• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Oklahoma Republican Doesn't Like That You Can't Hit Kids ...Even Those with Impairments

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
What would you do if they cussed you out and threatened you?
I've had adults do that in environments where violence is far more likely (and did happen once) than a frustrated kid trying to gain control of the situation. A straight faced "ok" that is calm and emotionless, yeah, it's gonna make the kid mad but it's clear up front I'm in control and won't be giving what is want (a rise). You (the kid) have my attention, I'm not ignoring you, but you're not exactly a cop who's harassing me, my mom hits harder with her words, nor are you my nephew who was such a wanker he used threatening suicide to gain control over others (except me because I knew he was doing it to flip the situation around and take the heat off himself when he did something to get in trouble or, especially, when he didn't get his way). He's probably never been more pissed at me than when he screamed me "I hate you" and I replied with a very dismissive amd flat "cool. I don't hate you." I gave him nothing, he didn't get the wanted distraction.
But he started behaving for me and we started getting along better amd he started opening up to me.
It was a steep learning curvex, especially as I started when Ibwas eight and only knew what I learned from my parents, but by the last one I felt I can say I saw myself spanking just isn't any good. There are so many better options. Another one I used a lot is just having the kid go blow off some steam and come back when calm and better able to talk about it. It affirms their anger while opening an outlet for teaching and instructing anger isn't the best feeling to have for discussing things.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
Nice sidestep if that major of a reaction was not overkill already,

What on earth are you talking about
but in light of the OP now that you know what it is, why not spank them?

I already told you what I would do… are you trying to create a problem?

Why would you spank them? And, after listening to the video, I didn’t see where he said “spank all of them”. Did you hear what he said? Did you even listen to the video?

Kenny

Premium Member
A child has sworn at school and you think that nurses, doctors, teachers, care workers, pilots, office managers, retail staff, sales reps etc etc etc etc etc can just leave work and come home for that reason? Exactly what planet is it that you live on?
Would you please come back to reality and not live in your alternative world?

Pogo

I've had adults do that in environments where violence is far more likely (and did happen once) than a frustrated kid trying to gain control of the situation. A straight faced "ok" that is calm and emotionless, yeah, it's gonna make the kid mad but it's clear up front I'm in control and won't be giving what is want (a rise). You (the kid) have my attention, I'm not ignoring you, but you're not exactly a cop who's harassing me, my mom hits harder with her words, nor are you my nephew who was such a wanker he used threatening suicide to gain control over others (except me because I knew he was doing it to flip the situation around and take the heat off himself when he did something to get in trouble or, especially, when he didn't get his way). He's probably never been more pissed at me than when he screamed me "I hate you" and I replied with a very dismissive amd flat "cool. I don't hate you." I gave him nothing, he didn't get the wanted distraction.
But he started behaving for me and we started getting along better amd he started opening up to me.
It was a steep learning curvex, especially as I started when Ibwas eight and only knew what I learned from my parents, but by the last one I felt I can say I saw myself spanking just isn't any good. There are so many better options. Another one I used a lot is just having the kid go blow off some steam and come back when calm and better able to talk about it. It affirms their anger while opening an outlet for teaching and instructing anger isn't the best feeling to have for discussing things.
You mean that not returning aggression is in the long run more successful in defusing situations and even often returns positive results in terms of future aggression, apparently that is what everybody else is saying except for Kenny's PDF. :)

There is even minor evidence that Biden or someone suggested that Israel not respond in kind to Irans response to Israel's recent spanking in Syria?. Anyhow it hasn't blown up yet.

Pogo

Would you please come back to reality and not live in your alternative world?
What, you mean my world where I got a call from CPS while I was in Germany and my son went into temporary foster care till I could finish the project I was working on or the world where I just spent the last 50 minutes babysitting a 10 year old whose stepmother want to the hospital due to the problematic home situation.
The alternate reality is you who obviously has no connection. Oh, and paddling was a thing in seventh grade, it did nothing and those who were paddled bragged about it.

Get your head out of the book and deal with reality.

