• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Our Virtual Ashram

Maya3

My wife has gone to my in-laws place to prepare the 'annakoot' 30 ingredient veg. for lunch. My wife's sister-in-law cannot do it all alone. What she told me is that first they saute the leafy vegetables. Then add the vegetables that are fried (potato, taro, okra, etc); and then add the softer vegetables. Then the family (in-laws, her sister's family, our family, and our daughter's family) all gather to partake it. Tradition. It is always nice (with puris).

Yum!

Maya

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
That was good. What survived the mayhem was "water caltrop, water chestnut, buffalo nut, bat nut, devil pod, ling nut, singhara (Hindi: सिंघाडा)", even lotus stem perished. But it is not made into a curry but in mashed potato constituency.

Last edited:

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Also invited on this day are the Sikh childhood friends of my brother-in-law, three or four, with their families (he only has Sikh friends. A Hindu crept in later). The other time they are invited is on Navami (spicy non-veg. meal after the fast). I have grown old seeing that.

Poeticus

| abhyAvartin |
Please watch the following two videos if time permits. Don't worry, they have subtitles :p. A very interesting correlation with modern-day India, IMHO:

[youtube]pGNdvXDNPes[/youtube]
[youtube]_DxXxkoiHtY[/youtube]​

Poeticus

| abhyAvartin |
An excerpt from the second video:

"Surprised to see your national flag fluttering in your own kingdom? What will happen when you see Greek flags fluttering in your kingdom? The Western world has given birth to just one son of [a] god (referring to Alexander), but this land has given birth to millions! This is the land where men are given the opportunity to become gods! We are the descendants of the gods themselves! Therefore, don't let this land be disgraced by by a destroyer's deeds! ... Every inch of Takshashila belongs to Bharat. No one person can lay claim to it, Prince Ambhi!"

Prince Ambhi's impotence reminds me of the many separatist forces plaguing India. It's also a reminder of the anti-nationalist forces of India's "progressive wing", who'd rather sell their motherland to the highest bidder just to see their warped ideals come to fruition.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Sure, sure. I will read all articles and links that you mention. :D You might read this which I posted in another forum:

"Posted: That said, Aupmanyav, please don't tell us that Modi will fix all that in your country, and that the BJP has had only a few years so far to do so. The Congress Party has not started out the corrupt and nepotist body it has eventually become, and there is nothing that indicates your current government won't follow in its footsteps.

Aup. replied: :D I promise, I won't say that (He has promised but he has to prove it). Although BJP headed the government in 1999 but it was a motley group of some 24 parties. Now Modi has an absolute majority. Secondly, in 1999, Prime Minister Vajpayee allowed his foster son-in-law and others to take advantage of power. Modi is unencumbered. He married but soon separated from his wife to work for his Hindu organization (RSS). He has no intimate contact with his family too. They are a lower middle class family. Jashodaben (i.e., Sister Jashoda, the Gujarati way of calling a woman) then took up teaching. Of course, she did not marry again and is happy for his achievements (Three times Chief Minister of Gujarat and then the all vanquishing juggernaut Prime Minister of India). She manages with a pension of some US$234 per month. So, there is a difference. Indian Prime Minister gets a monthly salary of US$2,600."

Narendra Modi and India's Estranged First Lady, the Rajosana Primary School where Jashodaben taught. Most of her pupils were muslims.
pm-profile-pic.jpg
jasho-m.jpg
images

Last edited:

Poeticus

| abhyAvartin |
I am taking a break from RF. The new layout is, sadly, not what I hoped for. And I lost many frubals (I lost like 50+). Hopefully, RF gets back to looking like how it did earlier today. It looked much more professional then, more refined and organized. This ... yeah, I don't know what this is. It was said that something similar to the older layout will come out in the days to come, sometime soon. Until then, I'm out. Take care everyone. It's been a real pleasure.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Please continue with RF, we will give you many frubals. It takes time time to adjust to new things, but change is the law of the universe. I hope what you have written is only in jest, or is it zest? You can still indent passages, why leave? We are already impoverished by absence of Jaskaran. :)

Oh, I lost my macrons too. Now, that is not fair. They have made me a new member. Sort of rebirth! Thanks, RF.

