• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

On Evolution & Creation

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
I don't even know, It's all over the internet, somebody thought it at one time evidently?

Then how can you expect someone to answer your questions? I have no idea what it's meant to represent and I know I haven't seen 1 let alone a million.

walt

Jesus is King & Mighty God Isa.9:6-7; Lk.1:32-33
Then how can you expect someone to answer your questions? I have no idea what it's meant to represent and I know I haven't seen 1 let alone a million.
I just got that picture off the internet, Someone must have believed that at one time.

walt

But what did they believe is what befuddles me.
Sure I agree, I like to see evidence myself, but what I understand is all the observable evidence of the species just before humans is extinct.

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
The scientific consensus supports the theory of evolution
I know that.
It's OK to question that but there is a difference between questioning it or wanting to understand it better and saying that it's rubbish purely because you don't understand it

I only studied science up to the age of 16 and I have forgotten all but the most basic bits - such as evolution by natural selection!

It takes years and years of study to become an actual scientist, there is so much you have to be good at and understand

Even a person with a bachelor's degree in science knows waaaaaaaaaaay more about it than me

I would never go on an internet forum and say that the scientific consensus is wrong and I'm right simply because I don't understand it, that would be an act that betrays enormous arrogance and enormous ignorance

It would be like me thinking I know more about flying an airplane than a pilot (when I don't!)
There are those who study as you say "years and years" and continue going along with the idea that the broad concept of evolution is true even though there is no proof, and of course, no science is said to have proof. The evidence may be construed to backup the theory, but no longer to my mind does it because of the lack of evidence, yup, that's it, lack of evidence, despite a piece here and there said to mean such things like yes, this means that fish really evolved to apes. many scientists accept ideas without question from other scientists. And right now from what I see here, few are able or willing to answer technical detailed questions except maybe to quote what others have said. At last one person here on these boards said she trusts the scientists. (I no longer do, although I take vaccines and will go for an operation if I deem it necessary.)
My cousin is a scientist, heads a lab (not about evolution, however). But it's a detailed lab with experiments paid for and sponsored by medical corand educational institution. I am sure the tests are detailed. Many scientists are not trained in the field of evolution. But many will say, here, see? this bone we found means that fish evolved to landrovers. I understand the surmisal, but -- there is nothing beyond guesswork that demonstrates that's what happened. The big question really is not of evolution but really -- how did it happen?

walt

And you feel that's a problem?
Do you really want me to answer every little question? I thought we were here to learn something? Not questions and answers on every little word.

YoursTrue

I think RF is remarkably well moderated and that the rules here are fair and sensible
Well, this is not a court of law...and even if it were, juries and judges can have different opinions about what the "rules" would be and how they would be applied.

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
Do you really want me to answer every little question? I thought we were here to learn something? Not questions and answers on every little word.

I'm trying to work out why you posted it.

Do you feel only you are entitled to ask questions? Because I'm not interested in a discussion that works like that.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
That's not an accurate progression. You should know that.
So where are the millions of the species that came just before humans?
Does a really matter what they are? Where are they?
As Eddi said, they died off. 99% of every species that ever existed has become extinct, and hominins were a marginal tribe to begin with.

We know they existed. What's your theory of where they went?

YoursTrue

There’s lots of wolves, lots of poodles, where’s all
the in between ancestors of poodles?

Creationists come up with the most stupid
ways to fool themselves.

But never ever one fact contrary to ToE.

And the creos never figure out this may mean something important.
It's not the same as saying that fish evolved to -- apes, and as some say, apes are fish. But I still want to look up more about fruit flies and what they supposedly evolved from and what they may have possibly evolved to. I mean a couple or some fruit flies, not all of them. :)

YoursTrue

I'm trying to work out why you posted it.

Do you feel only you are entitled to ask questions? Because I'm not interested in a discussion that works like that.
So you want to learn, is that it? or would you question that also? :)

walt

That's not an accurate progression. You should know that.

As Eddi said, they died off. 99% of every species that ever existed has become extinct, and hominins were a marginal tribe to begin with.

We know they existed. What's your theory of where they went?
Thanks for asking, I will be back later tonight, Thanks again. :)