• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Nityananda, Sri Chaitanya's associate, Gaudiya Vaishnava saint

ratikala

Istha gosthi
namaskaram Shantanu ji

Do you not think that some gods have less powers than other gods?

to me to think in terms of more powerfull , less powerfull , is prehaps a little foolish ...each god has his own individual powers , befitting to his own particular function , ....how can one say that Lord Brahma' power of creating is stronger of than Lord Visnu's power of maintaining , ...or more powerful than Lord Siva's Power of distruction ? ....one canot say this .

Shantanu

namaskaram Shantanu ji

to me to think in terms of more powerfull , less powerfull , is prehaps a little foolish ...each god has his own individual powers , befitting to his own particular function , ....how can one say that Lord Brahma' power of creating is stronger of than Lord Visnu's power of maintaining , ...or more powerful than Lord Siva's Power of distruction ? ....one canot say this .
So are they (Brahma, Vishnu, Shiva) and Lakshmi, Ganesha, Hanuman, Rama, Durga, etc all filling certain roles in running humanity for the Supreme God Sri Krishna?

Last edited:

ratikala

Istha gosthi
namaskaram

So are they (Brahma, Vishnu, Shiva) and Lakshmi, Ganesha, Hanuman, Rama, Durga, etc all filling certain roles in running humanity for the Supreme God?

in some respects yes , in another respect they are each an aspect of the supremes energy .

Shantanu

namaskaram

in some respects yes , in another respect they are each an aspect of the supremes energy .
Do all the Hindu gods have to adhere to the code of conduct of sanatan dharma, that is to say, accept Sri Krishna as Supreme?

ratikala

Istha gosthi
namaskaram

not every sect will see Sri Krsna as Supreme , and will give a different name , ....but as this is Nityanandas thread then acording to Gaudiya tradition yes Sri Krsna is the supreme :) ....as thus Sri Krsna said in the Gita , ....''Those who are devotees of other gods and who worship them with faith actually worship only Me,''

it is said that one who worships the demigods goes to the abodes of the demigods , only to eventualy take birth again , but that one who worships the supreme atains the supremes eternal abode .

this is cofirmed in Bhagavatam 11, 5 , 3

ya esam purusam saksad
atma-prabhavam isvaram
na bhajanty avajananti
sthanad bhrastah patanty adhah

“Anyone who does not render service and neglects his duty unto the primeval Lord, who is the source of all living entities, will certainly fall down from his constitutional position.”

again in the Gita Sri Krsna is explaining ...

I am the father of this universe, the mother, the support and the grandsire. I am the object of knowledge, the purifier and the syllable Om, I am also the Rg, the Sama and the Yajur Vedas.
I am the goal, the sustainer, the master, the witness, the abode, the refuge, and the most dear friend. I am the creation and the annihilation, the basis of everything, the resting place and the eternal seed.
ch 9 ...v 17..18

Shantanu

namaskaram

not every sect will see Sri Krsna as Supreme , and will give a different name , ....but as this is Nityanandas thread then acording to Gaudiya tradition yes Sri Krsna is the supreme :) ....as thus Sri Krsna said in the Gita , ....''Those who are devotees of other gods and who worship them with faith actually worship only Me,''

it is said that one who worships the demigods goes to the abodes of the demigods , only to eventualy take birth again , but that one who worships the supreme atains the supremes eternal abode .

this is cofirmed in Bhagavatam 11, 5 , 3

ya esam purusam saksad
atma-prabhavam isvaram
na bhajanty avajananti
sthanad bhrastah patanty adhah

“Anyone who does not render service and neglects his duty unto the primeval Lord, who is the source of all living entities, will certainly fall down from his constitutional position.”

again in the Gita Sri Krsna is explaining ...

I am the father of this universe, the mother, the support and the grandsire. I am the object of knowledge, the purifier and the syllable Om, I am also the Rg, the Sama and the Yajur Vedas.
I am the goal, the sustainer, the master, the witness, the abode, the refuge, and the most dear friend. I am the creation and the annihilation, the basis of everything, the resting place and the eternal seed.
ch 9 ...v 17..18

If we worship Sri Chaitanya Mahabprabhu as if he was Sri Krishna, we will be worshipping Sri Krishna, but if we worship Sri Chaitanya as himself, we will not be worshipping Sri Krishna.

ratikala

Istha gosthi
namaskaram

If we worship Sri Chaitanya Mahabprabhu as if he was Sri Krishna, we will be worshipping Sri Krishna, but if we worship Sri Chaitanya as himself, we will not be worshipping Sri Krishna.

we worship Sri Krsna Chaitanya as Chaitanya , but knowing him to be Sri Krsna himself therefore by the Mercy of Chaitanya Mahaprabhu we atain Sri Krsna himself .

Stormcry

Shri Krishna is just an Avatar of Vishnu. He's not more supreme than Vishnu. According to Veda, Vishnu is the highest. Krishna is a demigod. In veda, Krishna has no place at all.

