• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"My God, My God, Why Has Thou Forsaken Me?

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Thief;

Yes ha... ha.............ha you did not miss my post ...ha.....haaa

The Gospel of Christ = The life of Christ =
The gospel according to Matthew = The life of Christ according to Matthew

Well the gospel does not teach evil, or inmorality, so why are you egainst it, if enyone is naive, that one is not me.
Yes, yes, yes, yes and yes. farthemore I have been given the wisdom and understanding of how the above statements applies to me. thief; We are not all the same, for some have been given not only to believe in Him but also to suffer for His name sake.

And when we stand before God...with our wisdom....
He will ask the angels that brought us....
'What's this!?'

And the angels will stand back...excusing themselves saying.....
'They used your Name as if it belonged to them.
We thought ....they were yours.'

Yeah.... we are different...you and I.

While we cannot be sure of Jesus’ motives for saying this, his words may indicate that Jesus recognized that Jehovah had taken His protection away so that His Son’s integrity could be fully tested. It is also possible that Jesus said this because he wanted to fulfill what Psalm 22:1 foretold regarding him.—Matt. 27:46.

free spirit

While we cannot be sure of Jesus’ motives for saying this, his words may indicate that Jesus recognized that Jehovah had taken His protection away so that His Son’s integrity could be fully tested. It is also possible that Jesus said this because he wanted to fulfill what Psalm 22:1 foretold regarding him.—Matt. 27:46.

Simple truth brilliantly told

jtartar

What happened, that made Christ call out on the cross? Evidently, Christ had tried to 'give up His life', and nothing happened, and yet, The Father had 'commanded' that Jesus had this power.

The ministers of the Protestant churches that I attended, believe that The Father could not handle the sins of the world that Jesus took upon Himself, and thus 'turned away' for a moment.

Is it possible, that Jesus thought that His work was finished, but it was not? Was satan given one last chance to 'tempt' Jesus? If Jesus would have 'cursed' The Father, would all of His work be for nothing? Is it possible, that Jesus had to prove, that under the most fearful conditions, that He could 'remain worthy until the end', as required of all Christians? Jesus faced the possibility of having His legs broken, if He remained on the cross. We see in Job, that satan could tempt Job in any way, but was not allowed to break a single bone. In the case of Christ, Christ must have been in terrible fear and confusion, and yet, He assumed nothing. He did the correct thing. He asked His Father.

Thorwald Johansen,
It is ture that Jesus said the words; My God, My God, why have you forsaken me??
There is something more to think about.
Jesus was actually asking God, just why are you forsaking me?? Jesus knew that it was because if God did not leave Jesus, he would NEVER be able to die, which Jesus had to do to provide the Ransom Sacrifice to deliver all mankind who would put there trust and faith in him, the ONLY way to salvation, Rom 3:22-24, Gal 2:16, Eph 1:7.
Jesus came to earth to fulfill all the things said about him in the Hebrew Scriptures, Matt 5:17-19, Luke 24:44,45. One of the things that Jesus said just before he died was; It has been accomplished!!, John 19:30
All who want to live in the Paradise that God purposes for this earth, MUST learn His requirements for us, and find that ONE RELIGION that God is blessing today, Eph 4:3-6, 1Pet 4:3-5, Acts 15:14,17.

free spirit

Thorwald Johansen,
It is ture that Jesus said the words; My God, My God, why have you forsaken me??
There is something more to think about.
Jesus was actually asking God, just why are you forsaking me?? Jesus knew that it was because if God did not leave Jesus, he would NEVER be able to die, which Jesus had to do to provide the Ransom Sacrifice to deliver all mankind who would put there trust and faith in him, the ONLY way to salvation, Rom 3:22-24, Gal 2:16, Eph 1:7.
Jesus came to earth to fulfill all the things said about him in the Hebrew Scriptures, Matt 5:17-19, Luke 24:44,45. One of the things that Jesus said just before he died was; It has been accomplished!!, John 19:30
All who want to live in the Paradise that God purposes for this earth, MUST learn His requirements for us, and find that ONE RELIGION that God is blessing today, Eph 4:3-6, 1Pet 4:3-5, Acts 15:14,17.

