• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Our Virtual Ashram

gautamk

Quest for the ultimate
Forgive me, instead of opening a new thread, i thought i can post here. Hi everybody, I would like to request some pravachana or talks on Shri Ramana Maharshi. I Googled, but could not get much. If you guys have any links, kindly do let me know. In English please.

Chakra

Premium Member
Has anyone seem the Indian hit movie "pk"?
I heard that it bashes on Hindus and religion a lot.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
A number of Hindu organizations have filed cases against showing of 'PK'. I am beyond the cine-going age. My son has seen it and says that he felt what was shown was degrading to Hindu Gods. If I had seen it I would have found it doubly obnoxious. Let us see what action is taken by the courts, though the film is commercially a hit. Hindus generally do not go about burning cinema halls.

Chakra

Premium Member
A number of Hindu organizations have filed cases against showing of 'PK'. I am beyond the cine-going age. My son has seen it and says that he felt what was shown was degrading to Hindu Gods. If I had seen it I would have found it doubly obnoxious. Let us see what action is taken by the courts, though the film is commercially a hit. Hindus generally do not go about burning cinema halls.

I watched it yesterday.

Of course, no one should get so angry and start attacking anyone, since that would go against the freedom of speech. Even though it did degrade Hindu Gods, I feel that there are some important lessons for Hindus.

Last edited:

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
My sister-in-law, a follower of Swami Vivekananda and Sri Sri did not find anything objectionable. But protests continue.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
A true person tries to find God, does not find it in religions (that is the theme, not necessarily true), but finds it in his heart (AntarAtma). The government of Uttar Pradesh gave it a gift by making it tax-free, but that is a political move. They get votes from Muslims and the Indian government is pro-Hindu. The Maharashtra government has refused to ban it, though they are pro-Hindu, reason - Freedom of expression.

Poeticus

| abhyAvartin |
Hey everyone! I'm back from my vacation. How is everyone today/night?
Hello, Starry! I hope you had a wonderful vacation. I am doing well, eagerly awaiting the starting of the spring semester so I can devour more knowledge from the classes I take. How are you doing? I hope you had a swell weekend.

StarryNightshade

Spiritually confused Jew
Premium Member
Hello, Starry! I hope you had a wonderful vacation. I am doing well, eagerly awaiting the starting of the spring semester so I can devour more knowledge from the classes I take. How are you doing? I hope you had a swell weekend.

I'm doing quite well, thank you. :) My weekend was great, sans being stuck on a bus for 22 hours. :confused:

ShivaFan

Satyameva Jayate
Premium Member
Not going to see PK - they keep advertising it on Zee but then my wife said it is insulting to Hindu Devas (she didn't see it either, her sister told her that).

Anyway, about 30 mins ago, I bought this wooden horse made in India. It stands just over 12 inches tall. I thought it was pretty wonderful, so I thought to add it to the ashram!

Sort of a Kalki "wanna be".

if161k.jpg

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Anyway, about 30 mins ago, I bought this wooden horse made in India. It stands just over 12 inches tall. I thought it was pretty wonderful, so I thought to add it to the ashram! Sort of a Kalki "wanna be".

if161k.jpg
Nice horse. Can Vinayaka find some time for it? I do not know much about horses, their exercise and feed.

Maya3

Hi everyone!
I love the horse and the tiger sign. The horse reminds me of a Swedish Dalahäst, dalahäst - Google Search
even though they aren´t blue.

I have been extremely busy lately, that is why I have not been here much. Hope everyone is well?

Maya