• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Oklahoma Republican Doesn't Like That You Can't Hit Kids ...Even Those with Impairments

Wandering Monk

And what about the parents who DON'T agree with corporal punishment in their schools? Do their kids get hit as well? Justifying this with Bible verses!

At about 1:40 he brings impaired into the mix of who can be hit, because not hitting them implies that we don't love them!

Pogo

And what about the parents who DON'T agree with corporal punishment in their schools? Do their kids get hit as well? Justifying this with Bible verses!

At about 1:40 he brings impaired into the mix of who can be hit, because not hitting them implies that we don't love them!

I like the dual occupancy kiddie desks, the pretend adults not so much.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member

But it is ok for Democrats to kill a baby that is alive after brith..

It’s different when you hit with intent to kill b/c it’s a baby.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member

Seriously, if you are going to post an article you should read the whole thing:

"Opponents, noting the rarity of such births and citing laws already making it a crime to kill newborn babies, said the bill was unnecessary. They said it is part of a push by abortion opponents to curb access to the procedure and intimidate doctors who perform it, and said late-term abortions generally occur when the infant is considered incapable of surviving after birth."

Your claim is refuted by your own source.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Under what conditions is this done?
When has it been done?
His own link refuted his claim. It was just grandstanding by Republicans along with an impotent threat against doctors in an attempt to stop needed medical intervention. The number of elective abortions at that point in a pregnancy is almost zero. The doctors that do late term abortions tend to do them only when the life of the mother is threatened or if the fetus will die a painful death shortly after birth. This is downright evil since these mothers really wanted to have a child and circumstances did not make that possible.

Pogo

No, it was a vote against stupid legislation not for some imaginary hypothetical.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
Seriously, if you are going to post an article you should read the whole thing:

"Opponents, noting the rarity of such births and citing laws already making it a crime to kill newborn babies, said the bill was unnecessary. They said it is part of a push by abortion opponents to curb access to the procedure and intimidate doctors who perform it, and said late-term abortions generally occur when the infant is considered incapable of surviving after birth."

Your claim is refuted by your own source.
Apparently you didn’t read what you wrote… “Opponents” = justification. - the bill just said if it was born alive, save the baby.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Apparently you didn’t read what you wrote… “Opponents” = justification. - the bill just said if it was born alive, save the baby.
No, if anyone has a reading problem it is likely you. Read the quote. This was already illegal. The law was redundant and only slightly twisted to make those performing these sorts of abortions have to look over their shoulder.

Statistics show that late term abortions are exceedingly rare and almost always done because they are medically necessary. I do not know of any insurance that covers elective late term abortions. They are far more expensive and disabling then regular abortions that occur early in a pregnancy. You bought into the hype and it affected your reading comprehension.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I think it just triggers people when I show there are extremists on both sides.
I only see extremism from the anti-choice crowd. Once again, the law was redundant. The law had ulterior motives. That makes the right extremist. Not the left. I am sure that at other times for other laws it has been the other way around. But this time there is only one "bad guy" in this scenario.