• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

My Coffee is soooo Strong!

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
My coffee is so strong that both China and the USA have approached me asking if they can use my coffee to deal with the North Korean Problem

I lived in China for nine years and Chinese could never produce good coffee nor in reality liked coffee. The drank a lot Nestle's Instant Coffee, because it was fashionably Western. In reality the Nestle's was really terrible coffee, McDonald's in China served reasonable coffee if you could get them to make a fresh pot. The Western hotels served good coffee at $5 to $10 a cup.

Brickjectivity

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I lived in China for nine years and Chinese could never produce good coffee nor in reality liked coffee. The drank a lot Nestle's Instant Coffee, because it was fashionably Western. In reality the Nestle's was really terrible coffee, McDonald's in China served reasonable coffee if you could get them to make a fresh pot. The Western hotels served good coffee at $5 to $10 a cup.
In China you can get real green tea. You can't get it here. (Blame Obama or Trump, your choice.) Anyway, with real green tea you can survive without real coffee -- if you are into that sort of thing. You cannot get real green tea here.

But it doesn't matter, because my coffee is so strong.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson

Never had a good cup of coffee in China, not even McDonalds or Papa Johns. But at least Starbucks was the same as it is here...horrible. The best coffee I got in China was a Latte at Papa Johns.... it was a horrible Latte, but a good cup of coffee, but I was not there 9 years and it was 10 years ago

Wu Wei

My coffee is so strong that it was banned by the Treaty on the Non-Proliferation of Nuclear Weapons

Brickjectivity

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Never had a good cup of coffee in China, not even McDonalds or Papa Johns. But at least Starbucks was the same as it is here...horrible. The best coffee I got in China was a Latte at Papa Johns.... it was a horrible Latte, but a good cup of coffee, but I was not there 9 years and it was 10 years ago
I totes suck, so I haven't been to China. I don't want to embarrass the other Americans. Anyway I have a sneaky suspicion that green tea cannot cross the China border. I think it magically turns brown if you take it across.

Wu Wei

I totes suck, so I haven't been to China. I don't want to embarrass the other Americans. Anyway I have a sneaky suspicion that green tea cannot cross the China border. I think it magically turns brown if you take it across.

NAH, I have enough green tea...and other type of tea.... in my house from China to start my own tea shop. It seems to be the thing all my relatives send me or bring to me when they come here. I will say I thought I knew a lot about tea when I went to China but my sister-in-law set me straight pretty darn quick.... I know NOTHING compared to her... and she does not consider herself a Chinese tea expert.... she is an interior decorator

Brickjectivity

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
NAH, I have enough green tea...and other type of tea.... in my house from China to start my own tea shop. It seems to be the thing all my relatives send me or bring to me when they come here. I will say I thought I knew a lot about tea when I went to China but my sister-in-law set me straight pretty darn quick.... I know NOTHING compared to her... and she does not consider herself a Chinese tea expert.... she is an interior decorator
There is a moment in a man's life when he realizes that being culturally knowledgeable is next to impossible. To be so knowledgeable would be pretty cool, but it would be a full time job.

Wu Wei

There is a moment in a man's life when he realizes that being culturally knowledgeable is next to impossible. To be so knowledgeable would be pretty cool, but it would be a full time job.

It was then I realized I knew more than the average bear...but considerably less that the average Chinese mainlander

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member

I lived in China nine years so I could get around and get connected. I even had a restaurant in Kunming for two years. It died as a result of the 9/11 terrorist disaster. Tourism in China shut down for 6 month's. A Chinese friend of mine who traveled to Viet Nam a lot used to bring me Vietnamese French Roast, which was good coffee.

The problem when I lived in China is places like Papa John's and McDonald's is they did not keep making fresh coffee, and it often sat for along time, because they did not sell a lot. A little coaxing and they would make a fresh pot. In McDonald's the coffee is standardized world wide, not the best but if Fresh is is ok.

Excellent teas are indeed available worldwide. Actually in North China they do not drink a lot of tea.

Brickjectivity

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I lived in China nine years so I could get around and get connected. I even had a restaurant in Kunming for two years. It died as a result of the 9/11 terrorist disaster. Tourism in China shut down for 6 month's. A Chinese friend of mine who traveled to Viet Nam a lot used to bring me Vietnamese French Roast, which was good coffee.

The problem when I lived in China is places like Papa John's and McDonald's is they did not keep making fresh coffee, and it often sat for along time, because they did not sell a lot. A little coaxing and they would make a fresh pot. In McDonald's the coffee is standardized world wide, not the best but if Fresh is is ok.

Excellent teas are indeed available worldwide. Actually in North China they do not drink a lot of tea.
The secret is to put the new coffee into an air-tight carafe. New coffee has oils that react to air, so to keep it fresh longer means keeping it away from air. If you can prevent any interaction with air then your coffee might stay fresh indefinitely. If you use a thermos, fill it. Oxygen must not be permitted to corrode the flavor of your nice, nice coffee.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
The secret is to put the new coffee into an air-tight carafe. New coffee has oils that react to air, so to keep it fresh longer means keeping it away from air. If you can prevent any interaction with air then your coffee might stay fresh indefinitely. If you use a thermos, fill it. Oxygen must not be permitted to corrode the flavor of your nice, nice coffee.

Good suggestions. Coffee does not stay around long enough at my house to corrode or other wise go bad.

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
In China you can get real green tea. You can't get it here. (Blame Obama or Trump, your choice.) Anyway, with real green tea you can survive without real coffee -- if you are into that sort of thing. You cannot get real green tea here.

But it doesn't matter, because my coffee is so strong.
Real green tea is the best. I also like Japanese brown rice tea. MMmmm, washed leaf juice, washed grain juice. Way better than bitter bean juice.

Wu Wei

I spent time in Beijing and they were drinking an awful lot of tea, but they tended to put leaves in the cup and just keep adding water all day to the same leaves. But this was a while after 9/11. As to coffee, apparently I was lucky and got a fresh Latte at Papa Johns. I should also say the only reason I went to McDonalds and Papa Johns, was for coffee. I did not go there for food. I tended to eat only in Chinese restaurants while I was there. My wife did get me to go to McDonalds once, because she missed the chicken there since she believes the chicken in this country is not so good, and not crunchy enough I tried a piece of the Chicken she got and it was rather crunchy and INCREDIBLY spicy. That one bite of Chicken was the only American food I had when I was there.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
as you look things up......check the shelf life of your typical dark blend

I have a container about 1/2yr old

I am tempted to see how strong my coffee would be if I use it

Thief

Rogue Theologian
this morning......a coworker who has been exposed to my coffee.....
last year

I pointed at his cup and said......
That's not coffee.....I'll make some for you.

He said......NO YOU WON'T!!!!!
and quickly walked away

Brickjectivity

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
this morning......a coworker who has been exposed to my coffee.....
last year

I pointed at his cup and said......
That's not coffee.....I'll make some for you.

He said......NO YOU WON'T!!!!!
and quickly walked away
Some people only want to look like they're drinking coffee, because they think it makes them look cool in front of the boss.