• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

On Evolution & Creation

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)

YoursTrue

The scientific consensus supports the theory of evolution

It's OK to question that but there is a difference between questioning it or wanting to understand it better and saying that it's rubbish purely because you don't understand it

I only studied science up to the age of 16 and I have forgotten all but the most basic bits - such as evolution by natural selection!

It takes years and years of study to become an actual scientist, there is so much you have to be good at and understand

Even a person with a bachelor's degree in science knows waaaaaaaaaaay more about it than me

I would never go on an internet forum and say that the scientific consensus is wrong and I'm right simply because I don't understand it, that would be an act that betrays enormous arrogance and enormous ignorance

It would be like me thinking I know more about flying an airplane than a pilot (when I don't!)
I question the scientific consensus about evolution, the theory of. Meantime, Howard Researchers: Racist, Sexist Depictions of Human Evolution Still Permeate Science, Medicine, and Education
Yessss....I don't see too many light skinned gorillas & chimpanzees, they're covered with hair anyway. And, as I have often said, they are not able to invent the internet and write books about their background. :)

YoursTrue

Your explanation makes no sense. Otherwise I wouldn't be asking the obvious. Like others here.
Yet you likely say the apes have a common ancestor which cannot be ascertained to be by scientists, is that right? So as I understand it, chimpanzees remain as chimpanzees, gorillas gorillas and humans as humans so far. Oh, and fruit flies remain fruit flies to the best of my knowledge unless you know something more. This is not an argument against evolution, just wondering. :) What you think about it and why.

The Hammer

Skald
Premium Member
Yet you likely say the apes have a common ancestor which cannot be ascertained to be by scientists, is that right? So as I understand it, chimpanzees remain as chimpanzees, gorillas gorillas and humans as humans so far. Oh, and fruit flies remain fruit flies to the best of my knowledge unless you know something more.

Take a class on evolution and you can tell me. (If you can ever learn to trust the professor)

I don't discuss this topic with you personally.

I gave up sometimes last year with you.

YoursTrue

Take a class on evolution and you can tell me. (If you can ever learn to trust the professor)

Oh, that's ok. I understand, I think and therefore I am per Descartes was it?
I'd have to speak to the professor before I enrolled in class. But I have a question, based on my thinking about the process of supposed evolution per Darwin and successors: do you think the earth was ready to support the process of evolution as you know it when it supposedly started by maybe primordial soup or, as one renowned scientist said could have happened, a spaceship dropping something (a speck or something) from "outer space" on the earth?

YoursTrue

I don't need to believe your thoughts about evolution as you undoubtedly believe without backup what many would teach about the process. Perhaps a fair-minded professor would say, if I questioned him about what species of fish the Tiktaalik evolved FROM, and what species of landrover it supposedly evolved to. I don't expect you to know but might give me some answer somebody gave, and of course, you would accept that person's answer I suppose.

YoursTrue

Correct. So stop talking to me.
I'm glad you think that is correct. Does your comment mean that I have to believe what you say without question? Because I have another question about religion and evolution and what people believe. I don't need to ask you but I can. If you mind and also do not want to answer, that's ok with me.

walt

Jesus is King & Mighty God Isa.9:6-7; Lk.1:32-33
I myself don't call anyone names, that views evolution as fact, I feel everyone has right to decide what they think is true. I respect all persons, whatever there view is, I really don't mind whatever a person thinks is true.

It seems like people cannot believe what they want, every word gets picked apart, questioned, everything is a argument.
I don't mind a debate, but I am not into picking every word apart.

I think it is much more valuable for each person to express, what makes better sense. [ That's it! ]
I have relatives that view evolution as true, I don't call them names and they don't call me names.

Last edited:

YoursTrue

You actually don't...

Which is the whole problem.
In other words, I must believe what you say because you know what you're talking about, And at this point I can see many would be silently nodding their heads and saying -- yeah, that's right...:)

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
I myself don't call anyone names, that views evolution as fact, I feel everyone has right to decide what they think is true. I respect all persons, whatever there view is, I really don't mind what a person thinks is true.

It seems like people cannot believe what they want, every word gets picked apart, questioned, everything is a argument.
I don't mind a debate, but I am not into picking every word apart.

I think it is much more valuable for each person to express, what makes better sense. [ That's it! ]

You want to ask what you think are gotcha questions but don't want to have a friendly discussion. I've seen it dozens of times before and don't need to see it again. If you're ever interested in an actual discussion let me know.

Argentbear

Yet you likely say the apes have a common ancestor which cannot be ascertained to be by scientists, is that right? So as I understand it, chimpanzees remain as chimpanzees, gorillas gorillas and humans as humans so far. Oh, and fruit flies remain fruit flies to the best of my knowledge unless you know something more. This is not an argument against evolution, just wondering. :) What you think about it and why.

Dryopithecus lived during the Miocene epoch, roughly 16 million years ago; fossils of this creature have been found in Africa, Europe, and India, it is the common ancestor of all apes including us. Now experience tells me that you will respond to this with a sneering demand for absolute proof, when presented you will ignore and childishly claim sort of anti intellectual victory. Lets see how my prediction plays out.

Argentbear

Oh, that's ok. I understand, I think and therefore I am per Descartes was it?
I'd have to speak to the professor before I enrolled in class. But I have a question, based on my thinking about the process of supposed evolution per Darwin and successors: do you think the earth was ready to support the process of evolution as you know it when it supposedly started by maybe primordial soup or, as one renowned scientist said could have happened, a spaceship dropping something (a speck or something) from "outer space" on the earth?
name this "renowned" scientist

walt

You want to ask what you think are gotcha questions but don't want to have a friendly discussion. I've seen it dozens of times before and don't need to see it again. If you're ever interested in an actual discussion let me know.
How is picking apart each other's word, friendly?

walt

Why not you explain what makes sense to you, and I will do the same?

YoursTrue

Dryopithecus lived during the Miocene epoch, roughly 16 million years ago; fossils of this creature have been found in Africa, Europe, and India, it is the common ancestor of all apes including us. Now experience tells me that you will respond to this with a sneering demand for absolute proof, when presented you will ignore and childishly claim sort of anti intellectual victory. Lets see how my prediction plays out.
And you know these things about the dating period because why? I'm not saying it's wrong, but I'm wondering how you know they are the common ancestor of apes.