• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

My personal encounter with Jesus

BenTheBeliever

Its not a church. Its just a safe place for people to post.
I also have a few other groups I created. One group is for Christians that deal with addictions are in their life no matter what they are. There are a few handicap right groups, a few health groups and one group made for talking about comic stuff and scary stuff. I even have a proboard made of that same name

BenTheBeliever

I can see what we say goes right over your head. The problem is with your head, not what we say.

No the problem is with you guys assuming people are mentally ill cause they have a personally relationship with Christ and the holy spirit. I forgive you though.

Demonslayer

No the problem is with you guys assuming people are mentally ill cause they have a personally relationship with Christ

No. Again, only those who claim to hear voices, see visions...or like one guy I saw posting a few weeks back...had a vivid dream about flying around in space that he was convinced was reality.

You can have your "personal" relationship with a dead guy you've never met if you want. But if you start claiming to hear God's voice directly in your head, you ought to expect most people to fear that you are experiencing some sort of abnormal mental event.

Demonslayer

I have it on there for any Christians that are on here that are on facebook that want a group to go hang out at.

I get it, it's all good my friend. I just thought I was missing something...like you wanted me to read something on there based on this conversation.

BenTheBeliever

No. Again, only those who claim to hear voices, see visions...or like one guy I saw posting a few weeks back...had a vivid dream about flying around in space that he was convinced was reality.

You can have your "personal" relationship with a dead guy you've never met if you want. But if you start claiming to hear God's voice directly in your head, you ought to expect most people to fear that you are experiencing some sort of abnormal mental event.

Here's the thing I stop caring about what others though a long time back.

ArtieE

No the problem is with you guys assuming people are mentally ill cause they have a personally relationship with Christ and the holy spirit. I forgive you though.
My personal relationships are with living people not with people who have been dead for 2000 years. ;)

BenTheBeliever

My personal relationships are with living people not with people who have been dead for 2000 years.

to each his own. my wife and I both have a strong personally one on one relationship with Christ. we don't force our Faith on anyone. in fact we are both even Democrats and strongly believe in equal rights for all.

Demonslayer

Here's the thing I stop caring about what others though a long time back.

Good for you, what else can you do? If you're going to claim to hear God's voice, people are going to deny it of course. You're smart not to let it bother you when people give you guff about it.

I'm honestly not trying to rain on your parade. It's just when I hear people who 1) report serious problems like depression, anxiety, or suicidal thought and then 2) also report hearing voices...I simply can't be encouraging of it, no matter what the person believes.

BenTheBeliever

Good for you, what else can you do? If you're going to claim to hear God's voice, people are going to deny it of course. You're smart not to let it bother you when people give you guff about it.

I'm honestly not trying to rain on your parade. It's just when I hear people who 1) report serious problems like depression, anxiety, or suicidal thought and then 2) also report hearing voices...I simply can't be encouraging of it, no matter what the person believes.

personally my depression and anxiety have to do with fibromyalgia and other handicap issues I have had to over come in my 33 years of living. nothing to do with God. in fact God is one of the consent good things in my life besides my wonderful wife

BenTheBeliever

That sucks man, sorry to hear it. I know someone who struggles with fibromyalgia...it's no joke.

Good for you, glad you have her!

Thanks. It's not. I don't even work anymore cause of it. I am just thankful what I have. I don't blame God for any of it. This was what I was handed in life. I learned to deal with it. I believe that illness happen cause of the genes in people's blood line. My mom has depression and anxiety really bad. My sister battles with her own depression. I deal with both like my mom. My grandma had fibro when she was alive. I got it from her. My wife's bi polar is because her parents have their own health issues that a lot like bi polar. Has nothing to do with God. It is just the hand we are dealt with.

The_Fisher_King

Trying to bring myself ever closer to Allah
Premium Member
General advice: If people start talking about hearing God speaking to them take the appropriate action and get them help or their next victim could be you.

Not all of us who hear voices, whether (what we claim to be) the Voices of God or other voices, cause either ourselves or other people harm.