• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Our Virtual Ashram

Maya3

I love how you call your wife your boss :)
I should tell my husband to do the same!
In Sweden we have a saying that you have to ask the government for permission, in other words, ask your partner. :)

Maya

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
I go when the Boss takes me along and that does not happen often. "Ghar ek mandir hai' so goes the title of a famous film and its song (Home is a temple).

[youtube]2CbPpiRTees[/youtube]

No that is not the film song, but it shows Jaspinder Narula, a noted Punjabi Singer in the beginning, Narendra Chanchal at 15 secs on, and Wadali brothers, Punjabi sufi singers at 30 secs on.

Maya3

Vinayaka, just saw the news. So sorry. Please feel free to have a seat here if you want to talk about it.
Maya

Maya3

There was shooting at the parliament in Ottawa.
It's first page news everywhere here.

Maya

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
There was shooting at the parliament in Ottawa.
It's first page news everywhere here.

Maya

Yes indeed. But you know, after awhile nothing surprises me. I pray that cooler heads prevail, and the 100 or so men on our government's watch list take a hint form this.

DON'T DO IT!

The last guy about a week ago killed because we didn't give him clearance to fly to Turkey. Still we don't know for sure what spawned today's attack, or just who the perpetrators were.

Maya3

Yes indeed. But you know, after awhile nothing surprises me. I pray that cooler heads prevail, and the 100 or so men on our government's watch list take a hint form this.

DON'T DO IT!

The last guy about a week ago killed because we didn't give him clearance to fly to Turkey. Still we don't know for sure what spawned today's attack, or just who the perpetrators were.

It is scary. I thought Canada was a little saner than the US, so I must say that I'm surprised.
That is crazy about the guy from last week.

Maya

StarryNightshade

Spiritually confused Jew
Premium Member
Happy Diwali!

I won't be able to make it to temple this year. I have to work that day. :(

Regardless, may Lakshmi Mata bring bright blessings to you all. :)

StarryNightshade

Spiritually confused Jew
Premium Member
Since I will not be able to attend temple this year for Diwali, I've decided the next best thing would be to order a Lakshmi-Narayan pendent.

Which one do you think is better overall? Or neither? It's surprisingly difficult to find a pendent in this style.

(446)ep56.jpg
images

Last edited:

StarryNightshade

Spiritually confused Jew
Premium Member
Less is more, if I may.

Indeed, however, there are a couple of stipulations:

1.) I should have worded my other post better. I didn't really decide getting a pendent on a dime. I've thought about getting one for quite a while, but the fact that I'm missing Diwali (which really does upset me) is the catalyst to finally get a pendent of sorts.

2.) I prefer this style of pendant, as I like to see the details of the Devas involved.

Brinne

Thanks to the power of Apple's cloud system and my lovely mother I found a treasure trove of devotional music hidden in the depths of my Ipod this morning. It was a nice post-Diwali gift :D

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
I prefer gold pendants, but all I actually wear is a single rudraksha on simple string. You don't wsee very many pendants on men, other than priests. Women, yes of course, as the wedding pendant is about as traditional as you can get.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Which one do you think is better overall? Or neither? It's surprisingly difficult to find a pendent in this style.

(446)ep56.jpg
images
DCoT, I find both the pendants nice. The bigger one is traditional, the smaller one is a little more romantic. Now, I will consider the cost and your personal preference.

I had a Shiva pendant around my neck in my younger days for many years. It was silver. Given by my grandfather. My grandson also wore it for some time. I have not paid attention to what he is wearing now.

Last edited:

StarryNightshade

Spiritually confused Jew
Premium Member
DCoT, I find both the pendants nice. The bigger one is traditional, the smaller one is a little more romantic. Now, I will consider the cost and your personal preference.

I had a Shiva pendant around my neck in my younger days for many years. It was silver. Given by my grandfather. My grandson also wore it for some time. I have not paid attention to what he is wearing now.

Thanks for the input. :)

I ended up ordering the smaller one. Mainly because A.) I like how it's more "personal" (for lack of a better word) and B.) I like the detail better. It was also less expensive.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
My wife has gone to my in-laws place to prepare the 'annakoot' 30 ingredient veg. for lunch. My wife's sister-in-law cannot do it all alone. What she told me is that first they saute the leafy vegetables. Then add the vegetables that are fried (potato, taro, okra, etc); and then add the softer vegetables. Then the family (in-laws, her sister's family, our family, and our daughter's family) all gather to partake it. Tradition. It is always nice (with puris).