• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"My God, My God, Why Has Thou Forsaken Me?

Forever-C-King

When we sin, we distance ourselves from God. Christ had the perfect juxtaposition of contrast in his moments from the Garden to the Cross where, unlike the rest of His perfect life, he walked without His Father and the Holy Ghost. An angel was able to physically comfort him for a while, but the the more important inner wellbeing was racked with a torment one might liken to an addict having withdrawals (not in magnitude of course - and yes I am saying that Christ was addicted to His Father's love). To descend below any pain, sickness, sins etc. Christ couldn't perform the atonement with the Father present. It would have given Him strength that we don't enjoy when we are willfully sinning, experiencing the ailments of an imperfect body and/or feeling the repercussions from the unrighteous choices of others.
Our Lord and Saviour knows us in every moment because he walked a mile in our imperfect shoes, taking upon him our sins and persevering until the end.

So why did God forsake him? He had to sink to the dark depths of Dante for His sacrifice to be infinite for all who call on His name in faith.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
I have a story about this. I was once a counsellor for the Billy Graham crusade in Boston. I was on a bus in company with Assembly of God churchgoers when I received a vision of a great hand reaching down and placing a giant cross on the football field where those who would come forward for salvation would be gathered. I told the churchgoers that Billy Graham would preach about the cross and there would be a great number saved that day. It turned out just that way. It was the only day of the week that he preached on the cross and more people came forward for salvation that day than any other day he preached.

You have confused head nodding with salvation.

The parables are the saving grace.
Without them, He will not be able to see His word in you.

No one was saved the day He died.

Your 'story' is at best, just another salvation rant.