• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Non Christians are more evil than all Christians combined

an anarchist

Your local anarchist.
Okay, then.

Such disdain for huge swaths of the entire human population will create needless conflict and strife and suffering for both yourself and those around you. It doesn't come recommended.
Yes

I used to have disdain for everyone for them being a statist. Life is better when I'm not too concerned with that in my day to day life now,.and I see people in a pleasant light.

Tho I come on this site and whine about statism.

Betho_br

Can you further explain?

Human beings are shaped by the environment they live in.

A few rare children, upon recognizing the "conditioning" imposed by their environment, begin, for various reasons, to resist the "shaping." Many are subjected to torture, others develop profound psychological scars, some eventually surrender, while others turn into monstrous sociopaths.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
Human beings are shaped by the environment they live in.

A few rare children, upon recognizing the "conditioning" imposed by their environment, begin, for various reasons, to resist the "shaping." Many are subjected to torture, others develop profound psychological scars, some eventually surrender, while others turn into monstrous sociopaths.
That makes sense.

Heyo

Veteran Member
If @Massimo2002 is suffering from depression, then it's not surprising that he/she sees the world in shades of black. It's part of the disease.
It can be. But depression can also come in the form of depressive realism. We just see the world for the ****hole it is, and all you normies just wear rose-tinted glasses.
(I'm not saying that @Massimo2002 is right, though.)
Not much we can do with just words online, unfortunately.
That's true either way.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I recently discovered that my fundie friend has
been banned from the local library for 30 days.
Why?
He argued with staff over noise, & started
quoting scripture to show them that they
were being stupid. (Apparently, the Bible
offers many insults.)
He regularly gets into spats that occasionally
rise to the level of assault. It's always the other
person's fault, because is always in the right.
I can't convince him that toning down his
aggressive behavior would be useful.

He used to carry a handgun. Something happened
that cost him that right. He won't say what it was,
but I'm glad that he doesn't carry. He lacks the
temperament for that responsibility in more ways
than I just showed.

Last edited:

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
I recently discovered that my fundie friend has
been banned from the local library for 30 days.
Why?
He argued with staff over noise, & started
quoting scripture to show them that they
were being stupid.
He regularly gets into spats that occasionally
rise to the level of assault. It's always the other
person's fault, because is always in the right.
I can't convince him that toning down his
aggressive behavior would be useful.

He used to carry a handgun. Something happened
that cost him that right. He won't say what it was,
but I'm glad that he doesn't carry. He lacks the
temperament for that responsibility in more ways
than I just showed.
How'd you meet this fellow?

firedragon

Veteran Member
In my experience almost every encounter with non Christians has been infinitely worse than any interactions that I have had with Christians. For example Muslims give me dirty looks and look down on me and atheists don't care about my suffering and insult me for not believing in evolution.
This is the epitome of an anecdotal fallacy.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
In my experience almost every encounter with non Christians has been infinitely worse than any interactions that I have had with Christians. For example Muslims give me dirty looks and look down on me and atheists don't care about my suffering and insult me for not believing in evolution.
Makes sense in a way: of course Christians try not to alienate you. They're trying to recruit you.

Pete in Panama

This is the epitome of an anecdotal fallacy.
That's quite possible. Another take is to accept the fact that he is reporting having had these experiences. Assuming that he's not lying about his recollections (a big assumption) then my observation is that since most folks don't report this take while he does, then what we got is that the problem lies w/ him. So. What is he doing wrong?

F1fan

Veteran Member
Well, not accepting science is a huge liability in the 21st century. And don't forget that Catholics and Lutherans committed the Holocaust, so be sure to add that to your calculations.

TransmutingSoul

May God's Will be Done
Premium Member
One needs to examine their own attitude towards others, most of the issue lays with one's tagging of others with self limiting opinions.

Regards Tony

firedragon

Veteran Member
That's quite possible. Another take is to accept the fact that he is reporting having had these experiences. Assuming that he's not lying about his recollections (a big assumption) then my observation is that since most folks don't report this take while he does, then what we got is that the problem lies w/ him. So. What is he doing wrong?
An anecdotal fallacy is an informal and well known fallacy, does not mean he is lying.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
That sounds pretty normal for interactions with strangers.

Christians only act better because of their doctrines and not their personalities around strangers.

Much like that grocery clerk engaging with pleasantries with you at the checkout because that person was told they must do it in the interest of customer relations.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
That sounds pretty normal for interactions with strangers.

Christians only act better because of their doctrines and not their personalities around strangers.

Much like that grocery clerk engaging with pleasantries with you at the checkout because that person was told they must do it in the interest of customer relations.

RestlessSoul

Well, not accepting science is a huge liability in the 21st century. And don't forget that Catholics and Lutherans committed the Holocaust, so be sure to add that to your calculations.

Nazis committed the holocaust. In post-enlightenment Europe.

I’m sure you can find plenty of genuine reasons to justify your personal resentment of Christianity, without taking a deep dive into wilful ignorance.