• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

'New party, who dis?' 29-year-old Ocasio-Cortez mocks aging Joe Lieberman

Cooky

Veteran Member
Well, if you're going to be picky...

The only thing I could add to this list is that we should always steer away from "Dead Heads", also.

IDK, here's Jerry explaining how the wealth sort of does "trickle down"... I think he's right on spot! :)

A quick 1 min. Video:

Last edited by a moderator:

Cooky

Veteran Member
Here's the extended version where Jerry and Bob talk about anti-police protests as well, and how people egg cops on.... interesting and relevant to this day.

TheresOnlyNow

The Mind Is Everything. U R What U Think
Question... Why on earth would anyone ever elect a 29 year old to hold any kind of political influence?

That just seems like the stupidest thing I've ever heard.
I think it would be a good idea providing said 29 year old is qualified and has the intelligence for the job. Unfortunately, that is not the case with Ms. Mocker.
However, the good news is what she is can be unveiled more and more as time passes. And in two years when the next election occurs she can be booted out as easily as she was stupidly elected in.
She's been a lie from the beginning of her campaign. And while this proves she's at least qualified to be on the Democrat ticket, it also proves she's unfit to serve the public she misrepresents with intent while running for the office.
She lied about her origin, her being one of those in the lower income Bronx county so as to appear as a minority from a struggling working class family. When that came out it was only a matter of time before more of her poor character hit the news.

I wonder what's next.
Besides this old news.

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez Lied About Being Too Poor to Afford D.C. Apt
November 14, 2018
Daniel Greenfield

BSM1

What? Me worry?
IDK, here's Jerry explaining how the wealth sort of does "trickle down"... I think he's right on spot! :)

A quick 1 min. Video:

Oops! My bad. I really didn't pay attention to your avatar until just now; and I was really referring to the hardcore followers I have met over the years. Never was a big fan (and, yes, I was around during the time) but after playing a couple of 'Dead' covers I do have more respect for their musicianship.

Jumi

Tis best to have experience in something other than politics before entering it.
After a couple of decades that experience might be an obstacle. Remember the constant foolish ideas about internet regulation that pop up in most countries? As I see it, not all experience is valuable for lawmakers when they aren't brought up to date. And with all the useless things that go into politics, how many of them even care? Recent EU votes showed that the politicians only cared when people wrote the candidates and then shorty revoted the same crap with minor revisions when people thought it was over.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
After a couple of decades that experience might be an obstacle. Remember the constant foolish ideas about internet regulation that pop up in most countries? As I see it, not all experience is valuable for lawmakers when they aren't brought up to date. And with all the useless things that go into politics, how many of them even care? Recent EU votes showed that the politicians only cared when people wrote the candidates and then shorty revoted the same crap with minor revisions when people thought it was over.
Real world experience, particularly executive experience (the kind
needed) is indeed an obstacle. If one is ambitious & successful,
there will naturally be decisions, results, & failures vulnerable to criticism.
This worked against Romney. But Obama had no record of doing anything
where he owned the results, so he was clean as a whistle.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
One of the biggest bankers where I live is an ex-Stalinist activist. One thinks his education perhaps wasn't wasted if he knew how the system worked...
Interesting.
I've never met a banker who was a commie.
And I've known plenty of both.

Jumi

Interesting.
I've never met a banker who was a commie.
And I've known plenty of both.
He isn't a communist now of course, and probably wouldn't admit to it if he wasn't part of a public revolutionary committee at the time he was studying in university.

I'd also assume that, in the US not many current right-wingers would like to admit to having been communists. Seems to be the way to not get elected to have seen that side.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
But that's too hard... It's easier to take money from other hard working people who already have businesses, because those are the "bad" guys.
Aye, too often that is the liberal sentiment.
The illiberal liberal will decry intolerance & hatred on the right,
but then go right ahead to exhibit the same towards business.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
He isn't a communist now of course, and probably wouldn't admit to it if he wasn't part of a public revolutionary committee at the time he was studying in university.

I'd also assume that, in the US not many current right-wingers would like to admit to having been communists. Seems to be the way to not get elected to have seen that side.
Too bad that it's dangerous to admit having evolved one's current
way of thinking from something different. I wonder how many
political careers evaporated when, as a kid, they make the wrong
kind of tweet...one which will haunt them the rest of their lives.

Jumi

Too bad that it's dangerous to admit having evolved one's current
way of thinking from something different. I wonder how many
political careers evaporated when, as a kid, they make the wrong
kind of tweet...one which will haunt them the rest of their lives.
It seems to be so in the US. Here it's more accepted to have "tried" something different or to mix ideas. That's why there's room for so many political parties.