Last edited:

Andal

resident hypnotist
Ahhh I go away for a week and come home and someone has completely redecorated our ashram and the rest of the RF village...
This will take some time getting used to.

Maya3

Wow, this certainly is different. It seems less clear to me. Harder to see where you are.
I never look at my frubals, I have not really understood what they are for. I guess they are kind of like like on Facebook?

Maya

StarryNightshade

Spiritually confused Jew
Premium Member
Wow, this certainly is different. It seems less clear to me. Harder to see where you are.
I never look at my frubals, I have not really understood what they are for. I guess they are kind of like like on Facebook?

Maya

Yeah, they are. They even changed them to "likes" for the new layout. Speaking of which, I lost a handful of them myself.

I am taking a break from RF. The new layout is, sadly, not what I hoped for. And I lost many frubals (I lost like 50+). Hopefully, RF gets back to looking like how it did earlier today. It looked much more professional then, more refined and organized. This ... yeah, I don't know what this is. It was said that something similar to the older layout will come out in the days to come, sometime soon. Until then, I'm out. Take care everyone. It's been a real pleasure.

Please don't go. Things won't be the same around here without your presence (I actually do mean that). We will A.) suck it up and get used to the design or B.) they may change it back to the old one or at least to something more user friendly. :D

StarryNightshade

Spiritually confused Jew
Premium Member
My Lakshmi-Narayan pendant finally came in! :) It's a bit smaller than I thought it would be, and I was hoping the background would be a little more blue, but I'm happy with it overall. It's a lot more detailed than the pic would make it appear to be; as I took this pic on my rather outdated phone.

10678710_962698400412557_43396993746038462_n.jpg

ratikala

Istha gosthi
namaskaram

quote poeticus
am taking a break from RF. The new layout is, sadly, not what I hoped for. And I lost many frubals (I lost like 50+). Hopefully, RF gets back to looking like how it did earlier today. It looked much more professional then, more refined and organized. This ... yeah, I don't know what this is. It was said that something similar to the older layout will come out in the days to come, sometime soon. Until then, I'm out. Take care everyone. It's been a real pleasure.

OH no , This I canot bear , ...not only can I not find my dearest freinds posts , ...but when after having to try to log in numerous times , ...? I find out that your not happy either , ....Oh help , ...please dont leave , ..I will like all your posts ....(well allmost) ....then you will have many likes ,and you will be happy ...who cares about frubals anyway , ....I have an Idea , ...as a forfit RF must replace missing frubals two fold ...there how is that ?

''Hopefully, RF gets back to looking like how it did earlier today. It looked much more professional then, more refined and organized. This ... yeah, I don't know what this is. It was said that something similar to the older layout will come out in the days to come, sometime soon. Until then, I'm out.''

I may just join you , Please RF , ...me too, ... I would love something similar to the old style RF , Simple and ''refined'' ...and I thought it was just me , and that I am just too stuck in my ways , ...but even my young brother here has the same thoughts that upto now I havent vioced , ...

and I cant find anything that I wish to coment on , except options that I have no use for , ....:womanshat::poodle::snail:??? , .....and apparently I can recomend RF on face book and tweet !!!

I dont want to tweet , ....I want to have a quiet life , actualy yes now I think about it this looks just like face book with allerts popping up and all these functions everywhere !

Hey folks Ive got it , this isnt Religious forms , ....its Social media , ...!

I am in the wrong place !!!

Satyamavejayanti

Namaste,

This is a change, but ill get use to it. Adaptation and comfort with change is what makes us Hindu in the first place, i don't run away from the Krukshetra :cool: