• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

On Evolution & Creation

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
You are recommending certain information. If you cannot explain it upon my examination and questions, why should I believe what is stated on the website? Beyond that, there's really nothing to discuss, because you are not willing to look with exactitude and answers as to what is being said. Nothing difficult about it except somehow I see you're not willing to answer. That's ok. By this time it's expected. I say that with regret because you and others like you are so ensconced in your ideas that you really cannot explain them. I have gotten used to it. Thanks, though.

It is really simple.

Either you attempt to show sincere good faith, or you will be ignored.

Which is it?

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
I have done some study on it and assisted in others research by doing tracking but there is much I would still like to know. Unfortunately many migratory waders will soon be extinct.
OK, I see what you're saying about monkeys didn't invent microscopes. You do not like that. OK. If you will agree to have a discussion about the content on Evolution 101 with questions and answers, I won't do that again with you. How about it?

YoursTrue

Sorry, @YoursTrue . Whoever this line of attempts at manipulation might work on, I am not a part of that group.

You will act on good faith, or you will be ignored. Make no mistake, there is no third option.

If that disappoints the Watchtower, tough.
That is not the point. But yes, it's fine to ignore me -- and I thank you for that.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
In all honesty and fairness, you say that I've been shown the evidence for the theory of evolution to be considered true, I suppose, in all educational fairness, why not just provide some verifiable evidence again and answer questions about it? Since you're the believer, and I have questions. If you and others are unwilling to do that -- well, that's ok, and we can hopefully stop here.
Read through "What is evolution" and "The process of Evolution" every Tuesday: The Talk.Origins Archive Outline
It might help.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The sad part, in my opinion, is that you don't see the evidence. But that's where I basically stop for now for going beyond that is -- not feasible right now. Take care.
You and others have presented 'evidence' before. I've seen it, and explained why it doesn't follow.

The same group of falsehoods and logical fallacies are presented over and over by the religious community.

YoursTrue

You and others have presented 'evidence' before. I've seen it, and explained why it doesn't follow.

The same group of falsehoods and logical fallacies are presented over and over by the religious community.
Read through "What is evolution" and "The process of Evolution" every Tuesday: The Talk.Origins Archive Outline
I appreciate that you said you're willing to give it a shot. Hopefully the derogatory putdowns will also stop. So since you are the one mentioning the websites you want me to look at my first question is why every Tuesday? Is there a reason as to why you say I should read through those every Tuesday? I'd like to know that first before we go on.

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
OK, I see what you're saying about monkeys didn't invent microscopes. You do not like that. OK. If you will agree to have a discussion about the content on Evolution 101 with questions and answers, I won't do that again with you. How about it?

My offer yesterday was genuine but you made it clear in the first reply you had no intention of agreeing to my one request.

I am old and grumpy. I'm not a teacher. I don't believe you truly want to understand anything about evolution. I have seen others far more educated and patient than me try and fail. I want a discussion not being on the end of loaded watch tower questions (in a short time today I've found most of the questions you ask and even advice on how and when to ask them in the watch tower online library). I am not educated or have a vast knowledge of evolution (I dropped out of high school at 16 to work on the family dairy farm). Therefore I decline your offer. Maybe one day if you actually want to understand evolution I will because I'm sure I would learn something too.

YoursTrue

My offer yesterday was genuine but you made it clear in the first reply you had no intention of agreeing to my one request.

I am old and grumpy. I'm not a teacher. I don't believe you truly want to understand anything about evolution. I have seen others far more educated and patient than me try and fail. I want a discussion not being on the end of loaded watch tower questions (in a short time today I've found most of the questions you ask and even advice on how and when to ask them in the watch tower online library). I am not educated or have a vast knowledge of evolution (I dropped out of high school at 16 to work on the family dairy farm). Therefore I decline your offer. Maybe one day if you actually want to understand evolution I will because I'm sure I would learn something too.
Ok John53, ty. I did want to go over it w you but thank you for expressing yourself. It's ok.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
Now, if you can figure out a way to create energy and mass I will have to reconsider my position.

Does it even need to be created?

