• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

One God, One Saviour the Creator

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
The Holy Bible is superior because in the Old Testament God teaches us how mankind failed over and over again to please the Creator-God with our living and lifestyles. In the New Testament He shows us the way of Salvation from hell-fire. No other book in the world has this information.

That's the only message you get from the New Testament? How to save your own butt from burning in Hell? How shallow.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
The Holy Bible is superior because in the Old Testament God teaches us how mankind failed over and over again to please the Creator-God with our living and lifestyles. In the New Testament He shows us the way of Salvation from hell-fire. No other book in the world has this information.

To read the "O.T." and just come out with the above is like a teacher who punishes the entire class because a few students act up. If there is a reoccurring them found in the Torah and Tanakh, it's that the Abrahamic Covenant and the Mosaiic Law are extremely important and that the Law must be followed as closely as possible.

From God, through Isaiah for all Mankind. A new Covenant
Isaiah 45:11-23
Thus saith the Lord, the Holy One of Israel, and his Maker, Ask me of things to come concerning my sons, and concerning the work of my hands command ye me.
12 I have made the earth, and created man upon it: I, even my hands, have stretched out the heavens, and all their host have I commanded.

13 I have raised him up in righteousness, and I will direct all his ways: he shall build my city, and he shall let go my captives, not for price nor reward, saith the Lord of hosts.

14 Thus saith the Lord, The labour of Egypt, and merchandise of Ethiopia and of the Sabeans, men of stature, shall come over unto thee, and they shall be thine: they shall come after thee; in chains they shall come over, and they shall fall down unto thee, they shall make supplication unto thee, saying, Surely God is in thee; and there is none else, there is no God.

15 Verily thou art a God that hidest thyself, O God of Israel, the Saviour.

16 They shall be ashamed, and also confounded, all of them: they shall go to confusion together that are makers of idols.

17 But Israel shall be saved in the Lord with an everlasting salvation: ye shall not be ashamed nor confounded world without end.

18 For thus saith the Lord that created the heavens; God himself that formed the earth and made it; he hath established it, he created it not in vain, he formed it to be inhabited: I am the Lord; and there is none else.

19 I have not spoken in secret, in a dark place of the earth: I said not unto the seed of Jacob, Seek ye me in vain: I the Lord speak righteousness, I declare things that are right.

20 Assemble yourselves and come; draw near together, ye that are escaped of the nations: they have no knowledge that set up the wood of their graven image, and pray unto a god that cannot save.

21 Tell ye, and bring them near; yea, let them take counsel together: who hath declared this from ancient time? who hath told it from that time? have not I the Lord? and there is no God else beside me; a just God and a Saviour; there is none beside me.

22 Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am God, and there is none else.

23 I have sworn by myself, the word is gone out of my mouth in righteousness, and shall not return, That unto me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear.
Isaiah 46: 3-13
Hearken unto me, O house of Jacob, and all the remnant of the house of Israel, which are borne by me from the belly, which are carried from the womb:
4 And even to your old age I am he; and even to hoar hairs will I carry you: I have made, and I will bear; even I will carry, and will deliver you.

5 To whom will ye liken me, and make me equal, and compare me, that we may be like?

6 They lavish gold out of the bag, and weigh silver in the balance, and hire a goldsmith; and he maketh it a god: they fall down, yea, they worship.

7 They bear him upon the shoulder, they carry him, and set him in his place, and he standeth; from his place shall he not remove: yea, one shall cry unto him, yet can he not answer, nor save him out of his trouble.

8 Remember this, and shew yourselves men: bring it again to mind, O ye transgressors.

9 Remember the former things of old: for I am God, and there is none else; I am God, and there is none like me,

10 Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure:

11 Calling a ravenous bird from the east, the man that executeth my counsel from a far country: yea, I have spoken it, I will also bring it to pass; I have purposed it, I will also do it.

12 Hearken unto me, ye stouthearted, that are far from righteousness:

13 I bring near my righteousness; it shall not be far off, and my salvation shall not tarry: and I will place salvation in Zion for Israel my glory.
Isaiah 55:3
Incline your ear, and come unto me: hear, and your soul shall live; and I will make an everlasting covenant with you, even the sure mercies of David.
Isaiah 42:6
I the Lord have called thee in righteousness, and will hold thine hand, and will keep thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, for a light of the Gentiles;
Isaiah 43: 10-11
Ye are my witnesses, saith the Lord, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.
11 I, even I, am the Lord; and beside me there is no Saviour.
With all the different Religions around the World none is based on Gods instructions in Isaiah, to keep his Sabbaths and to Praise him, to do good and resist evil, not to have Graven Images. Then top it all off with the Faith that there's One God, One Saviour our Creator the God of Noah, Moses, Abraham and Jesus

His name is Jehovah.

So, what makes the Judeo-Christian god superior and a 'reality' above Thor, Zeus, Mithras and others? What makes the bible more superior than other holy books?

It contains knowledge beyond human comprehension.Things only the creator could possibly know.There is no other book in the world that can tell you how you work.

julio.2

Oh, goody. Nothing I love more than another Christian coming along and telling us that Jews aren't understanding Jewish scripture properly, and aren't following it. I'm sure there'll be some fun follow-up post where we get told how Jesus came along and waved his hands and transformed Judaism into Christianity, making us Jews obsolete, and we'll probably go to hell anyway. I'm so excited, maybe I'll make popcorn.
You missed it, for All Mankind, God doesn't discriminate. The Jews should be glad and take hold of what Isaiah wrote, doing away with the old and announcing a new covenant. A Christian I'm not or do I agree myself with any so called religions.

