• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Negatives In Christianity?

connermt

I'm not a Christian, but even standing on the sidelines the big negative I see to being a Christian is having to explain yourself over and over again to a lot of disturbed people who ask a bunch of loaded questions and then ignore the answers.

Why do they feel the need to answer the questions, if they are "loaded"?

connermt

Huh. The real question is: "Why do they feel the need to pose loaded questions?"

Well done sir. You answered a question about negativity by being negative. You're one to watch....:yes:
Though you still didn't answer the question. Oh well, thanks for the feedback anyway

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
I'm not a Christian, but even standing on the sidelines the big negative I see to being a Christian is having to explain yourself over and over again to a lot of disturbed people who ask a bunch of loaded questions and then ignore the answers.

And the people said, "Amen!"

Life isn't perfect. And most christians don't claim to be perfect themselves (though that doesn't negate the fact that some have a holier than thou attitude). So surely, there's some negatives in the choosen christian lifestyle.
What are these negatives you experience after haven chosen the christian lifestyle?
If there are none, then is this lifestyle perfect?

The only negatives I have found to being a Christian are explaining to people I am not insane, I am not a weak willed person who needs a crutch to get through life and I am not afraid of dying, apart from that the greatest thing in my life is my Faith.

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
Well done sir. You answered a question about negativity by being negative. You're one to watch....:yes:
Though you still didn't answer the question. Oh well, thanks for the feedback anyway
No, I simply answered a question by posing another question, thus rerouting a veiled accusation of emotional dysfunction to a question that more honestly ferrets out the issue here. You're the one who labeled it as "negative." :facepalm:

Thanks for watching.

idav

Being
Premium Member
Life isn't perfect. And most christians don't claim to be perfect themselves (though that doesn't negate the fact that some have a holier than thou attitude). So surely, there's some negatives in the choosen christian lifestyle.
What are these negatives you experience after haven chosen the christian lifestyle?
If there are none, then is this lifestyle perfect?
If one is really strict about their religion they could be missing out on a sinful life. Some might find that to be a negative just depends.

connermt

No, I simply answered a question by posing another question, thus rerouting a veiled accusation of emotional dysfunction to a question that more honestly ferrets out the issue here. You're the one who labeled it as "negative." :facepalm:

Thanks for watching.
Nice try but...no.
And you have yet to answer the question
Make statements and when asked for clarification, you can't provide any.
Your response (and lock of) says enough
Like I said, you are one to watch.

connermt

What makes you think I was talking about you?

Never said you were. :facepalm:
Just asked you a question.:p
Another good try but y'all are gonna' have to try better than that. :yes:

Yet another inadvertent, telling response to the point. Thanks!

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
No need for you to continue - you proved the points. Thanks again

Sorry, you don't get to decide who does and doesn't post in your threads. As soon as you create them, they belong to the site.

But I fully agree: I have proven my points.

Thanks again. :)

Kathryn

So then it appears that positives/negatives are as unique as personal tastes....?
It's all about perception?

I think I will go have an indepth conversation with my dogs about how to boil crawfish. This would be a better use of my time than trying to wallow around with this topic with you.

My dogs surely won't understand me, but neither will you - and at least my dogs will appreciate my attention more.

sojourner

You said certain activities can be dangerous. I asked how so - how can they be dangerous?
Becoming vulnerable is dangerous because it leaves you unprotected.
Giving yourself away is dangerous because it can leave you bereft.

bigbadgirl

The main negative thing I see about Christians is that they do not follow the teachings or philosophy of Jesus. I was one at one time. How many Christians turn the other cheek? How many abide by the golden rule, especially when it concerns those of another belief? How many rich people claim to be Christian, yet will not give up their wealth to enter into the kingdom?

Thou shalt not kill; and whosoever shall kill shall be
in danger of judgment:

How many soldiers who claim to be Christian violate this teaching?

And if any man will sue thee, and take away thy
coat, let him have thy cloak also.
And whosoever shall compel thee to go a mile, go
with him twain.
Give to him that asketh thee, and from him that
would borrow of thee turn not thou away.

The teachings that Christians forgot. Or maybe they simply do not like them.

sojourner

The main negative thing I see about Christians is that they do not follow the teachings or philosophy of Jesus. I was one at one time. How many Christians turn the other cheek? How many abide by the golden rule, especially when it concerns those of another belief? How many rich people claim to be Christian, yet will not give up their wealth to enter into the kingdom?

in danger of judgment:

with him twain.

The OP wasn't about "negative things about Christians," it was about "negative things about being a Christian."

If you possessed and exegetical understanding of the texts you're referencing, you'd take back your post...

Kathryn

in danger of judgment:

with him twain.

This thread's question is directed at Christians.

connermt

I think I will go have an indepth conversation with my dogs about how to boil crawfish. This would be a better use of my time than trying to wallow around with this topic with you.

My dogs surely won't understand me, but neither will you - and at least my dogs will appreciate my attention more.
And yet, here you are, spouting insulting christian words instead of doing what you just said you should do
Seems very hypocritical.....:slap: