• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

One God or many gods

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The exalted ones are God! God is everything, yes you too, that is what humans must realize. Jesus said the Father (Omnipresent God) and he are one, that's what he meant, the potential is in each human soul to realize what and who they really are in the context of omnipresent God. and 'be born of the spirit and attain to Heaven.
God is ALL of Existence and everything exists from him, but does not mean we can worship his creation.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
God is ALL of Existence and everything exists from him, but does not mean we can worship his creation.
That is also true, it is only when we are not one with God that there is a tendency to worship his creation. God may be his creation, but his creation is not God. God is me, but I am not God, when I understand this and am prepared to sacrifice the ego self of matter to be born of the heavenly spirit, the next step of creation takes place, an angel.

Bharat Jhunjhunwala

TruthPrevails
Whether we can worship the creation of God depends upon what is the purpose. In Hinduism we have a saying that ‘one should use a thorn to remove the thorn that is in your skin, and then throw throughout both’. I think that is the method we have to see the worship of creation. If a Muslim goes to Kaba and he begins to understand the true essence of God, then he does not have to come to the Kaaba again and again. Similarly, if a Christian really begins to identify with the teachings of Jesus, then he becomes free of the cross and he can get rid of the cross. So, worship of God's creation for strategic purposes of getting to the God is perfectly acceptable.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
Whether we can worship the creation of God depends upon what is the purpose. In Hinduism we have a saying that ‘one should use a thorn to remove the thorn that is in your skin, and then throw throughout both’. I think that is the method we have to see the worship of creation. If a Muslim goes to Kaba and he begins to understand the true essence of God, then he does not have to come to the Kaaba again and again. Similarly, if a Christian really begins to identify with the teachings of Jesus, then he becomes free of the cross and he can get rid of the cross. So, worship of God's creation for strategic purposes of getting to the God is perfectly acceptable.
Thoughtful comment. I have a question related to this, like many folk I suppose, I have always been conscious of my appearance; I groom and exercise my body daily but am getting on in years now, so, could this now conditioned predisposition related to the physical body's appearance and stamina, be seen as a form of 'worship of the creation', a thorn in the skin? Mind you, I do worship the Creator.
If yes, what would be the 'thorn to remove the thorn'? If too hard, leave it!

Bharat Jhunjhunwala

TruthPrevails
Thoughtful comment. I have a question related to this, like many folk I suppose, I have always been conscious of my appearance; I groom and exercise my body daily but am getting on in years now, so, could this now conditioned predisposition related to the physical body's appearance and stamina, be seen as a form of 'worship of the creation', a thorn in the skin? Mind you, I do worship the Creator.
If yes, what would be the 'thorn to remove the thorn'? If too hard, leave it!
The thorn in the case of physical body would be the attachment to the body. If one tries to look good beyond a certain point, one feels that looking good itself become irrelevant that would be using the idea of grooming to get rid of the idea of grooming itself.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
The thorn in the case of physical body would be the attachment to the body. If one tries to look good beyond a certain point, one feels that looking good itself become irrelevant that would be using the idea of grooming to get rid of the idea of grooming itself.
I think I get what you mean, I will try it.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
Welcome and Thank You and please update me on your experiences.
So what happened when I tried to look beyond a certain point, was that I got lost in the sense of the greater glory of existence itself, a bliss beyond the physical. As I have been continuing this practice, it has become easier to slip into this, more or less transcendent state, with a lessoning of attention to the physical appearance normally, just a habitual routine.

Thank you Bharat.

Bharat Jhunjhunwala

TruthPrevails
So what happened when I tried to look beyond a certain point, was that I got lost in the sense of the greater glory of existence itself, a bliss beyond the physical. As I have been continuing this practice, it has become easier to slip into this, more or less transcendent state, with a lessoning of attention to the physical appearance normally, just a habitual routine.

Thank you Bharat.
I suppose persons like Jesus and Moses were able to continuously connect with the both external and internal. I am trying to move in that direction.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
I suppose persons like Jesus and Moses were able to continuously connect with the both external and internal. I am trying to move in that direction.
Exactly, same for Gautama, and all those of all cultures, and of all times, who have attained to the 'union' of the manifest/external and the unmanifest/internal. And yes, my goal also is to move in that direction. All the best with your 'realization'.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
One God or many gods

There is and can be only One/G-d by default, neither none nor many, one must say:

14:11
Their Messengers said, ‘Are you in doubt concerning Allah, Maker of the heavens and the earth? He calls you that He may forgive you your sins, and grant you respite till an appointed term.’ They said, ‘You are but men like ourselves; you desire to turn us away from that which our fathers used to worship. Bring us, then, a clear proof.’
14:12
Their Messengers said to them, ‘We are indeed only men like yourselves, but Allah bestows His favour on whomsoever He wills from among His servants. And it is not for us to bring you a proof except by the command of Allah. And in Allah alone should the believers put their trust.

Right?

Regards
14:11
قَالَتۡ رُسُلُہُمۡ اَفِی اللّٰہِ شَکٌّ فَاطِرِ السَّمٰوٰتِ وَالۡاَرۡضِ ؕ یَدۡعُوۡکُمۡ لِیَغۡفِرَ لَکُمۡ مِّنۡ ذُنُوۡبِکُمۡ وَیُؤَخِّرَکُمۡ اِلٰۤی اَجَلٍ مُّسَمًّی ؕ قَالُوۡۤا اِنۡ اَنۡتُمۡ اِلَّا بَشَرٌ مِّثۡلُنَا ؕ تُرِیۡدُوۡنَ اَنۡ تَصُدُّوۡنَا عَمَّا کَانَ یَعۡبُدُ اٰبَآؤُنَا فَاۡتُوۡنَا بِسُلۡطٰنٍ مُّبِیۡنٍ ﴿۱۱
14:12
قَالَتۡ لَہُمۡ رُسُلُہُمۡ اِنۡ نَّحۡنُ اِلَّا بَشَرٌ مِّثۡلُکُمۡ وَلٰکِنَّ اللّٰہَ یَمُنُّ عَلٰی مَنۡ یَّشَآءُ مِنۡ عِبَادِہٖ ؕ وَمَا کَانَ لَنَاۤ اَنۡ نَّاۡتِیَکُمۡ بِسُلۡطٰنٍ اِلَّا بِاِذۡنِ اللّٰہِ ؕ وَعَلَی اللّٰہِ فَلۡیَتَوَکَّلِ الۡمُؤۡمِنُوۡنَ ﴿۱۲

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
One God or many gods

There is and can be only One/G-d by default, neither none nor many, one must say:
I personally share your belief that there is only one God. However, there are perfectly intelligent, reasonable, and good people who believe in more than on, or in no god at all. I don't think either science or logic can prove the existence of any god, or how many there are.