You mean that the country of Egypt and all of its occupants came after the bible was written?

No.Egypt did not exist until after Noah and his family were on earth.Noah's family repopulated the earth after the great flood.Noah's son's were Shem,Japheth and Ham.Ham's sons were Cush,Mizraim,Put and Canaan. If you do some research you will come to find out that the name Mizraim did not occur anywhere until it appears in Genesis 10:6.Mizraim literally means Egypt.Today Egyptians still call Egypt by its ancient name of Misr.This is short for Mizraim.Egypt.

New International Version Genesis 10:6 The sons of Ham: Cush, Egypt, Put and Canaan.

New Living Translation Genesis 10:6 The descendants of Ham were Cush, Mizraim, Put, and Canaan.

Genesis 50:11
11 '"The inhabitants of the land, the Ca′naan·ites, saw them mourning at the threshing floor of A′tad, and they exclaimed: “This is a great mourning for the Egyptians!” That is why it was named A′bel-miz′ra·im,* which is in the region of the Jordan."'

EGYPT, EGYPTIAN

Egypt and its inhabitants are referred to over 700 times in the Bible. In the Hebrew Scriptures, Egypt is usually designated by the name Mizraim (Mits·ra′yim) (compare Ge 50:11), evidently pointing to the prominence or predominance of the descendants of that son of Ham in the region. (Ge 10:6) The name Misr is applied to Egypt even today by Arabs. In certain psalms it is called “the land of Ham.”—Ps 105:23, 27; 106:21, 22.

Egypt, Egyptian — Watchtower ONLINE LIBRARY

Note:For the internet cops I quoted Genesis 10:6 and 50:11.It is in quotes and in case you did not know already it is a book in the holy scriptures.

I also quoted a paragraph from the Watchtower on line library.That is why I left the link.

Last edited:

averageJOE

zombie
No.Egypt did not exist until after Noah and his family were on earth.Noah's family repopulated the earth after the great flood.Noah's son's were Shem,Japheth and Ham.Ham's sons were Cush,Mizraim,Put and Canaan. If you do some research you will come to find out that the name Mizraim did not occur anywhere until it appears in Genesis 10:6.Mizraim literally means Egypt.Today Egyptians still call Egypt by its ancient name of Misr.This is short for Mizraim.Egypt.

New International Version Genesis 10:6 The sons of Ham: Cush, Egypt, Put and Canaan.

New Living Translation Genesis 10:6 The descendants of Ham were Cush, Mizraim, Put, and Canaan.

Genesis 50:11
11 The inhabitants of the land, the Ca′naan·ites, saw them mourning at the threshing floor of A′tad, and they exclaimed: “This is a great mourning for the Egyptians!” That is why it was named A′bel-miz′ra·im,* which is in the region of the Jordan.

Show geological evidence for this claim.

julio.2

None?

Wow. That's weird. So ... what's the basis for Judaism and Christianity?
God did away with the Old and announces a New Covenant in Isaiah, what Man has ordained in these religion's is far from what he says we should do.
In Isaiah God teaches us what he expects from us so that he will be our God and he will have a People. To be his Servants, bring forth his Praise, help the needy and keep his Sabbaths.

julio.2

How about if a muslim joins in the thread. Would that make it more interesting?
Why not, God created them to. There's not a Religion that conforms to what is instructed in Isaiah. They have all been led astray. Satan has corrupted all of the so called Religions. More fuel for the Fire.

Show geological evidence for this claim.

I have something better.How about proof of creation that will settle all questions concerning the holy scriptures?

If we read the very first sentence in the holy scriptures its Genesis1:1 It says, "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth." Ok...Lets dig DEEP beneath the verse.
In the beginning =TIME the heavens=SPACE earth=MATTER So,we end up with TIME,SPACE & MATTER.
Scientist have barely come to agree that this is how they believe the universe was created. In this order. This was just found out in the latter part of the 20th century.God,our creator, let mankind know this over 3,500 years ago. TIME,SPACE & MATTER is the formula God used to create the universe.This is just in the first sentence of the holy scriptures. Imagine the knowledge one can learn if we only apply ourselves and begin a relationship with the Grand creator.
Note:For the internet cops,I quoted Genesis 1:1.It is a book in the holy scriptures in case you did not know.

Last edited:
"Egypt did not exist until after Noah and his family were on earth.Noah's family repopulated the earth after the great flood."

Such a bold claim indeed.

Not really when you have the answer.I already sent you the answer in a new comment.

"Egypt did not exist until after Noah and his family were on earth.Noah's family repopulated the earth after the great flood."

Such a bold claim indeed.

Did you know that scientist have barely,in the latter part of the 20th century, come to find out that there are, in fact, underground water springs beneath the ocean floor? Yes,its true.The holy scriptures made this known to mankind over 3,500 years ago in the book of Genesis 7:11.READ IT.

"In the six hundredth year of Noah's life, on the seventeenth day of the second month--on that day all the springs of the great deep burst forth, and the floodgates of the heavens were opened."

Only our creator could bestow such knowledge upon mankind.

Note: For the internet cops,I quoted the book of Genesis 7:11.It is a book in the holy scriptures in case you did not already know.

Last edited: