• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

One God, One Saviour the Creator

julio.2

From God, through Isaiah for all Mankind. A new Covenant
Isaiah 45:11-23
Thus saith the Lord, the Holy One of Israel, and his Maker, Ask me of things to come concerning my sons, and concerning the work of my hands command ye me.
12 I have made the earth, and created man upon it: I, even my hands, have stretched out the heavens, and all their host have I commanded.

13 I have raised him up in righteousness, and I will direct all his ways: he shall build my city, and he shall let go my captives, not for price nor reward, saith the Lord of hosts.

14 Thus saith the Lord, The labour of Egypt, and merchandise of Ethiopia and of the Sabeans, men of stature, shall come over unto thee, and they shall be thine: they shall come after thee; in chains they shall come over, and they shall fall down unto thee, they shall make supplication unto thee, saying, Surely God is in thee; and there is none else, there is no God.

15 Verily thou art a God that hidest thyself, O God of Israel, the Saviour.

16 They shall be ashamed, and also confounded, all of them: they shall go to confusion together that are makers of idols.

17 But Israel shall be saved in the Lord with an everlasting salvation: ye shall not be ashamed nor confounded world without end.

18 For thus saith the Lord that created the heavens; God himself that formed the earth and made it; he hath established it, he created it not in vain, he formed it to be inhabited: I am the Lord; and there is none else.

19 I have not spoken in secret, in a dark place of the earth: I said not unto the seed of Jacob, Seek ye me in vain: I the Lord speak righteousness, I declare things that are right.

20 Assemble yourselves and come; draw near together, ye that are escaped of the nations: they have no knowledge that set up the wood of their graven image, and pray unto a god that cannot save.

21 Tell ye, and bring them near; yea, let them take counsel together: who hath declared this from ancient time? who hath told it from that time? have not I the Lord? and there is no God else beside me; a just God and a Saviour; there is none beside me.

22 Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am God, and there is none else.

23 I have sworn by myself, the word is gone out of my mouth in righteousness, and shall not return, That unto me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear.
Isaiah 46: 3-13
Hearken unto me, O house of Jacob, and all the remnant of the house of Israel, which are borne by me from the belly, which are carried from the womb:
4 And even to your old age I am he; and even to hoar hairs will I carry you: I have made, and I will bear; even I will carry, and will deliver you.

5 To whom will ye liken me, and make me equal, and compare me, that we may be like?

6 They lavish gold out of the bag, and weigh silver in the balance, and hire a goldsmith; and he maketh it a god: they fall down, yea, they worship.

7 They bear him upon the shoulder, they carry him, and set him in his place, and he standeth; from his place shall he not remove: yea, one shall cry unto him, yet can he not answer, nor save him out of his trouble.

8 Remember this, and shew yourselves men: bring it again to mind, O ye transgressors.

9 Remember the former things of old: for I am God, and there is none else; I am God, and there is none like me,

10 Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure:

11 Calling a ravenous bird from the east, the man that executeth my counsel from a far country: yea, I have spoken it, I will also bring it to pass; I have purposed it, I will also do it.

12 Hearken unto me, ye stouthearted, that are far from righteousness:

13 I bring near my righteousness; it shall not be far off, and my salvation shall not tarry: and I will place salvation in Zion for Israel my glory.
Isaiah 55:3
Incline your ear, and come unto me: hear, and your soul shall live; and I will make an everlasting covenant with you, even the sure mercies of David.
Isaiah 42:6
I the Lord have called thee in righteousness, and will hold thine hand, and will keep thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, for a light of the Gentiles;
Isaiah 43: 10-11
Ye are my witnesses, saith the Lord, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.
11 I, even I, am the Lord; and beside me there is no Saviour.
With all the different Religions around the World none is based on Gods instructions in Isaiah, to keep his Sabbaths and to Praise him, to do good and resist evil, not to have Graven Images. Then top it all off with the Faith that there's One God, One Saviour our Creator the God of Noah, Moses, Abraham and Jesus

NulliuSINverba

With all the different Religions around the World none is based on Gods instructions in Isaiah, to keep his Sabbaths and to Praise him, to do good and resist evil, not to have Graven Images.

None?

Wow. That's weird. So ... what's the basis for Judaism and Christianity?

roger1440

I do stuff
With all the different Religions around the World none is based on Gods instructions in Isaiah, to keep his Sabbaths and to Praise him, to do good and resist evil, not to have Graven Images....
There is a very good reason for that. "God's instructions in Isaiah" was written for the Jews alone.

