• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

'New party, who dis?' 29-year-old Ocasio-Cortez mocks aging Joe Lieberman

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Do you? Where do these comments go before they wind up on your computer screen?How are they transmitted to your house? Also, how does your screen project the words? Or, more simply, explain how Delta circuits work. I dare say most of us do not understand how technology works.
I reserve my written brickbats for what he says and does not for his technology understanding. I'm pretty unique by having followed tech all my life. Some of my friends don't know how to add a row in Excel, for example.

So I prefer focusing my lambasting on his and other peoples policies and public statements.

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Do you? Where do these comments go before they wind up on your computer screen?How are they transmitted to your house? Also, how does your screen project the words? Or, more simply, explain how Delta circuits work. I dare say most of us do not understand how technology works.
That is a reduction to the absurd if I've ever heard one. There is a big difference between not knowing basic internet security, what SEO or algorithms are, and basic internet protocols, and not having a tech degree.
I'm pretty sure Trump had to have someone telling him that using unsecured email servers is a big deal both because he has also done it and because 'but her emails'had to be a year long thing.

Cooky

Veteran Member
She's 29, not 19.

The Chancellor of Austria was elected last year at the age of 31.

Young leaders and lawmakers are in vogue at the moment.

In my opinion, you may be the exception, Vouthon. But I know that in my 20's and even 30's, I was much less understanding, and very much of the mind frame that if someone's point of view was not in line with mine, that they were just wrong and needed to be 'fixed'.

...I think that's typical for a certain age group, and I think Ocasio-Cortez fits the description.

Cooky

Veteran Member
That is the important question.

It's the purpose of youth to challenge the current order of things. It's the purpose of age to bring hard-learned lessons to the table. She's doing the challenging I want her to do.

I don't agree with her position getting rid of PAYGO but I do on the four other bills she's a co-sponsor for Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

I will also ding her for refusing to provide answers to VoteSmart The Voter's Self Defense System

Well that's smart. So her age adds balance to the system... Interesting.

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
In my opinion, you may be the exception, Vouthon. But I know that in my 20's and even 30's, I was much less understanding, and very much of the mind frame that if someone's point of view was not in line with mine, that they were just wrong and needed to be 'fixed'.

...I think that's typical for a certain age group, and I think Ocasio-Cortez fits the description.
Imo any age group can be vulnerable to believing they know what's best or wanting to fix others. Look at how much criticism she got for a video of her dancing while in school. Just dancing, nothing else. And that's the low end of the extreme. We are just now banning gay conversion therapy. I can tell you it's not propped on the support of young men and women.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Ask about "ones complement".

Cooky

Veteran Member
Or, more simply, explain how Delta circuits work.
Delta circuits use the earth itself as a return to the source (generating station), while wye circuits actually have a "system neutral" wire as a return to complete the circuit.

...Electricity is a very strange phenomena. How or why it is able to return to it's source through the dirt remains a mystery to me. But here in California, the old delta system is most prominant one of the two.

Watchmen

Premium Member
She specified in the same tweets that she was quoting Alan Moore himself, not Rorschach. But even still, this is an issue for you? I think that the new X-Men movies line, "you're always sorry, Charles, and there's always a speech" is it great quote about grandstanding after making a mistake but you've made it a hundred times already. That it's from Magneto, the villain of the story, doesn't make it a bad quote.

Also, do you reserve the same disquiet for Ted Cruz, who lists Rorschach is one of his favorite Heroes?
I wasn’t aware of that about Ted Cruz. He’s an imbecile too.

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
Who cares. Lieberman is a dinosaur. That's just how it is. We need young people and new faces. The idiot in the White House shows that age doesn't bring wisdom, so we should remove that age requirement for President, too. That article was stupid fear-mongering, but that's what you get from a stupid tabloid.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
A long career in politics certainly seems to qualify one... for politics if not anything else, and makes sure they get elected more on average.
Tis best to have experience in something other than politics before entering it.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Which was evidenced by the previous administration which will go unnamed...
A radical idea.....
Presidents should have both private sector and political experience.
Oh, they also shouldn't be a war monger, incompetent, volatile, crooked, grabby or commie.

BSM1

What? Me worry?
A radical idea.....
Presidents should have both private sector and political experience.
Oh, they also shouldn't be a war monger, incompetent, volatile, crooked, grabby or commie.

Well, if you're going to be picky...

The only thing I could add to this list is that we should always steer away from "Dead Heads", also.