• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Obama has Kenyan citizenship

Do you want a citizen of another country running US?

• Total voters

lilithu

The Devil's Advocate
I'm kinda disgusted with myself that I think the young John McCain was HOT, DUDE!!! If I lived back then and if he had a completely different personality and outlook on life&government, I'd hit that.
I think the young McCain was hot too. Not sure why you're disgusted with yourself about that.

Yeah, seriously, what happened to him?
It's called growing old, dude. If you're lucky you'll get to experience it. :p

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
The OP is the funniest thing I've read so far today. The information must have come from Faux News.

Watchmen

Premium Member
obama was born in hawaii people!!!

only the FREAKS (Far Right Egnorant Attackers of Kenyan Sitizens) think otherwise!!!

Watchmen

Premium Member
I'm sure a website called "antiobama.net" is going to be real objective.

At least Obama was actually born on American soil!!!

Neo-Logic

Reality Checker
Here's some real facts for you.

"
No. He held both U.S. and Kenyan citizenship as a child, but lost his Kenyan citizenship automatically on his 21st birthday.
The Rocky Mountain News did in fact run an online article asserting that Barack Obama holds both American and Kenyan citizenship. The article was incorrect, and the paper removed the item from the article and ran a correction. The paper's editor, John Temple, formally apologized for the error in an Aug. 15, 2007, column. Neither the correction nor the apology has prevented the column from circulating across the Internet as part of the latest set of baseless rumors that Obama is ineligible to run for president.

There was a grain of truth to what the Rocky Mountain News reported, though understanding why requires a brief history lesson.

When Barack Obama Jr. was born on Aug. 4,1961, in Honolulu, Kenya was a British colony, still part of the United Kingdom's dwindling empire. As a Kenyan native, Barack Obama Sr. was a British subject whose citizenship status was governed by The British Nationality Act of 1948. That same act governed the status of Obama Sr.'s children:

British Nationality Act of 1948 (Part II, Section 5): Subject to the provisions of this section, a person born after the commencement of this Act shall be a citizen of the United Kingdom and Colonies by descent if his father is a citizen of the United Kingdom and Colonies at the time of the birth."

FactCheck.org: Does Barack Obama have Kenyan citizenship?

Last edited by a moderator:

Mathematician

Reason, and reason again
I don't see why we still insist on preventing the president from being an immigrant. It appears xenophobic.

Neo-Logic

Reality Checker
Oh by the way, asking tons of stupid rhetorical questions and committing tons of slippery slope fallacies won't help your credibility. Especially after using sources from a site titled "antiobama"

This post is a joke.

Neo-Logic

Reality Checker
I don't see why we still insist on preventing the president from being an immigrant. It appears xenophobic.

It's Constitutional. And I would also argue that there's a difference between wanting your country to be run by those born in it versus being xenophobic.

For one thing, we're all xenophobic on a national scale. A nation state is a sovereignty that looks after the interest of its own people and answers to the people before any other parties. Logic would dictate that those from our own country harboring our own teachings, ideals, and foundations are the most fit for the job of leading the country - not those born in others.

lilithu

The Devil's Advocate
It's Constitutional. And I would also argue that there's a difference between wanting your country to be run by those born in it versus being xenophobic.

For one thing, we're all xenophobic on a national scale. A nation state is a sovereignty that looks after the interest of its own people and answers to the people before any other parties. Logic would dictate that those from our own country harboring our own teachings, ideals, and foundations are the most fit for the job of leading the country - not those born in others.
Besides, it guarantees that Arnold Schwarzenegger will never be president. :p

(Tho I question whether someone who has lived in the U.S. as a baby is any less loyal to or familiar with the U.S. than those of us who were born here. And some of the most die-hard patriotic people I know are immigrants. After all, they made the choice to move here and take a test to earn their citizenship, as opposed to just inheriting it.)

Neo-Logic

Reality Checker
Besides, it guarantees that Arnold Schwarzenegger will never be president. :p

Thank god for that!

The day that happens is the day I will call up my 2nd amendment right and start a militia to overthrow the administration!

*sigh* but what chance do I have. He's the freaking terminator man. Have you seen him without his shirt? ARnold's got more guns than the NRA

Last edited:

lilithu

The Devil's Advocate
Are you kidding? IMO, Arnie is the embodiment of what a new conservative party should look like.
I actually like Arnie. My only serious gripe against him is how he came into office - by the GOP machine targeting Gov Davis for removal and sending people from the outside into Cali to gather signatures for a petition. It was sleazy and unforgivable. But it wasn't Arnold's doing.

I agree with you that Arnold's brand of conservatism is much more rational; it's what the GOP was before the Religious Right took over, and definitely before the Neocons. His record on the environment is admirable, and he's fought the Bush administration on it like only the Terminator could. :) But being the liberal that I am and his position on some other issues, I would still prefer someone else in the White House. :p

Watchmen

Premium Member
I actually like Arnie. My only serious gripe against him is how he came into office - by the GOP machine targeting Gov Davis for removal and sending people from the outside into Cali to gather signatures for a petition. It was sleazy and unforgivable. But it wasn't Arnold's doing.

I agree with you that Arnold's brand of conservatism is much more rational; it's what the GOP was before the Religious Right took over, and definitely before the Neocons. His record on the environment is admirable, and he's fought the Bush administration on it like only the Terminator could. :) But being the liberal that I am and his position on some other issues, I would still prefer someone else in the White House. :p

Very true, although I would love someone like him in office.

As for the voting, you're dead on. It's also interesting to note that the method of voting they used actually resulted in more people voting to keep Davis in office than voting Arnie in. It was a two part ballot. Part one asked if Davis should be kept or not. Part two asked those who said to oust Davis who they would like instead. The end result was that more people wanted Davis out than in, but more people wanted Davis in than Arnie in. Very interesting. Personally, I'm very happy with him and most voting methods are flawed anyway.

Sample:

Should Davis stay in office? Yes = 40 / No = 60

If Davis is out - who should be in?

Arnie = 30

Mickey = 20

Ariel = 15

Belle = 10

Jafar = 10

Simba = 10

Dumbo = 5

Last edited:

Makaveli

Homoioi
There is no such thing as a hyphenated American. You are either an American, or something else.

However, it's less important that he has dual citizenship and more important that his policies are sound and in line with your own political philosophy.

If I could vote, I'd vote for McCain. Lesser of two evils.

Watchmen

Premium Member
There is no such thing as a hyphenated American. You are either an American, or something else.

However, it's less important that he has dual citizenship and more important that his policies are sound and in line with your own political philosophy.

You can be an American and something else.

Neo-Logic

Reality Checker

Either/Or Fallacy (also called "the Black-and-White Fallacy" and "False Dilemma"): This fallacy occurs when a writer builds an argument upon the assumption that there are only two choices or possible outcomes when actually there are several. Outcomes are seldom so simple. This fallacy most frequently appears in connection to sweeping generalizations: “Either we must ban X or the American way of life will collapse.” "We go to war with Canada, or else Canada will eventually grow in population and overwhelm the United States." "Either you drink Burpsy Cola, or you will have no friends and no social life." Either you must avoid either/or fallacies, or everyone will think you are foolish.