• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

'New party, who dis?' 29-year-old Ocasio-Cortez mocks aging Joe Lieberman

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
But does the lack of personal experience automatically disqualify someone from having an opinion?
No, that's not what I was advocating.
To have experience is an ideal thing.
But it doesn't guarantee success.
Neither does its lack prevent success.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
What race is his colour linked to? He chooses to paint himself orange.
White folk.
"Race" is not a choice; it's just the way one is born.
There's something we can largely agree upon.
But it gets complex when someone like Obama can
choose between black, white, & mixed race.
And Tiger Woods choosing between black & Asian.
Or Harvard calling E Warren its 1st woman "of color".
Sorry but I think this is kind of silly, especially given the context it was used in (e.g. orange "stain") because I imagine that every door knob, wall or counter top Trump touches are covered in orange stains from all that bronzing cream. ;)
The context is the vitriolic application of the insult in a particular post.
Intent matters.
But when I joke about his being orange, it's with friendly mirth.
(I can do that because my yellow color is ridiculous.)

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
White folk.

In that context ... how?

There's something we can largely agree upon.

But it gets complex when someone like Obama can

choose between black, white, & mixed race.

And Tiger Woods choosing between black & Asian.

Or Harvard calling E Warren its 1st woman "of color".

Okay, I follow, but still, none of those people are orange, and nobody is born orange (as far as I know). Orange skin is an aesthetic choice. Just like my putting on mascara or not is an aesthetic choice.

The context is the vitriolic application of the insult in a particular post.

Intent matters.

Aren't we talking about a post where someone referred to Trump as an “orange stain?”

But when I joke about his being orange, it's with friendly mirth.

(I can do that because my yellow color is ridiculous.)
:p

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
In that context ... how?
One doesn't see other races being orange.
Okay, I follow, but still, none of those people are orange, and nobody is born orange (as far as I know). Orange skin is an aesthetic choice. Just like my putting on mascara or not is an aesthetic choice.
Orange is a choice, but is a white folk thing.

About choice...
I don't see it as all that significant.
If being gay were to some extent a choice (as was once thought), I
see that as no reason to reduce the civility & rights they're entitled to.
Religion can easily be argued to be a choice, yet we treat that as
worthy of tolerance.
I'm reminded of a poster who dissed Joan Rivers in part because
she was Jewish. Why make disliking someone be about religion?
Aren't we talking about a post where someone referred to Trump as an “orange stain?”
That could be it....twas so many posts ago.
It was part of a string of angry insulting posts.

TheresOnlyNow

The Mind Is Everything. U R What U Think
Speaking of colleges and universities, they certainly are pro-diversity unless it’s diversity of thought.
Absolutely.
But be careful saying that in certain circles. You could be accused of "suffering" toxic masculinity.
New phrases to sustain and defend the snowflake culture PC virus sufferers hope to manufacturer as the majority of American culture.

TheresOnlyNow

And then with their "cultural appropriation" who knows what to expect.

Hey, if anyone can watch this video for more than 2 minutes, then they're probably a liberal. I heard: bla, bla, bla,bla... Then I tried really hard to listen but felt like I'd rather jump off a bridge. Couldn't do it!

I got as far as her speaking as to when the CA phrase was in greater usage. The latter 80's.
Isn't that telling. Because in mid to late 70's, the programming for the agenda of acceptance of homosexuality and transgender began to show itself in, of all places so as to appear benign in its purpose, TV comedy entertainment programming.
And make no mistake, it was an agenda. In fact big screen and small screen producers followed the blueprint published in a book that appeared , like the phrase CA. in the latter 80's. And for that very purpose:
After the Ball: How America Will Conquer its Fear and Hatred of Gays in the 90s

Now we're going to be charged by the myopic PC kool-aid IV feeding snowflake culture that are so intent on forcing compliance to all things immoral that arise in our culture, but are adamantly opposed to free thought and opinion, especially among the religious or spiritual, that opines to the contrary.

