• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New Frubal?

Would you like this new frubal?

• Yes! Add a prayer/well wishes frubal.

Votes: 14 41.2%
  • No, we have enough as it is.

Votes: 7 20.6%
  • Let's trade the angry frubal for the prayer/well wishes frubal.

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • Other

Votes: 10 29.4%

• Total voters

Eddi

Pantheist Christian
Premium Member
It does seem to water it down. It's like 'happy holidays' instead of 'merry Christmas'. I'm not a fan.
I always say "Merry Christmas" and for me Christmas is a secular thing

Why do you feel that way? I think "best wishes" is more nice and personal as it doesn't involve some third party (God) it sends friendliness from one heart directly to another!

Rival

Diex Aie
Staff member
Premium Member
I always say "Merry Christmas" and for me Christmas is a secular thing

Why do you feel that way? I think "best wishes" is more nice and personal as it doesn't involve some third party (God) it sends friendliness from one heart directly to another!
Well, it's Christmas.

Eddi

Pantheist Christian
Premium Member
It's religious and prayer can also mean something to non-religious people. I'm rather tired of the secularisation of everything.
I don't see how sending someone your best wishes is unreligious

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/they/it/neopronouns
Basically hey this makes me smile or go awww or how nice
@Eddi
On the internet a lot of feel good content is described as wholesome. As in this is positive and brings me a sense of wellbeing or just oh this makes me happy. It can also be a way to describe someone as kind hearted and generous.

Edit: look up wholesome memes you might see what im talking about

Eddi

Pantheist Christian
Premium Member
@Eddi
On the internet a lot of feel good content is described as wholesome. As in this is positive and brings me a sense of wellbeing or just oh this makes me happy. It can also be a way to describe someone as kind hearted and generous.
I'd never heard of it before now!

It sounds a bit strange to my ears but I don't dislike it :)

Eddi

Pantheist Christian
Premium Member
The sender would determine the context.
But I'd never send a message that could
possibly construed as a prayer. I'd never
use it.
But that wouldn't be so clear in all cases

You've made hundreds of thousands of posts here so everyone who has been here for a while knows about you

But others are less well known and new users wouldn't know anything about anyone, even you

Eddi

Pantheist Christian
Premium Member
@Eddi

Edit: look up wholesome memes you might see what im talking about
I don't think using something derived from memes would be that much of a good idea

You're young so know about things like that, there are many old farts here who are much more clueless than you, myself included!

I think any new frubal would have to be understandable to everyone

VoidCat

I'd never heard of it before now!

It sounds a bit strange to my ears but I don't dislike it :)
I think it'd be a good way to encourage folk to spread more positivity on the forum to have a happy/wholesome frubal. But like i said some might think we already have friendly so it's redundant. However theres the argument friendly on applies to someone doing friendly gestures and not on positivity on the whole

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
But that wouldn't be so clear in all cases

You've made hundreds of thousands of posts here so everyone who has been here for a while knows about you

But others are less well known and new users wouldn't know anything about anyone, even you
I understand & sympathize.
A secular frubal is best.

VoidCat

I don't think using something derived from memes would be that much of a good idea

You're young so know about things like that, there are many old farts here who are much more clueless than you, myself included!

I think any new frubal would have to be understandable to everyone
Thats why i said happy/wholesome. It could be called happy instead or something. Just mean like i want a frubal that shows hey this is positive and brings a sense of wellbeing a smile to my face etc
I think it'd be a good way to encourage folk to spread more positivity on the forum to have a happy/wholesome frubal. But like i said some might think we already have friendly so it's redundant. However theres the argument friendly on applies to someone doing friend gestures and not on positivity on the whole

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Don't you DARE change the angry Frubal...... if you do I would considered as discriminations against angry folks.... :mad:

Anger is an emotion we all need to deal with, not avoid, suppress, pretend is not there, or sugar coat.... believe me I know.
I'd even support a mauling frubal.