Levite

Higher and Higher
Thus saith the Lord, the Holy One of Israel, and his Maker, Ask me of things to come concerning my sons, and concerning the work of my hands command ye me.
12 I have made the earth, and created man upon it: I, even my hands, have stretched out the heavens, and all their host have I commanded.

13 I have raised him up in righteousness, and I will direct all his ways: he shall build my city, and he shall let go my captives, not for price nor reward, saith the Lord of hosts.

14 Thus saith the Lord, The labour of Egypt, and merchandise of Ethiopia and of the Sabeans, men of stature, shall come over unto thee, and they shall be thine: they shall come after thee; in chains they shall come over, and they shall fall down unto thee, they shall make supplication unto thee, saying, Surely God is in thee; and there is none else, there is no God.

16 They shall be ashamed, and also confounded, all of them: they shall go to confusion together that are makers of idols.

17 But Israel shall be saved in the Lord with an everlasting salvation: ye shall not be ashamed nor confounded world without end.

18 For thus saith the Lord that created the heavens; God himself that formed the earth and made it; he hath established it, he created it not in vain, he formed it to be inhabited: I am the Lord; and there is none else.

19 I have not spoken in secret, in a dark place of the earth: I said not unto the seed of Jacob, Seek ye me in vain: I the Lord speak righteousness, I declare things that are right.

20 Assemble yourselves and come; draw near together, ye that are escaped of the nations: they have no knowledge that set up the wood of their graven image, and pray unto a god that cannot save.

21 Tell ye, and bring them near; yea, let them take counsel together: who hath declared this from ancient time? who hath told it from that time? have not I the Lord? and there is no God else beside me; a just God and a Saviour; there is none beside me.

22 Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am God, and there is none else.

23 I have sworn by myself, the word is gone out of my mouth in righteousness, and shall not return, That unto me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear.
Hearken unto me, O house of Jacob, and all the remnant of the house of Israel, which are borne by me from the belly, which are carried from the womb:
4 And even to your old age I am he; and even to hoar hairs will I carry you: I have made, and I will bear; even I will carry, and will deliver you.

5 To whom will ye liken me, and make me equal, and compare me, that we may be like?

6 They lavish gold out of the bag, and weigh silver in the balance, and hire a goldsmith; and he maketh it a god: they fall down, yea, they worship.

7 They bear him upon the shoulder, they carry him, and set him in his place, and he standeth; from his place shall he not remove: yea, one shall cry unto him, yet can he not answer, nor save him out of his trouble.

8 Remember this, and shew yourselves men: bring it again to mind, O ye transgressors.

9 Remember the former things of old: for I am God, and there is none else; I am God, and there is none like me,

10 Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure:

11 Calling a ravenous bird from the east, the man that executeth my counsel from a far country: yea, I have spoken it, I will also bring it to pass; I have purposed it, I will also do it.

13 I bring near my righteousness; it shall not be far off, and my salvation shall not tarry: and I will place salvation in Zion for Israel my glory.
Incline your ear, and come unto me: hear, and your soul shall live; and I will make an everlasting covenant with you, even the sure mercies of David.
I the Lord have called thee in righteousness, and will hold thine hand, and will keep thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, for a light of the Gentiles;
Ye are my witnesses, saith the Lord, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.
With all the different Religions around the World none is based on Gods instructions in Isaiah, to keep his Sabbaths and to Praise him, to do good and resist evil, not to have Graven Images. Then top it all off with the Faith that there's One God, One Saviour our Creator the God of Noah, Moses, Abraham and Jesus

Oh, goody. Nothing I love more than another Christian coming along and telling us that Jews aren't understanding Jewish scripture properly, and aren't following it. I'm sure there'll be some fun follow-up post where we get told how Jesus came along and waved his hands and transformed Judaism into Christianity, making us Jews obsolete, and we'll probably go to hell anyway. I'm so excited, maybe I'll make popcorn.

Sabour

Oh, goody. Nothing I love more than another Christian coming along and telling us that Jews aren't understanding Jewish scripture properly, and aren't following it. I'm sure there'll be some fun follow-up post where we get told how Jesus came along and waved his hands and transformed Judaism into Christianity, making us Jews obsolete, and we'll probably go to hell anyway. I'm so excited, maybe I'll make popcorn.

How about if a muslim joins in the thread. Would that make it more interesting?

McBell

Admiral Obvious

Um...
What is it you wanted to debate?

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member

There are many more Bible books written after Isaiah.
When Jesus was on earth God was Jesus' Savior - Hebrews 5 v 7 and Psalm 28 v 8
In Isaiah [ 49 v 26; 60 v 16 ] isn't God also: Redeemer [Re-purchaser ]?_______
Doesn't God do the ' re-purchasing ' through Jesus ?_______ 1st John 4 v 14
God sent who to be the Savior_______- 1st John 4 v 14
Who is a Savior at Acts 5 v 31 ?__________
Who does the saving according to Matthew 1 v 21 and Luke 1 v 31 ?______
An English teacher taught that the word ' and' is a conjunction between two people. Please notice the conjunction word ' and ' at Titus 2 vs 11-13 and Titus 3 vs 4-6 in connection to both Father and Son being spoken of together with Salvation.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member

Well, according to gospel writer Luke, didn't Jesus go to hell ? ______
- Acts 2 vs 27,31,32

Since Jesus taught sleep in death - John 11 vs 11-14 - and Jesus was well educated in the old Hebrew Scriptures, which also connect death with unconscious sleep such as at Ecclesiastes 9 v 5; Psalms 6 v 5; 13 v 3; 115 v 17; 146 v 4; Daniel 12 vs 2,13 - then the hell of Scripture is just mankind's stone-cold common grave.
' Temporary grave ' or else Jesus would still be in hell.
Even the word cemetery means: sleeping place [ R.I.P. ]

Since Jesus never tried to convert Judaism he was Not a failure, but came to give the Jewish people, those who wished, to have the first opportunity to follow him.

Jews are Not obsolete but through the grace of God still exist as a nation on earth.
All on earth have the opportunity to decide if they want to follow Jesus as Messiah.

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN

Indeed - LOL! Here - - Join me. This should be interesting. :D

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN

Why in the world would different religions from around the planet, be based on the Jewish religion?

They have their own religious writings and traditions.

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
Well, according to gospel writer Luke, didn't Jesus go to hell ? ______
- Acts 2 vs 27,31,32

Since Jesus taught sleep in death - John 11 vs 11-14 - and Jesus was well educated in the old Hebrew Scriptures, which also connect death with unconscious sleep such as at Ecclesiastes 9 v 5; Psalms 6 v 5; 13 v 3; 115 v 17; 146 v 4; Daniel 12 vs 2,13 - then the hell of Scripture is just mankind's stone-cold common grave.
' Temporary grave ' or else Jesus would still be in hell.
Even the word cemetery means: sleeping place [ R.I.P. ]

Since Jesus never tried to convert Judaism he was Not a failure, but came to give the Jewish people, those who wished, to have the first opportunity to follow him.

Jews are Not obsolete but through the grace of God still exist as a nation on earth.
All on earth have the opportunity to decide if they want to follow Jesus as Messiah.

Why would they follow Jesus when he doesn't fulfill their Messiah prophecies?

Why would they follow Jesus, when his later followers have turned him into a trinity, making following him, - committing Idolatry?

There is but ONE God!

roger1440

I do stuff
The Messiah is a Jewish concept within Jewish theology. Outside of Judaism it’s meaningless. How can “all on earth” “follow Jesus as Messiah” since most on earth ain’t Jewish? This ought to be good, LOL.

nazz

Doubting Thomas

sounds like preaching to me. What are you here to debate?

Renji

So, what makes the Judeo-Christian god superior and a 'reality' above Thor, Zeus, Mithras and others? What makes the bible more superior than other holy books?

So, what makes the Judeo-Christian god superior and a 'reality' above Thor, Zeus, Mithras and others? What makes the bible more superior than other holy books?
The Holy Bible is superior because in the Old Testament God teaches us how mankind failed over and over again to please the Creator-God with our living and lifestyles. In the New Testament He shows us the way of Salvation from hell-fire. No other book in the world has this information.

HekaMa'atRa

The Holy Bible is superior because in the Old Testament God teaches us how mankind failed over and over again to please the Creator-God with our living and lifestyles. In the New Testament He shows us the way of Salvation from hell-fire. No other book in the world has this information.

I can't speak for the religious figures mentioned by Renji but I can tell you Andy that Ancient Egyptian religious texts does have that exact information.