Your knowledge needs a litle help the following is part of an article included in my book "The way God told it"

(we all should ask ourselves, why Jesus had to pay for our sins with His life? The answer is found in Matthew 5:17, for Jesus said, “Do not think that I came to abolish the law or the Prophets; I did not come to abolish, but to fulfil.”
We know that all the prophecies that were written about Him in the Old Testament were fulfilled as His life unfolded. But how could Jesus fulfil the law? I believe that in order to fulfil the law He had to die sinless. For we read in Hebrews 9:27: “And inasmuch as it is appointed for men to die once and after this comes judgment.” It stands to reason that only after death can the judgement be final, because only then men can no longer sin.
We know that Adam could not keep one simple law (Genesis 2:17) and as a consequence mankind had to die. But Jesus, a type of Adam, kept all of the law, despite the temptation within Himself to escape death, as well as the temptation to respond to those who inflicted on Him excruciating pain and verbal abuses. Yet in all that agonising time He did not utter one single complaint or accusing word, but blessed them by forgiving them. Because of that He fulfilled the law (or accomplished God’s will). In consequence He reversed what Adam did, therefore now the entire human race has justification of life.)

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Your knowledge needs a litle help the following is part of an article included in my book "The way God told it"

(we all should ask ourselves, why Jesus had to pay for our sins with His life? The answer is found in Matthew 5:17, for Jesus said, “Do not think that I came to abolish the law or the Prophets; I did not come to abolish, but to fulfil.”

Old law....an eye for an eye...Moses
It is retroactive...waiting for the sin....
New law...do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
proactive...you first.

We know that all the prophecies that were written about Him in the Old Testament were fulfilled as His life unfolded. But how could Jesus fulfil the law? I believe that in order to fulfil the law He had to die sinless. For we read in Hebrews 9:27: “And inasmuch as it is appointed for men to die once and after this comes judgment.” It stands to reason that only after death can the judgement be final, because only then men can no longer sin.

All men die...always did.
The above passage is fair warning.
You die and then you are judged.
Your body dies once...then it will be determined whether you walk with grace or not.

We know that Adam could not keep one simple law (Genesis 2:17) and as a consequence mankind had to die. (false)But Jesus, a type of Adam, kept all of the law, despite the temptation within Himself to escape death, as well as the temptation to respond to those who inflicted on Him excruciating pain and verbal abuses. Yet in all that agonising time He did not utter one single complaint or accusing word, but blessed them by forgiving them. Because of that He fulfilled the law (or accomplished God’s will). In consequence He reversed what Adam did, therefore now the entire human race has justification of life.)

It's not about justification....
It's about ability.

Eternal life is bestowed unto those who walk in grace.
Grace means to 'allow'...which should not be confused with... 'forgive'.

Your handiwork here...eludes to believe Genesis...as written.

It also eludes to gospels in literal form.
However....scapegoating does not work.

If you sin and die that way....judgment follows.
Your sins are your own.

Last edited:

InvestigateTruth

Veteran Member
What happened, that made Christ call out on the cross?

In the Baha'i Scriptures it is described this way:

"...they hanged Him on the cross, where He cried out, ‘O My beloved Lord, how long wilt Thou abandon Me to them? Lift Me up unto Thee, shelter Me close to Thee, make Me a dwelling by Thy throne of glory. Verily art Thou the Answerer of prayers, and Thou art the Clement, the Merciful. O My Lord! Verily this world with all its vastness can no longer contain Me, and I love this cross, out of love for Thy beauty, and yearning for Thy realm on high, and because of this fire, fanned by the gusts of Thy holiness, aflame within My heart. Help me, O Lord, to ascend unto Thee, sustain Me that I may reach unto Thy sacred Threshold, O My loving Lord! Verily Thou art the Merciful, the Possessor of great bounty! Verily Thou art the Generous! Verily Thou art the Compassionate! Verily Thou art the All-Knowing! There is none other God save Thee, the Mighty, the Powerful!’" Selections From the Writings of Abdulbaha

Thief

Rogue Theologian

"...they hanged Him on the cross, where He cried out, ‘O My beloved Lord, how long wilt Thou abandon Me to them? Lift Me up unto Thee, shelter Me close to Thee, make Me a dwelling by Thy throne of glory. Verily art Thou the Answerer of prayers, and Thou art the Clement, the Merciful. O My Lord! Verily this world with all its vastness can no longer contain Me, and I love this cross, out of love for Thy beauty, and yearning for Thy realm on high, and because of this fire, fanned by the gusts of Thy holiness, aflame within My heart. Help me, O Lord, to ascend unto Thee, sustain Me that I may reach unto Thy sacred Threshold, O My loving Lord! Verily Thou art the Merciful, the Possessor of great bounty! Verily Thou art the Generous! Verily Thou art the Compassionate! Verily Thou art the All-Knowing! There is none other God save Thee, the Mighty, the Powerful!’" Selections From the Writings of Abdulbaha

So Abdulbahar was witness to the quote he made?....
and the Carpenter actually said all of this quote as He died?

