• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

On Evolution & Creation

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Very good! Chimps do not give birth to humans. Excellent! Also, chimps being so closely related to humans do not have publications and testing regarding the process of evolution and/or abiogenesis. Among other things.
There is nothing, absolutely nothing to show/demonstrate/evidence these really slow small changes spoken of from, for example, fish to apes. I am willing to look at the evidence you adhere to if you can show the absolute transfer from (for example) fish through the multitudinous changes over the many years to apes. And answer questions about the formation that supposedly happened.

Simply put, logically, either life forms evolve, or they don't evolve. So, which is it, iyo?

icant

I think it was Quagmire who once recommended edx courses. This may be of use.
From your source:
--through our last common ancestor with the living great apes, some 5-7 million years in the past.
I don't know when or why the great ape's ceased to exist
But there was no modern man on earth until 6,000 to 12,000 years ago.

Enjoy,

icant

Simply put, logically, either life forms evolve, or they don't evolve. So, which is it, iyo?
I want my cake to look at but, want to eat it too.
All creatures can evolve or go the other way and become extinct.
No creature has ever become a different creature.

If they have, then show me the evidence for such a change.
And yes, we have a common ancestor as every creature was formed from the ground in the beginning.
Since the man formed from the dust of the ground is not my direct ancestor I have no idea what he looked like. He could have been 10 0r 15 feet tall or smaller I do know that he nor any of his descendants existed at Genesis 1:2. Neither was any of the creatures that was formed from the ground as the earth was not inhabitable at that time.

Just food for thought.

Enjoy,

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
From your source:

Enjoy,
You need to prove such a ridiculous claim. Especially since the number of Homo sapiens remains older than that is huge..

Pogo

From your source:

Enjoy,
Go find a 12 year old to explain, they are an expert compared to you.
1_2.jpg

And yes, we have a common ancestor as every creature was formed from the ground in the beginning.
Since the man formed from the dust of the ground is not my direct ancestor I have no idea what he looked like. He could have been 10 0r 15 feet tall or smaller I do know that he nor any of his descendants existed at Genesis 1:2. Neither was any of the creatures that was formed from the ground as the earth was not inhabitable at that time.

Just food for thought.

Enjoy,
Evolution 101

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member

Just food for thought.

Enjoy,
Here is the problem, most people do not even understand the concept of evidence. You definitely do not understand the concept of evidence. In the sciences what is and what is not evidence is very well defined and easy to understand. Are you willing to learn? I can help you with that.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist

Says who?

It's called "mutation": Mutation - Wikipedia

Since the man formed from the dust of the ground is not my direct ancestor I have no idea what he looked like.

And where is the scientific [objective] evidence for this?

I was brought up to reject evolution in the fundamentalist church I grew up in, however I went to enough museums to realize that there had to be an evolutionary process. I stopped going to that church and did a ton of research on it and ended up teaching anthropology for 30 years.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
From your source:

Enjoy,
The great apes are the chimps, bonobos, humans, orangs, and gorillas. Unless they went extinct last night, they're still here.
How are you defining "modern man?" H. sapiens has been around longer than that, hasn't it?

Last edited:

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member

Just food for thought.

Enjoy,
I wouldn't characterize it as thought.

You're reciting folklore, based on unevidenced tradition, not on facts.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
13 different species of FINCHES produced in the lineage of one female.
How many of those finches were not FINCHES?

None. Finches only can produce finches. Remember. That is what evolution says. You keep forgetting that. It seems that you forgot that you are still an ape. You have to be an ape if you claim to be human. Species cannot evolve out of their heritage. That would actually refute evolution.
And how many of those lemurs were not Lemurs?

Enjoy.
Again, none. That would refute the theory of evolution if that was the case. You appear to be arguing for evolution with your poor arguments.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member

Enjoy.
Species diverge into new species before eventually yielding new genera, families, orders, &c.
Your question indicates you don't understand the process of descent with modification, or the traditional classification terminology.

You're remarkably opinionated about a subject you seem to know nothing about.

Astrophile

The great apes are the chimps, bonobos, humans, orangs, and gorillas. Unless they went extinct last night, they're still here.
How are you defining "modern man?" H. sapiens has been around longer than that, hasn't it?
The australopithecines (now extinct) should also be included among the great apes.

Argentbear

Enjoy.
you asked for an example "one critter that produced a totally different critter."
None of the different finches can mate with each other they are to different. Deal with it.

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
Just to say -- no offense meant and sorry if anyone takes offense, From what I see here on these forums, few if any here who embrace the theory of evolution can answer questions from those who do not believe it, except to call those who do not accept the theory as taught by evolutionists ignorant and the like.

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
I realize what the world of scientists say about this in general which is that somehow species interbred and/or had changes in their organisms continued, however, and it's a big however I think, finches remain finches. Sometimes different "species" of finches apparently can interbreed but from what I learn, mostly with deformities, not well in interbreeding bird species, from what I understand.