So, I don't care what existed at T=0 If that entity supplied all the energy and mass that exists in this universe it would be God.

Weird thing to say. "you don't care" and are "just going to call it god anyway". That doesn't sound particularly intellectually honest.

So, I will accept as fact He created the Heavens and the earth as He tells me in a note He left for me to read and study.

That "note" is written by humans claiming to be speaking for a god.
There are a lot of those, many of which disagree with the note you arbitrarily (likely by geographic accident) happen to favor.

What I read in this post of yours is that you, pretty much by your own admission, don't actually care about real answers and even less for a proper search for real answers and are just going to go with your a priori faith based religious belief anyway.

Doesn't sound like a very reasonable position.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
Show me one critter that produced a totally different critter.
If such would happen, evolution theory would be falsified. :shrug:

Count on creationists to demand the type of evidence "for evolution" that if it would actually exist, in reality would disprove evolution.
This is the extent of your (willful?) ignorance.

Evolution works by the gradual accumulation of micro changes over generations.
Every individual that was ever born, was of the same species as its parents.

Consider language development as an analogy.
French, Spanish, Portuguese and Italian are all derived from Latin.
2000 years ago, the ancestors of current Spanish speakers thus spoke Latin. Spanish did not exist.
Over the generations, Latin changed / evolved into Spanish - bit by bit. Change by change. And those changes accumulated over the generations.

At no point in history did a latin speaking mother raise a spanish speaking child.
Every child ever raised, spoke the same language as its parents and peers.

And yet, Latin evolved into Spanish (and French, Italian, Portuguese).

This is what gradual change is like. It doesn't happen overnight. It doesn't happen by single big jumps.
It happens through the slow and gradual accumulation of small changes.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
Very good! Chimps do not give birth to humans. Excellent! Also, chimps being so closely related to humans do not have publications and testing regarding the process of evolution and/or abiogenesis. Among other things.
There is nothing, absolutely nothing to show/demonstrate/evidence these really slow small changes spoken of from, for example, fish to apes. I am willing to look at the evidence you adhere to if you can show the absolute transfer from (for example) fish through the multitudinous changes over the many years to apes. And answer questions about the formation that supposedly happened.
DNA

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
I will do whichever you would like to begin with IF you will answer questions I may have about what is being said.
Does it really surprise you that people aren't jumping up and down to spend time and energy to supposedly help you understand evolutionary biology?

I mean...... how many times have you repeated the same mistake which has been corrected on a nearly weekly basis ever since June 2021? You know which mistake I'm talking about.

3 years worth of pointing out THE EXACT SAME ERROR over and over and over and over again. And still you continue to insist on being wrong on that single point. I fully expect you to repeat that same error in this thread at some point.

If you can't even manage to have the courage to correct yourself on such a simple single thing, why on earth would you expect people to be willing to spend time and energy teaching you about things a lot more complex then that?

By insisting on being wrong on that single simple thing, you have shown time and again for the past years that you are of bad faith and are NOT interested in learning AT ALL.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Yes, and this drives creationists nuts: Most physicists understand that energy is only bookkeeping. Photons demonstrate that quite nicely. Some think each has to represent one and only one amount of energy. But that is not so A single photon can have any value and that can be demonstrated experimentally. Simply move towards or away from a source and the frequency of light, and therefore its energy, changes. If a person had only one photon we could tell nothing about the source.

Audie

Veteran Member
Does it really surprise you that people aren't jumping up and down to spend time and energy to supposedly help you understand evolutionary biology?

I mean...... how many times have you repeated the same mistake which has been corrected on a nearly weekly basis ever since June 2021? You know which mistake I'm talking about.

3 years worth of pointing out THE EXACT SAME ERROR over and over and over and over again. And still you continue to insist on being wrong on that single point. I fully expect you to repeat that same error in this thread at some point.

If you can't even manage to have the courage to correct yourself on such a simple single thing, why on earth would you expect people to be willing to spend time and energy teaching you about things a lot more complex then that?

By insisting on being wrong on that single simple thing, you have shown time and again for the past years that you are of bad faith and are NOT interested in learning AT ALL.
Charlie Beown, meet football.

You seem no more inclined to learn.