• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Not only Natural Laws but Rules of Evolution?

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
@YoursTrue Just so you're aware, the concept of god and the theory of evolution are not mutually exclusive. The theory of evolution conflicts with literal interpretations of scripture, but that isn't a prerequisite for belief in a god. Literal interpretation does however require willful ignorance, intellectual dishonesty, and scientific illiteracy.
I understand the idea that some have of linking God and evolution is common, but I have found that there is no viable explanation of life burgeoning from a few cells and creating by cellular movement called survival of the fittest to form plants and animals. No one can really explain except by guesswork and considering some testtube experiments as firm assurance that it happened as proposed. I find it interesting that some say i am willfully ignorant. I can read explanations but as often said, they are not proof. So can you personally explain how lifeforms evolved to plants and animals except as to how it may have happened?

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
I understand the idea that some have of linking God and evolution is common, but I have found that there is no viable explanation of life burgeoning from a few cells and creating by cellular movement called survival of the fittest to form plants and animals. No one can really explain except by guesswork and considering some testtube experiments as firm assurance that it happened as proposed. I find it interesting that some say i am willfully ignorant. I can read explanations but as often said, they are not proof. So can you personally explain how lifeforms evolved to plants and animals except as to how it may have happened?
Are you requesting that I provide a remedial biology course?

YoursTrue

Are you requesting that I provide a remedial biology course?
Lol. No. Just back up your presumptions.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Your views. If you can't state them or don't want to about the theory, that's ok
There is nothing presumptuous about them, and I know you have no genuine interest in learning or understanding anything. You were indoctrinated to forgo critical thinking and to blindly accept ancient, primitive savages as god's (self-appointed and self-serving) spokespeople without question, logic and evidence be damned. I'm not going to invest a lengthy amount of time writing an essay that you'll have rejected before you've even begun to have read it.

Besides, there is a FAQ that's been "stickied" forever in this subforum, if you actually had an honest desire: Online Reference: FAQs and tutorials on the Theory of Evolution

exchemist

Veteran Member
There is nothing presumptuous about them, and I know you have no genuine interest in learning or understanding anything. You were indoctrinated to forgo critical thinking and to blindly accept ancient, primitive savages as god's (self-appointed and self-serving) spokespeople without question, logic and evidence be damned. I'm not going to invest a lengthy amount of time writing an essay that you'll have rejected before you've even begun to have read it.

Besides, there is a FAQ that's been "stickied" forever in this subforum, if you actually had an honest desire: Online Reference: FAQs and tutorials on the Theory of Evolution
This is exactly right. YT has indeed no genuine interest in learning or understanding. This poster displays a carefully curated ignorance which persists in spite of repeated, patient and detailed explanations. The questions asked are a pose, a fraud. There is no interest at all in understanding the answers.

exchemist

Veteran Member
I noticed none of you can explain it in your own words. (lol)
No, we've just all got sick and tired of explaining it all over again, for the nth time, to a tedious troll who keeps asking, time after time, without ever listening to the detailed answers that have been provided, many times over lol:cool:.

Anyone with a genuine interest in learning would in any case have have found the answer for themselves, as this information is all over the internet for anyone who is at all curious. But no, your sole purpose is to keep asking for answers to silly questions, precisely in order to reach the point we have now got to, at which we stop responding to your provocation, so that you can , absurdly, claim you have "won" and we have "no answers".

Lol.:cool:

Last edited:

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
I noticed none of you can explain it in your own words. (lol)

Evolution is the process through which living organisms change and adapt over time. It is driven by two key mechanisms: genetic variation and natural selection. Genetic variation refers to the differences that exist in the DNA of individuals within a population. These variations can arise through random mutations, genetic recombination during reproduction, or other genetic processes.

Natural selection acts on this genetic variation by favoring certain traits that increase an organism's chances of survival and reproduction in a particular environment. Organisms with advantageous traits are more likely to survive and pass on their genes to the next generation, while those with less favorable traits are less likely to reproduce.

Over many generations, this selective pressure leads to the gradual accumulation of beneficial traits in a population, resulting in adaptations that enhance survival and reproductive success. This process can lead to the development of new species over time, as populations become genetically distinct and unable to interbreed.

Evolution is not a deliberate or goal-oriented process, but rather the result of the interaction between genetic variation and the environment. It is a fundamental concept in biology that explains the incredible diversity and complexity of life on Earth.

YoursTrue

Evolution is the process through which living organisms change and adapt over time. It is driven by two key mechanisms: genetic variation and natural selection. Genetic variation refers to the differences that exist in the DNA of individuals within a population. These variations can arise through random mutations, genetic recombination during reproduction, or other genetic processes.

Natural selection acts on this genetic variation by favoring certain traits that increase an organism's chances of survival and reproduction in a particular environment. Organisms with advantageous traits are more likely to survive and pass on their genes to the next generation, while those with less favorable traits are less likely to reproduce.

Over many generations, this selective pressure leads to the gradual accumulation of beneficial traits in a population, resulting in adaptations that enhance survival and reproductive success. This process can lead to the development of new species over time, as populations become genetically distinct and unable to interbreed.

Evolution is not a deliberate or goal-oriented process, but rather the result of the interaction between genetic variation and the environment. It is a fundamental concept in biology that explains the incredible diversity and complexity of life on Earth.
These are your own words? While I believe you believe this explanation is correct, right now I'm not going to go over it with you.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
These are your own words? While I believe you believe this explanation is correct, right now I'm not going to go over it with you.
What is there to go over? You reject it simply because it conflicts with a literal interpretation of some book written by ancient primitive savages.
Believing that such a book is infallible and that god is beholden to it is blasphemous idolatry.

YoursTrue

What is there to go over? You reject it simply because it conflicts with a literal interpretation of some book written by ancient primitive savages.
Believing that such a book is infallible and that god is beholden to it is blasphemous idolatry.
No, not really. Those are concepts you are taking from others because you believe them and they make sense to you. I do not contest everything in the thought, but no longer believe that is how organisms came about in their entirety. What does that mean? I'm not a scientist, but cannot believe that plants went one way and animals went another, as well as fish burgeoning out to become humans in the long run. While there are certainly questions and similarities, again, this does not mean that it all happened by "natural selection." But thanks anyway. This does not mean all life started from a few cells combining by chemical means and then moving them along without any purpose or intelligence behind the mechanisms.

Last edited:

YoursTrue

Savages? That's interesting that you would classify the writers as savages. Sounds to me that is a biased, shall we say, description. Interesting -- as to how people view things.

YoursTrue

I'm really looking only at the definition and concept of evolution now, would you say you believe the concept is infallible?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I'm really looking only at the definition and concept of evolution now, would you say you believe the concept is infallible?
Nothing is infallible. But it can show that ideas are wrong. There is a tiny faction of a percent that evolution could be wrong, but if God cannot lie, and you assure us that he can't, then the creation myths of Genesis have been shown to be wrong.

In the sciences it is much easier to show an idea to be wrong than it is to show that an idea is right.