• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

On Evolution & Creation

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
How so?

DNA.

No. It's, for the upteenth time, because evolution is a vertical process which results in SUB species.

Meaning that one never outgrows its ancestry.
What you call "fish" in the ancestral lineage of humans, are actually vertebrates that lived in the sea. Humans "remain" vertebrates. They were not "modern fish".
Salmons are not your ancestors.

So the descendants of finches, no matter how many millions of years into the future, will still remain withing the lineage of finches.

This has been explained to you so many times, it's not even funny that it still hasn't found its way into your brain.

So try to remember it this time: IF FINCHES EVOLVED INTO NON-FINCHES, THEN EVOLUTION WOULD BE DISPROVEN
Nothing special here, did a little research about FRUIT FLIES and see that guess what!!! they were the first living creatures sent into space in 1947, so I read. Imagine that! Poor little fruit flies...

walt

Jesus is King & Mighty God Isa.9:6-7; Lk.1:32-33
Screenshot 2024-10-08 11.00.32 AM.png

YoursTrue

So -- from what I read so far -- insects remain insects -- maybe I missed something that scientifically shows how insects evolved to other than the classification of insects.

Eddi

Pantheist Christian
Premium Member
LOL!

Is that all you have????

You can find similar images on Google and that tells you that science is wrong about the basic facts of biology!!!!

No educated person thinks humans come from chimpanzees

The things that you think are chimpanzees on those images are supposed to represent the common ancestor that humans have with chimpanzees, before the two species separated - as I said before you are misunderstanding things

Giving a link to a Google image search doesn't change that

You have zero idea what you're talking about

Probably for the best if you stick to religious topics from now on ;)

walt

Nobody says humans evolved from chimpanzees, that is an enormous misunderstanding on your part

Humans and chimpanzees have a common ancestor

I was taught this in high school, did you not pay attention in biology lessons??????

So where are the millions of the species that came just before humans?

Does it really matter what they are? Where are they?

Last edited:

Eddi

Pantheist Christian
Premium Member
So where are the millions of the species that came just before humans?

Does a really matter what they are? Where are they?
They eventually died off, as things do, species go extinct all the time - and over time the populations that didn't die off evolved

This is basic stuff, it's usually first taught only a few years after learning the alphabet and being able to count

Just because you don't understand science (as you evidently have had zero education) doesn't mean that science is rubbish - that is both arrogant and ignorant

Or should I say

Arrogant and Ignorant

walt

They eventually died off, as things do, species go extinct all the time - and over time the populations that didn't die off evolved

This is basic stuff, it's usually first taught only a few years after learning the alphabet and being able to count

Just because you don't understand science (as you evidently have had zero education) doesn't mean that science is rubbish - that is both arrogant and ignorant

Or should I say

Arrogant and Ignorant
Oh that's convenient, Thank You.

YoursTrue

Nobody says humans evolved from chimpanzees, that is an enormous misunderstanding on your part

Humans and chimpanzees have a common ancestor

I was taught this in high school, did you not pay attention in biology lessons??????
I paid attention and was an honor student, although I did well in classes I was not that interested in science as I am today. They have not found that common ancestor said to be that of the ape varieties, have they? Which leads to another question -- when were the first evolved species, namely chimpanzees and bonobos and gorillas discovered to have existed?

Eddi

Pantheist Christian
Premium Member
Oh that's convenient, Thank You.
RF rules state that I have to be civil so I'm not going to say what I think about you

So I'm going to hold my tongue

But I am going to put you on ignore, I'll tell you that much

That may give you some idea....

YoursTrue

Or should I say

Arrogant and Ignorant
The problem is not that science is rubbish. The problem is that the deductions and configurations have no real substance in the way of real time, real life and biologic evidence. It's like a jigsaw puzzle where someone says they found a frame, now let's see if the pieces fit. So then there's plants -- there's insects -- there are bacteria -- there are viruses -- birds -- dinosaurs -- yet no surveillance of evolution to show how the various types of apes evolved from some Unknown Common Ancestor. Notice I didn't say bones that appear to be from various ape types -- other than putting (pushing) it into a jigsaw puzzle where no one really knows if it fits. It doesn't fit.

Eddi

Pantheist Christian
Premium Member
I paid attention and was an honor student, although I did well in classes I was not that interested in science as I am today. They have not found that common ancestor said to be that of the ape varieties, have they? Which leads to another question -- when were the first evolved species, namely chimpanzees and bonobos and gorillas discovered to have existed?
The scientific consensus supports the theory of evolution

It's OK to question that but there is a difference between questioning it or wanting to understand it better and saying that it's rubbish purely because you don't understand it

I only studied science up to the age of 16 and I have forgotten all but the most basic bits - such as evolution by natural selection!

It takes years and years of study to become an actual scientist, there is so much you have to be good at and understand

Even a person with a bachelor's degree in science knows waaaaaaaaaaay more about it than me

I would never go on an internet forum and say that the scientific consensus is wrong and I'm right simply because I don't understand it, that would be an act that betrays enormous arrogance and enormous ignorance

It would be like me thinking I know more about flying an airplane than a pilot (when I don't!)

YoursTrue

RF rules state that I have to be civil so I'm not going to say what I think about you

Your choice. Of course. Good that RF has some rules they may enforce, isn't it...like holding an uncivil tongue--sometimes.

walt

I ask questions.. you say.. Arrogant and Ignorant

Eddi

Pantheist Christian
Premium Member
Your choice. Of course. Good that RF has some rules they may enforce, isn't it...like holding an uncivil tongue--sometimes.
I think RF is remarkably well moderated and that the rules here are fair and sensible