• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

'New party, who dis?' 29-year-old Ocasio-Cortez mocks aging Joe Lieberman

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
If insulting a spray tan is racist to you then there's nothing to be done except maybe continually point out how out of touch people are about racial issues in their desperation to minimize their own privilege. 'I'm a victim too, you see!'
You're still reasoning that making fun of skin color is acceptable.
While you do this for a fellow leftie, if I'd dissed Obama for his
milk chocolate hue, you'd likely be less charitable.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
That is the important question.

It's the purpose of youth to challenge the current order of things. It's the purpose of age to bring hard-learned lessons to the table. She's doing the challenging I want her to do.

I don't agree with her position getting rid of PAYGO but I do on the four other bills she's a co-sponsor for Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

I will also ding her for refusing to provide answers to VoteSmart The Voter's Self Defense System
Aye, all politicians are mixed bags.
It pays to examine them neutrally & objectively.
But once one starts to hate or fancy, judgement suffers.
She'll be one to watch...except when dancing.
(Reminds me of that Seinfeld bit.)

Watchmen

Premium Member
Here's a tip, it's impossible to make racist statements towards your own race.
Democrats don't make racist statements towards white people. But it's well known that republicans make racist statements (unknowingly) towards other races.
False. Of course one can make racist statements against his/her own race.

Watchmen

Premium Member
AOC also quoted an alt-right vigilante masked superhero from Alan Moore’s Watchmen. Pretty sure she didn’t get the nuance of the line.

Jumi

When I was younger, I had plenty of ideas. (Occasionally still get one.)
And it's a good thing that I didn't have the power to implement all of them.
Experience imposes a rather darwinian selection mechanism...weeding
out the bone headed ones. Gawd...the things that we thought as kids.
In the EU we have "old people" who are divorced from modern internet reality deciding laws that will ruin it. It would be best if experts were heard more, instead of lobbyists.

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Hahaha..oh, wait...you're serious! BTW, who do you think invented this technology you talk about?
What technology is it you think I'm talking about? Email? The internet?
Never minding that those two comparatively ancient things in modern technology are both younger than the Trumps and Clintons of the world, I'm talking about leading technological trends, modern data security, adoption into social issues like education, reforming out of date technology like voter booths,the postal service and government secure servers based on current technology.

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
You're still reasoning that making fun of skin color is acceptable.
While you do this for a fellow leftie, if I'd dissed Obama for his
milk chocolate hue, you'd likely be less charitable.
One more time, slowly. Trumps orangeness has nothing to do with his race. It is no more relevant to racial discussion than the orangeness of this man's skin.
images

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
In the EU we have "old people" who are divorced from modern internet reality deciding laws that will ruin it. It would be best if experts were heard more, instead of lobbyists.
Being old certainly isn't a guarantee of being qualified.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
One more time, slowly. Trumps orangeness has nothing to do with his race. It is no more relevant to racial discussion than the orangeness of this man's skin.
images
Changing the context still doesn't justify the vitriolic racism of the post in question.
Btw, that fellow has a really great pigmentation arrangement.
Will he be running in 2020?

BSM1

What? Me worry?
What technology is it you think I'm talking about? Email? The internet?
Never minding that those two comparatively ancient things in modern technology are both younger than the Trumps and Clintons of the world, I'm talking about leading technological trends, modern data security, adoption into social issues like education, reforming out of date technology like voter booths,the postal service and government secure servers based on current technology.

You saying Trumps doesn't understand these social media and technological advances? Uhhh....tweeting out the yin-yang....putting on multi-million dollar TV shows. I feel you have to know a little about the genre, don't you think? And what about @Revoltingest? I sure he can describe a world without fire as well as the latest in flux capacitors.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
You saying Trumps doesn't understand these social media and technological advances? Uhhh....tweeting out the yin-yang....putting on multi-million dollar TV shows. I feel you have to know a little about the genre, don't you think? And what about @Revoltingest? I sure he can describe a world without fire as well as the latest in flux capacitors.
Trump is more about using technology than understanding it.
Isn't that the ultimate goal....to make the tool itself so accessible
that one needn't fiddle with its nuts & bolts...or panenderms & reluctors.

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
AOC also quoted an alt-right vigilante masked superhero from Alan Moore’s Watchmen. Pretty sure she didn’t get the nuance of the line.
She specified in the same tweets that she was quoting Alan Moore himself, not Rorschach. But even still, this is an issue for you? I think that the new X-Men movies line, "you're always sorry, Charles, and there's always a speech" is it great quote about grandstanding after making a mistake but you've made it a hundred times already. That it's from Magneto, the villain of the story, doesn't make it a bad quote.

Also, do you reserve the same disquiet for Ted Cruz, who lists Rorschach is one of his favorite Heroes?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
She specified in the same tweets that she was quoting Alan Moore himself, not Rorschach. But even still, this is an issue for you? I think that the new X-Men movies line, "you're always sorry, Charles, and there's always a speech" is it great quote about grandstanding after making a mistake but you've made it a hundred times already. That it's from Magneto, the villain of the story, doesn't make it a bad quote.

Also, do you reserve the same disquiet for Ted Cruz, who lists Rorschach is one of his favorite Heroes?
NERD!!!

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Trump absolutely does not understand social media. LOL he makes regular comments such as the anti-google and anti Twitter comments where he clearly doesnt understand SEO algorithms, both he and Giuliani made copy paste mistakes then blamed twitter for 'hacking,' he doesn't use computers, he calls iPad 'the flat one,' he was using an unsecured samsung phone before his aids found out, and so on and so forth.

Trump is a dinosaur when it comes to technology.

BSM1

What? Me worry?
Trump absolutely does not understand social media. LOL he makes regular comments such as the anti-google and anti Twitter comments where he clearly doesnt understand SEO algorithms, both he and Giuliani made copy paste mistakes then blamed twitter for 'hacking,' he doesn't use computers, he calls iPad 'the flat one,' he was using an unsecured samsung phone before his aids found out, and so on and so forth.

Trump is a dinosaur when it comes to technology.

Do you? Where do these comments go before they wind up on your computer screen?How are they transmitted to your house? Also, how does your screen project the words? Or, more simply, explain how Delta circuits work. I dare say most of us do not understand how technology works.