Last edited:

Shantanu

namaskaram

we worship Sri Krsna Chaitanya as Chaitanya , but knowing him to be Sri Krsna himself therefore by the Mercy of Chaitanya Mahaprabhu we atain Sri Krsna himself .
ISKCON should note that:
(a) there are no mantras to attain or invoke Sri Krishna;
(b) Rama has nothing to do with Sri Krishna so that the supposed mahamantra 'Hare Krishna, Hare Krishna, Krishna Krishna Hare Hare, Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama Hare Hare' has no effect - Rama is a different type of God to Sri Krishna; and
(c) Sri Krishna is only realised through gyan yoga performed through total devotion to truth.

ratikala

Istha gosthi
namaskaram H♥K ji

hri Krishna is just an Avatar of Vishnu. He's not more supreme than Vishnu. According to Veda, Vishnu is the highest. Krishna is a demigod. In veda, Krishna has no place at all.

there may not be mention of Sri Krsna as supreme in the Vedas as the Vedas pertain in most to this matreial universe alone and the gods to which its governance is entrusted , yet the Rig Veda explains that beyond that there are things which only the lord knows , .....

...you prehaps can help with translation the famous commomly translated verse's (10 . 129 . 1-7) reads .....

6, Who really knows? Who can presume to tell it?
Whence was it born? Whence issued this creation?
Even the Gods came after its emergence.
Then who can tell from whence it came to be?

7. That out of which creation has arisen,
Whether it held it firm or it did not,
He who surveys it in the highest heaven,
He surely knows or maybe He does not!

I have Swami Prabhavanandas translation which is quite different and gives a slight different slant and ends

...''THAT alone knows the truth of what it itself hath made --None else !''

yet in the Gita Sri Krsna says ....ch 7 ... v 11

.''I am the original seed of all existances ''

so what are we to think?​

ratikala

Istha gosthi
namaskaram Shantanu ji

ISKCON should note that:
(a) there are no mantras to attain or invoke Sri Krishna;
(b) Rama has nothing to do with Sri Krishna so that the supposed mahamantra 'Hare Krishna, Hare Krishna, Krishna Krishna Hare Hare, Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama Hare Hare' has no effect - Rama is a different type of God to Sri Krishna; and
(c) Sri Krishna is only realised through gyan yoga performed through total devotion to truth.

Prabhu ji , I canot accept this ......

in the Gita Sri Krsna clearly says ''I am the OM in all vedic mantras'', ...so in that respect all mantras invoke Sri Krsna , Mahamantra is nama japa , therefore it is not through gyan yoga that one realises the supreme but through devotion alone :)

Gyan yoga without Bhakti is merely dry speculation if one were to realise the lord through gyan yoga then one would spontaniously be filed with love and chant nama japa in the mood of pure bhakti :)

Shantanu

namaskaram H♥K ji

there may not be mention of Sri Krsna as supreme in the Vedas as the Vedas pertain in most to this matreial universe alone and the gods to which its governance is entrusted , yet the Rig Veda explains that beyond that there are things which only the lord knows , .....

...you prehaps can help with translation the famous commomly translated verse's (10 . 129 . 1-7) reads .....

6, Who really knows? Who can presume to tell it?
Whence was it born? Whence issued this creation?
Even the Gods came after its emergence.
Then who can tell from whence it came to be?

7. That out of which creation has arisen,
Whether it held it firm or it did not,
He who surveys it in the highest heaven,
He surely knows or maybe He does not!

I have Swami Prabhavanandas translation which is quite different and gives a slight different slant and ends

...''THAT alone knows the truth of what it itself hath made --None else !''

yet in the Gita Sri Krsna says ....ch 7 ... v 11

.''I am the original seed of all existances ''

so what are we to think?​
In the Bhagavad Gita God was answering the very question that He jokingly posed in Rig Veda.

Stormcry

@ratikala If you are gonna differentiate between Vishnu and Krishna, then for sure according to Veda, which is the supreme among all scriptures, Krishna must be demigod and vishnu Supreme as we can see veda mentions Vishnu as Supreme. And if you don't differentiate then only Krishna is supreme as Krishna is the Avatara of Vishnu. That's it.

Shantanu

namaskaram Shantanu ji

Prabhu ji , I canot accept this ......

in the Gita Sri Krsna clearly says ''I am the OM in all vedic mantras'', ...so in that respect all mantras invoke Sri Krsna , Mahamantra is nama japa , therefore it is not through gyan yoga that one realises the supreme but through devotion alone :)

Gyan yoga without Bhakti is merely dry speculation if one were to realise the lord through gyan yoga then one would spontaniously be filed with love and chant nama japa in the mood of pure bhakti :)
The meaning of Om is truth.

ratikala

Istha gosthi
namaskaram

@ratikala If you are gonna differentiate between Vishnu and Krishna, then for sure according to Veda, which is the supreme among all scriptures, Krishna must be demigod and vishnu Supreme as we can see veda mentions Vishnu as Supreme. And if you don't differentiate then only Krishna is supreme as Krishna is the Avatara of Vishnu. That's it.

personaly no I would not diferentiate , Visnu is Krsna Krsna is Visnu the all pervasive and all atractive , ....after having displaying his universal form to Arjuna , Arjuna bewildered asks Sri Krsna to return to his Four armed form his four armed form being none other than Visnu .

it is us , our failing to see the and fully understand his allpervasiveness

ratikala

Istha gosthi
namaskaram
The meaning of Om is truth.

and the truth is none other than the supreme , ...

images

ratikala

Istha gosthi
jai jai @Hinduism♥Krishna ji

so we should not see diference between their Lordships Sri Sri Nityananda prabhu and Chatanya Mahaprabhu and their worshipfull Lords Jaganatha and Baladeva who are them selves nondifferent from Sri Sri Krsna Balarama , ....

images

images

images

Jai Nityanada Bol Hari Bol Hari Bol ....​