• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Noahs Ark (How can anyone possibly believe the story)

Dan4reason

Facts not Faith
I don't know why u insist that Noah lived at the time of Dinosaurs,probably he come after this time by a long period. In addition, the flood might be localized not global so that he didn't need to take all the animals on earth. He only needed those that can keep the human life after the flood.

Does the Koran or the bible say anything about a localized flood? The bible talks about a global flood.

Well, its good you don't seem to be a Young Earth Creationist. The dinosaurs died out about 65 million years ago and mammals species and been arising and dying out ever since. So when did the great flood take place? Were there still Neaderthals and Homo Erectus around?

gnostic

The Lost One
Muslims believed that it was localized or regionalized.

I have asked them about the Noah's story, but I don't remember who replied and which thread it was in.

.lava

Veteran Member
I used to be a Christian but after many years left the faith. A number of things were bugging me that could not be answered. I repeatedly questioned the whole Noah's ark story & never got sensible / satisfactory answers. Can someone on here that is religious & a believer in The Ark, please try to explain how:
1)How could all creatures from land & freshwater be contained on a boat . (currently 1.7000000 creatures on earth we know of & more discovered everyday)
2)How could there possibly be enough food of all types needed on board for at least 6months
3)How would you keep animals from hot climates & cold climates alive without any form of heating or cooling equipment
4)When released how did the animals get to their appropriate climates from there
5)If all creatures on board & Noahs family repopulated the earth apart from the incest which would have occured, fact is children / animals produced from there on would have extremely high risk of birth defects / mutations.
Thanks in advance.....

According to what i know that flood was not global

outhouse

Atheistically
Muslims believed that it was localized or regionalized.

I have asked them about the Noah's story, but I don't remember who replied and which thread it was in.

Not really they didnt. I think your friend in the other thread had a biased view

According to this link its pretty clear if it was a regional flood is was of great porportion enough to rest on a mountain and the size alone dictates a global flood.

not only that isnt it obvious islam copied he ancient hebrews tale and made it their own ?

Noah's Ark - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Islam

writing in the 13th century, gives the length of the Ark as 300 cubits (157 m, 515 ft) by 50 (26.2 m, 86 ft) in width, 30 cubits (15.7 m, 52 ft) in height

Noah spent five or six months aboard the Ark

Masudi says that the Ark began its voyage at Kufa in central Iraq and sailed to Mecca, circling the Kaaba before finally traveling to Mount Judi (in Arabic also referred to as "high place, hill), which surah 11:44 states was its final resting place. This mountain is identified by tradition with a hill near the town of Jazirat ibn Umar on the east bank of the Tigris in the province of Mosul in northern Iraq, and Masudi says that the spot where it came to rest could be seen in his time

Noah left the Ark, and he and his family and companions built a town at the foot of Mount Judi, named Thamanin ("eighty") in reference to their number.

Some modern Muslims, although not generally active in searching for the Ark, believe that it still exists on the high slopes of the mountain.