• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Overturning Roe V Wade

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
It is different, a difference you are unwilling to have a conversation about.

If this leaked decision is the actual decision then if you want abortion to be legal in all states then either pass a constitution amendment or pass laws in all states. You have options.
You are right. What is being proposed to do to some women is worse.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
It is a sad thing that many pregnancies do not make it. That does not make it moral to intentionally kill a fetus. Maybe we should try to stop the natural abortions from happening.
You can't.
Amd what is different about a natural termination and abortion? Both involve a non-aware growth that never new it existed.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Abortion-States-Map-New.jpg

26 states where abortion will be restricted if Roe v. Wade falls (nypost.com)

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Why is it you people never say a man should keep it in his pants?
That might be true, but it is the woman who is taking the risk of pregnancy, which might be why the man does not worry about keeping it in his pants.

Both the man and the woman have the freedom to choose and the responsibility to restrain themselves if there is any possible risk involved. Imo.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
The availability of abortion in other states means little or nothing to a poor women in some Red state who has no money, nobody to care for any current children, and a job she can afford to lose by taking a few days off.
That is rather unfortunate for her, but might be fortunate for the unborn.
I think the question we should be asking is why there are so many unwanted pregnancies when access to all kinds of birth control are widely available. Now that would make for a good debate.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
One was natural and unavoidable and the other was a free will choice.
Not always. My best friend, her parents had to make that decision given the circumstances at the time.
And, of course, it must first be demonstrated that free exists, and it just really doesn't look like it does.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
The availability of abortion in other states means little or nothing to a poor women in some Red state who has no money, nobody to care for any current children, and a job she can afford to lose by taking a few days off.

there are a couple of things I don't understand.

If you can't afford taking a few days off... how can you get an abortion? Do you get an abortion in the evening and you are ready to go the next day? Isn't that risky?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
there are a couple of things I don't understand.

If you can't afford taking a few days off... how can you get an abortion? Do you get an abortion in the evening and you are ready to go the next day? Isn't that risky?

Child birth causes more than a "few days off" and then someone has to raise the child. Child care is not free. It can consume a very large chunk of a poor person's paycheck.

And guess who is to blame for the lack of services? The same people that are trying to ban abortion are also the ones that do not care for the child once it is born. This tells us that "pro-life" is just a campaign slogan and nothing more. In fact the anti-abortion of the stance did not exist until the end of the 1970's. The anti-abortion stance use to be limited to Catholics, but appears to be a political slogan it was sold in the southern states to keep them voting Republican. One can see the switch in position in religious articles on abortion where many of them still held the Old Testament belief that the soul enters at the first breath.

What will southern Republicans do now to keep their base? I know, The Republicans will probably fall back on racism. That is what won them the south in the first place.

GardenLady

Probably over a weekend, if local. Traveling takes more time. Risky? Of course! Being poor is a risk.

Kenny

Premium Member
Probably over a weekend, if local. Traveling takes more time. Risky? Of course! Being poor is a risk.
So... there is no such thing as sick leave or vacation time? How long does it take to take a greyhound bus to a neighboring state?

Is there a time when you believe that abortion should not be permitted? 3 months, 6 months 9 months or.... ?

Kenny

Premium Member
Child birth causes more than a "few days off" and then someone has to raise the child. Child care is not free. It can consume a very large chunk of a poor person's paycheck.

And guess who is to blame for the lack of services? The same people that are trying to ban abortion are also the ones that do not care for the child once it is born. This tells us that "pro-life" is just a campaign slogan and nothing more. In fact the anti-abortion of the stance did not exist until the end of the 1970's. The anti-abortion stance use to be limited to Catholics, but appears to be a political slogan it was sold in the southern states to keep them voting Republican. One can see the switch in position in religious articles on abortion where many of them still held the Old Testament belief that the soul enters at the first breath.

What will southern Republicans do now to keep their base? I know, The Republicans will probably fall back on racism. That is what won them the south in the first place.
What lack of services? Are you saying that if your sister had a baby, you wouldn't help? Or if your sister was hungry you wouldn't feed her?