• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

On Evolution & Creation

icant

There are no human ape fossils ever found prior to 7 million years b.p., and yet life forms go back to around 2 billion years ago, so that should tell you something.
There have been several extinctions events in the past and shortly new creatures appeared without enough time for evolution to produce them.

Enjoy.

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
yeah and maybe you noticed that objects have different masses. Do you suppose there is a some sort of connection or relationship between the amount of mass and the strength of gravity?
So do scientists know when mass connected with gravity formed? Both together at the same time is that what you believe?

YoursTrue

I can beleive that the story of Lazarus is a myth.
As a myth would you say it is magic in that which you call a myth? How about Jesus born of a virgin. Myth/magic as well? Or no magic, just myth. Or maybe no myth just magic. Is there magic like you say the myths of Jesus are? Does the myth invoke what you call as magic? Be logical...

YoursTrue

yeah and maybe you noticed that objects have different masses. Do you suppose there is a some sort of connection or relationship between the amount of mass and the strength of gravity?
I want to know what scientists say since you are convinced that whatever defies things we accept as natural laws are myths or magic. Or maybe how the laws came about magically.

YoursTrue

I believe men can kind of float on the moon...I believe that. I also believe if a person gets too close to the sun he will burn up.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I believe men can kind of float on the moon...I believe that. I also believe if a person gets too close to the sun he will burn up.
Wow! That is wrong. Now you have demonstrated that you do not even understand high school physics. On the Moon there is gravity just as there is on the Earth. It is only one sixth as strong. In other words a hammer will still fall if dropped, but it will accelerate at one sixth of the rate of one the Earth. By the way, if you drop a feather on the moon will it fall faster on the Moon or faster on the Earth and why?

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
There have been several extinctions events in the past and shortly new creatures appeared without enough time for evolution to produce them.

Enjoy.

I'd enjoy it more with a citation. I don't trust your word for it.

icant

No they did not.

In 1922, paleontologist Henry Fairfield Osborn described Hesperopitbased on a single tooth found in Nebraska. Tha tooth actually belonged to an extinct species of peccary a pig-like animal.

Then there was the Piltdown man that turned out to be a complete hoax.

Enjoy,

icant

I'd enjoy it more with a citation. I don't trust your word for it.

There have been five mass extinction events in Earth’s history, at least since 500 million years ago, and about 29 more.

Life appears to have recovered faster than we thought after the worst mass extinction event in our planet's history, nicknamed the Great Dying.

New evidence suggests that once the Permian-Triassic extinction hit Earth 252 million years ago, life rebounded in 1 million years - a far cry from the 10 to 20 million years that previous research has indicated.

The extinction event has been linked to a combination of volcanic activity and a runaway greenhouse effect, and was responsible for obliterating 9 in 10 marine species, and 7 in 10 land species.

Enjoy,

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
There have been five mass extinction events in Earth’s history, at least since 500 million years ago, and about 29 more.

Life appears to have recovered faster than we thought after the worst mass extinction event in our planet's history, nicknamed the Great Dying.

New evidence suggests that once the Permian-Triassic extinction hit Earth 252 million years ago, life rebounded in 1 million years - a far cry from the 10 to 20 million years that previous research has indicated.

The extinction event has been linked to a combination of volcanic activity and a runaway greenhouse effect, and was responsible for obliterating 9 in 10 marine species, and 7 in 10 land species.

Enjoy,

The article does not say what you claimed. You claimed life appeared without enough time for evolution to produce them. The article actually says life recovered faster than we thought and evolution doesn't produce life, some life survived the events. My instinct was correct.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
In 1922, paleontologist Henry Fairfield Osborn described Hesperopitbased on a single tooth found in Nebraska. Tha tooth actually belonged to an extinct species of peccary a pig-like animal.

Enjoy,
We are aware of those, though you do not appear to be. Osborn identified a possible hominid. No other details were given. You have been listening to lying sources. That was a mistake, not a hoax. But Piltdown man was a hoax. I am just so surprised that you have refuted Christianity in this fashion. Don't let you church know that you did this.

Argentbear

As a myth would you say it is magic in that which you call a myth? How about Jesus born of a virgin. Myth/magic as well? Or no magic, just myth. Or maybe no myth just magic. Is there magic like you say the myths of Jesus are? Does the myth invoke what you call as magic? Be logical...
Logically speaking you are you are writing nonsense in some sot of attempt to make yourself look clever. It's not working.

Argentbear

Enjoy,
And what did Osborn do when he found out about his mistake?

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I am not sure, but I don't think you know when or how gravity was formed. I'll wait for your answer.
No, I don't understand gravity, nor do I understand how to grow banannas or mend a fishnet. So what? What does this have to do with theology or atheism?