• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Our Virtual Ashram

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Let me remind people that RF will come up with styles soon when one will be able to choose one to his/her liking. So, just have some patience. Of course, the secure sign-in is an irritant. But there must have been reasons for RF to introduce it.
It's a bit smaller than I thought it would be, ..
Around here, we prefer it small. It is a very personal thing, not for show.

Maya3

It does look like Facebook more or less. That is probably what they want to go for. Still it is confusing. Where is the list with our discussions?

I´m confused. :(

Brinne

I agree. I dislike how we can't see theist/non-theist, religion, post count, and likes (frubals) next to people's names/posts anymore. It is slimmed down but I feel like everything looks too...generic now.

Regardless of the update, hope everyone is doing well and adapting fine.

Poeticus

| abhyAvartin |
Just came back from a Bhai-Bhij dinner. This is where all the brothers and sisters, and cousin-sisters and cousin-brothers, and the uncles and aunties, and the dada-s and dadi-s, get together and have dinner and give each other gifts/money afterward. It is a post-Diwali celebration amongst us Gujarati-s. I wonder if other Bharatiya Hindus celebrate this. Aup-dada and SB? Do they do something similar in the Kashmiri/Punjabi circles ya'll are familiar with? Axlyz? Oh, and the significance of this gathering is to get together with the fam and strengthen the bond as the new year progresses.

We, the RF Hindu Clan, should do something like this. Ya'll down? Can ya'll imagine having me, Aup-dada, V-dada, SF-dada, Ratiben, Fireside, Maya, JayaB, SB, Axlyz, Starry, and a few others getting together for dinner? I know I can. I'll launch food particles from my spoon directed at SB and Aup-dada! Oh, and SF-dada can give us the latest news about how California is going down the drain because non-conversatives are ruining it all. And Starry can share his thoughts on indie films he's working on. V-dada and I can plan a conquest of the East Coast. Oh, and I'll make fun of Ratiben throughout the whole shebang because I'm cool like that. You know I love you, Ratiben. And Makaranda can stop by and we can record him and Aup-dada arguing non-stop and then put it on Youtube. :D :p

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Yes, Poeticus, any discussion would be welcome (I loose my cool only when someone suggests a premature tenth avatara of Lord Vishnu). :)

In our family, we hold Rakshabandhan and Bhai Beej (Bhaiyya Dooj) and a single gathering takes care of the need to visit individual homes. So, some 40 (or is it 50?) of us spanning three generations gather at one place. This time we went to our niece's place on request of her mother-in-law. They are Rajasthanis. They had called one of their son-in-laws who is a Sikh, I do not know about their other son-in-law. They are a very mixed family. So we were treated with Kadhi and Basundi (Kheer, payasam, the Marwari way). My son and myself are of the view that Rakshabandhan should always be held at our place. It does not mean much expense, something like US$170 (Rs.10,000 @ approx. US$4 for meal for one person from our local sweet shop).

Last edited:

Maya3

I would love that.
I would cook really spicy vegetarian food. And we´ll have wine, can we have wine?

Maya

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
On the sly (we do not drink liquor before elders or smoke - only one is left, i.e., my mother). :sad:

Maya3

On the sly it is, and no need to have wine at the Ashram, we could go down to my house. I live right next to the virtual ashram in a huge mansion, it's one of those old fashioned kinds from England. Similar to Downton Abbey.
;)

ratikala

Istha gosthi
:Dnamaskaram dearest poeticus ji

Just came back from a Bhai-Bhij dinner. ....

We, the RF Hindu Clan, should do something like this. Ya'll down?

this sounds like an excelent Idea , ...

allthough there will be no launching of food particals !!!

Oh, and I'll make fun of Ratiben throughout the whole shebang because I'm cool like that. You know I love you, Ratiben.

ah haa and I love you too , but we will see who will make fun of who and who will let the other win just for fun of course ...where is the winking face ???

And Makaranda can stop by and we can record him and Aup-dada arguing non-stop and then put it on Youtube. :D :p

this will be very amusing, ....

then we all make freinds and sing Bhajans:D

because we have to do something , this place is not what it was now there are adverts :eek: the material world has taken over , ...where do we meet and make it soon , adverts is just about the last straw o_O

Last edited: