts All Religious Texts
Premium Member
I wish you went all the way with this, because I think you are encouraging fairly serious misconceptions.
All many know is the whole thing doesn't add up....So unfortunately people are all left guessing, as our media, and governments can't be trusted. :oops: