• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Obama has Kenyan citizenship

Do you want a citizen of another country running US?

• Total voters

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
I think the OP has been answered...Obama is a native born U.S citizen...So whats the problem?

Also with McCain?? Same thing...His father was U.S military...I don't care if he was actually born on mars..He's a U>S citizen from birth...

My husband was born in Canada..His father was United States Coast Guard at the time and stationed there..All be it my husbands birth cerificate shows he was born in Newfoundland Canada..He is and always has had U.S citizenship as his status..

Love

Dallas

lilithu

The Devil's Advocate
I think the OP has been answered...Obama is a native born U.S citizen...So whats the problem?
The "problem" is that one of Obama's parents wasn't white. :sarcastic

If his father had been African-American born in the U.S., they would have had to find some other way to attack him, like trying to tie him to the Black Panthers or something. But since he was African born in Kenya, they could use this. Does any one here seriously think that if Obama's dad had been German born in Germany, that this thread would exist?!

The underlying assumption in the OP is that if you're not white, you aren't as loyal to this country.

Watchmen

Premium Member
some of these posts make me think some individuals on RF are citizens of dorkland

Elessar

The Crown Princess of Sweden, if I remember correctly, is a Brazilian citizen. If Sweden can accept it, why not US?

lilithu

The Devil's Advocate
The Crown Princess of Sweden, if I remember correctly, is a Brazilian citizen. If Sweden can accept it, why not US?
Well, it IS unconstitutional.

If you suggest that we should change the U.S. constitution to remove this bit of xenophobia, I would agree with you.

lilithu

The Devil's Advocate
yea but he would be called a Nazi terrorist instead of a Muslim terrorist.
I assume you're joking. :p

Americans don't go around assuming that the Germans who come to our country are all Nazis. Why do some of us assume that a Kenyan would be a Muslim extremist?

Last edited:

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
Americans don't do around assuming that the Germans who come to our country are all Nazis. Why do some of us assume that a Kenyan would be a Muslim extremist?
Are you kidding? They'd have a different nationality, a different color, and a different religion. What else could they be?

Elessar

It's not unconstitutional - Barack Obama was born in the United States, as much as Victoria Bernadotte was born in Sweden. The fact that the both of them hold derivative citizenship via parents of other countries has no bearing on the matter.

lilithu

The Devil's Advocate
It's not unconstitutional - Barack Obama was born in the United States.
I was assuming that we were speaking as if the claims made in the OP were true.

My opinion is that even if someone were not born in the U.S. that does not mean they are less loyal. Many of the most patriotic citizens whom I know are immigrants. They chose to come to this country and go thru all the hoops of earning citizenship, as opposed to just inheriting it. Of course, on the flip side, my mom has been in the U.S for over 40 years and still thinks of herself as Chinese. My point is that one can't judge patriotism by something as superficial as birthplace.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
My opinion is that even if someone were not born in the U.S. that does not mean they are less loyal.
It strikes me that all of the American Founding Fathers were born on British soil, were raised under a monarchy and were likely instilled with loyalty to Britain from an early age. That didn't stop any of them from speaking out against Britain, against monarchy, and acting in favour of republican democracy.

In fact, Washington even served as an officer in the British Army, and in the process would doubtlessly have sworn an oath of allegiance to the King. I wonder if anyone here would question his patriotism and loyalty to the United States because of that.

Elessar

Actually, two points on that, penguin -

From the late 17th century, continuing legal doctrine in the colonies was that the King was the ruler of each colony individually - not as the King of Great Britain. Not unlike the Commonwealth realms today. George Washington would have taken oath to, "His Majesty, the King of Great Britain and Elector Hanover, the sovereign of Virginia." The entire idea of independence was that they owed no loyalty to Parliament as they didn't elect members of Parliament; they owed loyalty to their colonial legislatures, and the Crown which ordained those legislatures. When the Crown sided with Parliamentary sovereignty was when we rejected the Crown.

And, democracy was almost universally rejected by the founding fathers - democracy didn't come until more than 50 years after independence.