Kenny

Premium Member
Kidding. Explain how parents/carers just walk off their jobs because a child has sworn at school, as YOU have indicated they should. Your world, you explain.
Let me ask you a question… if your son or daughter acted out and you got called in to pick them up.,.,. how often do you think you would let it slide with your child? Would you take care of it at home in such a manner as they wouldn’t do it the next day? (Of course I am speaking as if the teacher did all she could that was within reason.)

Kenny

Premium Member
What, you mean my world where I got a call from CPS while I was in Germany and my son went into temporary foster care till I could finish the project I was working on or the world where I just spent the last 50 minutes babysitting a 10 year old whose stepmother want to the hospital due to the problematic home situation.
The alternate reality is you who obviously has no connection. Oh, and paddling was a thing in seventh grade, it did nothing and those who were paddled bragged about it.

Get your head out of the book and deal with reality.
Obviously you haven’t really read my posts. Apparently you had a hard time and you are taking it out on me when I don’t agree with paddling in the school. I’m sorry you went through that.

How about my wife, whose alcoholic abusive father left mother and children in Venezuela to where she had to rent rooms to make ends meet. No govt help down there. Where she saw women dragged on the floor by the hair, murder, pimp kicking their pregnant worker and whitchcraft. Does that help you understand that I’m not out of touch? How many true-life stories would you like?

Last edited:

Pogo

Obviously you haven’t really read my posts. Apparently you had a hard time and you are taking it out on me when I don’t agree with paddling in the school. I’m sorry you went through that.

How about my wife, whose alcoholic abusive father left mother and children in Venezuela to where she had to rent rooms to make ends meet. No govt help down there. Where she saw women dragged on the floor by the hair, murder, pimp kicking their pregnant worker and whitchcraft. Does that help you understand that I’m not out of touch? How many true-life stories would you like?
Oh, I have read them, your lack of empathy and dogmatic insistence on your opinions is clear for all to see. It is nice that you have found an excuse in religion, but an excuse is all it is.

Kenny

Premium Member
Oh, I have read them, your lack of empathy and dogmatic insistence on your opinions is clear for all to see. It is nice that you have found an excuse in religion, but an excuse is all it is.
Purely in your mind. Projection.

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
Let me ask you a question… if your son or daughter acted out and you got called in to pick them up.,.,. how often do you think you would let it slide with your child? Would you take care of it at home in such a manner as they wouldn’t do it the next day? (Of course I am speaking as if the teacher did all she could that was within reason.)
What is "acted out" ? Most working parents can't just walk off their job at the drop of a hat. I work in a school and it would be an extreme circumstance whereby parents are phoned to collect children. I have known of it once.
I wouldn't be physically abusing my child under ANY circumstance. Kids swear. Get over it. You're talking to the wrong congregation.

Kenny

Premium Member
What is "acted out" ? Most working parents can't just walk off their job at the drop of a hat. I work in a school and it would be an extreme circumstance whereby parents are phoned to collect children. I have known of it once.
Please don’t skirt the question...

OK… you know it was once… what would you do if it was you that got called… would your child think of doing it twice after you corrected it

I wouldn't be physically abusing my child

I wouldn’t either
under ANY circumstance. Kids swear. Get over it. You're talking to the wrong congregation.

Hmmm… my kids didn’t and I’m not just not talking about someone who just used a cuss word… wow, it seems like you just don’t want to work with this.

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
Please don’t skirt the question...

OK… you know it was once… what would you do if it was you that got called… would your child think of doing it twice after you corrected it

I wouldn’t either

Hmmm… my kids didn’t and I’m not just not talking about someone who just used a cuss word… wow, it seems like you just don’t want to work with this.
When you say correct, do you mean hit?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Where she saw women dragged on the floor by the hair, murder, pimp kicking their pregnant worker and whitchcraft.
What does witchcraft have to do with it? How did that get brought up?
I wouldn’t either
Here’s the thing, we see spanking as hitting a child and we see that as abusive and wrong. To us, your "it's not abuse it's loving guidance" is potaitoe/potahto.