• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Our Virtual Ashram

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Many women (like my wife) will not have breakfast without tying Rakhis or threads on the wrists of their brothers. Many brothers also follow this and will have breakfast only when their sisters have tied the threads. Moreover, having taken the bath and being dressed for the occasion (wearing jewelery) is the tradition. If Muslims too like the festival, we have no problem.

DE16_KOLKATA_PG_DE_1270230f.jpg
lintrKbbfggsi.jpg
raksha-bandhan.jpg

Last edited:

Maya3

Ok, great seems that I can reply again. Did you get a message that they have failed to e-mail you because you have the wrong e-mail?
I couldn´t post either, it said I wasn´t privileged enough, not it says I should purchase to be a premium member.

Maya

StarryNightshade

Spiritually confused Jew
Premium Member
Ok, great seems that I can reply again. Did you get a message that they have failed to e-mail you because you have the wrong e-mail?
I couldn´t post either, it said I wasn´t privileged enough, not it says I should purchase to be a premium member.

Maya

That happened to me too. Until literally just a few minutes ago, I was told that I "didn't have enough privileges" to post

Maya3

How do you find all your threads?
I clicked on watched threads in my profile but it says I don't have any. I'm confused :(

Maya

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Zee Media searches for extraordinary singer 'Saraswati'.
And finds her in a village near Cochi (Cochin), Kerala.
Jayalakshmi.

StarryNightshade

Spiritually confused Jew
Premium Member
The official beginnings of my altar/shrine. :) It's finally in a quiet, private place away from where others can disturb it. It's probably about 70% complete. I just need a few more tools and murthis/pictures.

1403710_979319425417121_3249541950539990207_o.jpg
10827945_979319418750455_6705063094401984022_o.jpg
1398902_979319395417124_1141221782901869801_o.jpg

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Three Buddha type statues. Whom do they represent? Gautama, Maitreya, Avalokiteshwara? Or some Rinpoche? And the golden statue - Balakrishna? Images, you can have as many as you want. Get them printed on photographic picture. Tools - You mean bells, conch, deepas, etc.? It is so easy to buy it here at reasonable cost that we do not realize the difficulties that you bhaktas face.

Last edited:

StarryNightshade

Spiritually confused Jew
Premium Member
@Aupmanyav

The 3 Buddha Statues are Gautama, Amitabha, and the Medicine Buddha.

If you mean the Golden statue in front of Narasimha, that's another little Ganesha. He was a gift from a philosophy professor.

Yep, by "tools", I mean a bell, a deepa/aarti lamp, an incense holder, and maybe a conch.

The remaining statues I need/want are Lakshmi-Narayana. Radha-Krishna, Ram-Sita, Durga, Ramanuja, Vedanta Desika, and the Alwars.

Poeticus

| abhyAvartin |
One of the most symbolic scenes from the first season of one of the greatest TV shows of all time, rivaled in its artistry only by Deadwood:

ratikala

Istha gosthi
namaskaram poeticus ji

One of the most symbolic scenes from the first season of one of the greatest TV shows of all time, rivaled in its artistry only by Deadwood:
please dont mind my asking . ..... ''symbolic'' ...in what sence , ....

Poeticus

| abhyAvartin |
namaskaram poeticus ji

please dont mind my asking . ..... ''symbolic'' ...in what sence , ....
It'd be hard for me to explain if you haven't watched The Wire.
The person in the center is Avon Barksdale, and as he enters "The Pit" he sees dealers working at the ground floor, which is how Avon started out before he solidified the Barksdale Organization. This is a scene where the repetition of the "hood life" is highlighted, troubled kids starting off young to make money in a highly turbulent and chaotic environment where only a very few make it to the top and survive. An interesting part of this scene is how Stringer Bell carries himself (he's the other tall individual on Avon's left). As you can see, Stringer Bell (can't explain more about the individual without giving spoilers) is looking out elsewhere most likely thinking about how to run his own organization in the future, planning to "make it big". Here's another very symbolic scene from the first season of The Wire, very foreshadowing-like of things to come:

ratikala

Istha gosthi
got it !

not so smart to think one can just become top dog !
no such thing as a bad *** pawn !!!
and one with ambition aint going to last long !!!

Hmm , ...not unlike Varnashrama Dharma :D