And amazingly enough, it is history repeating itself.
In Communist Russia Marx recognized thought re-education centers being active in their culture.
If you were anti-Communist and of value to the party you were sent to those institutions so as to be made to change your mind. If you were not of value you were simply shot.

We have those now. Only they're called, sensitivity training seminars. Attend or lose your job. Apologize for recognizing that no matter what a male is not a female. And vice versa.
Rather, they are a male or female that have volunteered their bodies to surgical mutilation so as to take on the appearance of the opposite sex. And to consume pharmaceuticals to sustain their mental illusion that is the no longer, due to PC virus, able to be called, gender dysphoria. Of body dysmorphic disorder.

Now there are terms like, "toxic masculinity". Because you're a male with male thoughts and not at all effiminate. That's just wrong.

And cultural appropriation. God what a laugh.
There's a racist that works for TMZ. This Halloween all the employees dressed up in costume. One of TMZ's employees who appears regularly in their in-studio broadcast, a black man named "Van",wore white face.
No one said a word.

A beautiful white woman puts her hair in cornrows and she's attacked for appropriating black culture. Blacks own the rights to braiding.
While native cultures in the America's wore cornrows, braids. But that what? Doesn't count?

We've got these "ists" that have a public platform from which they scream their premeditated intent as representatives of an agenda driven body. Complete and utter fragmentation of the American culture.
And do you notice who their targets are? White, Christian, heterosexuals.

The intention is to make that particular community group enter a closet.
When PC culture intends to introduce a new Fascism into language exchange in America, the underlying intention is to make people first and foremost afraid to think freely.
Because on average people think before they speak.

If the PC Fascist snowflake weaklings are able to cause people to be afraid to speak their minds for fear of reprisal at work or in public, their unfettered deviant actions and racist profiles, will continue to express themselves as the open majority.

TheresOnlyNow

One doesn't see other races being orange.

Orange is a choice, but is a white folk thing.

About choice...
I don't see it as all that significant.
If being gay were to some extent a choice (as was once thought), I
see that as no reason to reduce the civility & rights they're entitled to.
Religion can easily be argued to be a choice, yet we treat that as
worthy of tolerance.
I'm reminded of a poster who dissed Joan Rivers in part because
she was Jewish. Why make disliking someone be about religion?

That could be it....twas so many posts ago.
It was part of a string of angry insulting posts.
When someone cracks on Trump for his spray tan making him orange, you're actually encountering someone who is a racist.
Because they're demeaning someone for the coloration of their skin.

But, anti-Trumpers aren't of high moral standard in the first place so don't be surprised by that. After all, they're committed to these actions because they wanted serial-felon Hillary R. Clinton in office.
That's why the Leftist media types are making up false news about Trump. So they can color him as a serial-criminal using fiction so as to overshadow Hillary's actual Federal offenses. When, if, she runs in 2020, people will think she's pure as snow. And Trump is evil.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
When someone cracks on Trump for his spray tan making him orange, you're actually encountering someone who is a racist.
Because they're demeaning someone for the coloration of their skin.
How so?

It's a colour of skin Trump has chosen. It's akin to me making fun of your hair because you accidentally dyed it green.

What race of people are orange??

But, anti-Trumpers aren't of high moral standard in the first place so don't be surprised by that. After all, they're committed to these actions because they wanted serial-felon Hillary R. Clinton in office.
That's funny. It's even funnier if you think Trump is of high moral standard.

What felonies did Hillarycommit again, and why didn't the Republicans lock her up? Oh right, after multiple investigations they came up with nothing.

That's why the Leftist media types are making up false news about Trump. So they can color him as a serial-criminal using fiction so as to overshadow Hillary's actual Federal offenses. When, if, she runs in 2020, people will think she's pure as snow. And Trump is evil.
What false news?

TheresOnlyNow

How so?

It's a colour of skin Trump has chosen. It's akin to me making fun of your hair because you accidentally dyed it green.

By example?Caucasians.

He's golden compared to BHO and HRC.

What felonies did Hillarycommit again, and why didn't the Republicans lock her up? Oh right, after multiple investigations they came up with nothing.
That's a lie. Why repeat the facts of that due to what you choose to ignore that has been referenced already.

What false news?
iu

Cooky

Veteran Member
What race is his colour linked to? He chooses to paint himself orange. "Race" is not a choice; it's just the way one is born. Sorry but I think this is kind of silly, especially given the context it was used in (e.g. orange "stain") because I imagine that every door knob, wall or counter top Trump touches are covered in orange stains from all that bronzing cream.
So, what you're saying then is that people are not satisfied with the skin product the president uses..?

Watchmen

Premium Member
How so?

What false news?
If someone made fun of a black person because he chose to have dreads.....?????

youknowme

Whatever you want me to be.
Ha, look at those "Conservative" snowflakes getting all bent because someone mocked the Pumpkin-in-Chief.

It is the Trump supporters that actually have "Trump Derangement Syndrome"; just look at the irrationality they have to embrace to keep their lips firmly attached to his behind. If you think mocking Trump for his poor taste is racism then the only thing that you have proven is that you have no clue what racism is.

Cooky

Veteran Member
Ha, look at those "Conservative" snowflakes getting all bent because someone mocked the Pumpkin-in-Chief.

The magnitude of this sort of bigotry and racism is uncalled for. I seriously feel like I need a safe space right now to escape this hatred.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
The magnitude of this sort of bigotry and racism is uncalled for. I seriously feel like I need a safe space right now to escape this hatred.
Isn't it interesting that lefties claim that the other side is the one that bullies.
But the most abuse I've endured is from the left.
Fundies & conservatives treat generally treat me with more tolerance & civility.
Even the ones who think I hate God still have kind words.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Isn't it interesting that lefties claim that the other side is the one that bullies.
But the most abuse I've endured is from the left.
Fundies & conservatives treat generally treat me with more tolerance & civility.
Even the ones who think I hate God still have kind words.

I think both sides have their share of both bullies and nice people.

My idea of a bully is someone who is big, strong, and/or powerful, picking on someone who is weak, vulnerable, and/or powerless. Among other things, it's just not very sporting. As some people might say "Pick on someone your own size." That's what I think whenever I see someone (or a gaggle) go after the "easy meat" while refusing to go after those who would be a greater challenge to overcome. It just seems cowardly more than anything else.

I have much more respect for an individual who shakes his fist at the establishment, as opposed to those who would attack that individual only because they know the establishment will back them.

youknowme

Whatever you want me to be.
Well while people are busy getting boo-boos on their feelings Trump is still hurting American families which his actions.

Btw, Trump is the bully. He is hurting American families to try and pressure Dems to give him what he wants. He separated families at the border and caged children because he wanted to be more horrible than what the families were running from. He thinks hurting people is a means to an end. Not to mention his past treatment of women. Actions speak louder than words.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I think both sides have their share of both bullies and nice people.

My idea of a bully is someone who is big, strong, and/or powerful, picking on someone who is weak, vulnerable, and/or powerless. Among other things, it's just not very sporting. As some people might say "Pick on someone your own size." That's what I think whenever I see someone (or a gaggle) go after the "easy meat" while refusing to go after those who would be a greater challenge to overcome. It just seems cowardly more than anything else.

I have much more respect for an individual who shakes his fist at the establishment, as opposed to those who would attack that individual only because they know the establishment will back them.
Of course, any group can have bullies.
But I see irony in the group with the worst
abusers points their accusing finger at others.

One needn't be big or strong to be a bully.
Anyone with a keyboard can be abusive with impunity.
giphy.gif

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Btw, Trump is the bully. He is hurting American families to try and pressure Dems to give him what he wants.
Another view is that Democrats could stop the hurt any time they want.
They choose to continue allowing "hurting American families".
One cannot blame just the other side in a wrongful fight where
the cost exceeds what's in dispute....a mere $5B or so.
In this case, both sides are destructive.