Or is it Abdulbahar....speaking?...as he hangs upon a cross?

Last edited:

InvestigateTruth

Veteran Member
So Abdulbahar was witness to the quote he made?....
and the Carpenter actually said all of this quote as He died?

Or is it Abdulbahar....speaking?...as he hangs upon a cross?

The quote describing Jesus on the cross. well, the Baha'is ‘believe’ that the Baha'i scriptures are inspired by God and they are infallible. Now, since, the Baha'i scriptures are the most recent scriptures and written, signed and sealed by the Prophet founder of the Baha'i faith, then there was no way they could be changed.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
The quote describing Jesus on the cross. well, the Baha'is ‘believe’ that the Baha'i scriptures are inspired by God and they are infallible. Now, since, the Baha'i scriptures are the most recent scriptures and written, signed and sealed by the Prophet founder of the Baha'i faith, then there was no way they could be changed.

I find the quote extensive...and the expression unlikely.

You can call it infallible if you like.

Thief

Rogue Theologian

Almost all of this is unlikely.
He may have said ...'why have you forsaken me'....
and He may have pleaded for His accusers...
'forgive them...they know not what they do'...

But I think a Man in His condition and pending demise would not be inclined
to a rant of praise.

InvestigateTruth

Veteran Member
I think where in the Bible says; 'why have you forsaken me'....

that goes with: "O My beloved Lord, how long wilt Thou abandon Me to them? Lift Me up unto Thee, shelter Me close to Thee, make Me a dwelling by Thy throne of glory. "

In another words, Jesus was impatiently wishing to be united with Father.

And I believe He also said these as well:

Jesus was on the cross alive for several hours, so, I think It is likely that He really could have said a lot of things on the cross.

But I think a Man in His condition and pending demise would not be inclined to a rant of praise.

I think, for Manifestations of God, it's different. They could be in the most difficult conditions, but still thankful to God and praise.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
I think where in the Bible says; 'why have you forsaken me'....

that goes with: "O My beloved Lord, how long wilt Thou abandon Me to them? Lift Me up unto Thee, shelter Me close to Thee, make Me a dwelling by Thy throne of glory. "

In another words, Jesus was impatiently wishing to be united with Father.

And I believe He also said these as well:

Jesus was on the cross alive for several hours, so, I think It is likely that He really could have said a lot of things on the cross.

I think, for Manifestations of God, it's different. They could be in the most difficult conditions, but still thankful to God and praise.

None of the gospels I have at hand report as you say.

At most...the title quote is reported in two of the gospels.
Some words are spoken to His mother in one gospel.
He speaks to a thief...in another.

Nothing more.

idea

Question Everything
Jesus knew the scriptures well, he was in fact quoting the words of his great-great-great grandfather who described in detail what Jesus would do and say years before the event...

(Old Testament | Psalms22:1)
1MY God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?

free spirit

It's not about justification....
It's about ability.

Eternal life is bestowed unto those who walk in grace.
Grace means to 'allow'...which should not be confused with... 'forgive'.

Your handiwork here...eludes to believe Genesis...as written.

It also eludes to gospels in literal form.
However....scapegoating does not work.

If you sin and die that way....judgment follows.
Your sins are your own.

Please do not answer my posts.
You are so out of tune with God, I can only hope and say "REPENT"

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Please do not answer my posts.
You are so out of tune with God, I can only hope and say "REPENT"

yeah well.....
if your not up for the retort.....

And your accusation of being 'out of tune' is shallow.

Why not start a topic thread on repentance.....?

free spirit

yeah well.....
if your not up for the retort.....

And your accusation of being 'out of tune' is shallow.

Why not start a topic thread on repentance.....?

I know what repentance is, so if you start the topic I will enter it to put you right. Thats a promise.