• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Paging Hezbollah ...

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I get so very tired of people pretending to know what is "most likely" when they "most likely" have zero expertise in the matter being discussed.
You're unaware of what @Shadow Wolf knows.
She could be relying upon experts.
Consider...
Excerpted...
Robert Graham, chief executive of Errata Security, a cybersecurity company in Atlanta, said it was possible that hackers made the batteries inside the pagers blow up with a page containing malicious code, but that would be highly challenging. The hackers would need to know the make and model of the devices and the effect wouldn’t be as powerful as videos of the explosions suggest, he said.

Also, not all AAA (alkaline) batteries are constructed
the same. Non-vented ones can explode, although
this is quite rare. The hydrogen build-up just doesn't
appear to have the chemical or pressure energy to
cause death.

So her claim of likelihood is reasonable. Only Israel
(& possibly USA) know for sure exactly what happened.
I advise less talking **** about other posters
when you lack an informed basis.

Last edited:

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
How in the world could someone make a pager explode?
Possible update on this. According to Lebanese security forces, it is believed the pagers were modified "at the production level" with around 3g of explosive, so presumably they were made and sold with the explosives inside.

SOURCE: Israel braces for retaliation after 9 killed as Hezbollah pagers explode in Lebanon

What's interesting to me is this bit (emphasis mine):

"A second security source claimed up to 3g of explosives were hidden in the devices that went “undetected” by Hezbollah for months."

How long ago were these pagers sold?

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
This is some serious next level terrorism

Most likely scenario is idd getting wind of Hezbollah placing an order for a couple thousand pagers, intercepting it and / or infiltrating the production process and booby trapping the ordered pagers. Or literally having the company that produced it do it.

Absolutely terrorism, no doubt.
But you gotta admit... quite impressive to pull something like this off...

Colt

From the NYT ...

Hezbollah said wireless devices belonging to its members had exploded, and the health minister said more than 2,700 people had been injured. Hezbollah blamed Israel, but the Israeli military declined to comment. ...​

Why?

Senior members of Hezbollah have used pagers for years but the practice became more widespread after the Oct. 7 attacks, when the group’s leader warned members that Israeli intelligence had penetrated the cellphone network, security experts said Tuesday.​
As a result, thousands of rank-and-file members of Hezbollah — and not just fighters — switched to a new system of wireless paging devices, said Amer Al Sabaileh, a regional security expert and university professor based in Amman, Jordan. He said his information was based on extensive contacts in Lebanese political and security circles.​

Note also ...

Electronic pager devices also exploded in Syria, according to Iran’s Tasnim news agency and to Saberin News, an outlet affiliated with the Revolutionary Guards. Saberin reported that seven people were killed in Syria from the blast targeting their devices in the Seyedah Zeinab neighborhood, a Shia stronghold in Damascus.​
Sky News adds ...

We can reasonably assume that those carrying pagers would have been fairly senior within the group. That is supported by reports Iran's Ambassador to Lebanon was also injured when his pager exploded.​
Israeli intelligence and the intelligence of the Israelis! Brilliant! Evil but brilliant!

Flankerl

People got a real hard time to claim that this endangered civilians en masse since we can all watch the videos of the explosions going off right next to civilians and them being completely fine.

Oh wait

Why do you believe that?
I'm reading reports ranging from 2,700 to 4,000 injured.
Such massive carnage sounds indiscriminate.
Yeah I bet pagers are really hip and trendy in Lebanon for some reason and not Smartphones like literally anywhere else on the planet.
I also bet that it's really likely that regular civilians owned pagers from a distinct Hezbollah information network.

"massive carnage" like no one can watch the videos of them blowing up and only harming the person having them on their body while everyone else is fine. :D :D

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
People got a real hard time to claim that this endangered civilians en masse since we can all watch the videos of the explosions going off right next to civilians and them being completely fine.
Because, as we all know, distributing small amounts of explosives in potentially thousands of different items and then allowing them to be dispersed, seemingly unchecked, into a largely civilian population and setting them all off can have no potential danger to the general public and is a perfectly responsible thing to do.

Last edited:

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
Why would Hezbollah buy pagers for their information network and distribute them to the general populace?
They don't have to. Do you think tricking people into carrying around small amounts of explosives amongst the general populace is a perfectly responsible thing to do? Just letting thousands of people carry tiny bombs with them for months, and then detonating them regardless of where they are?

Regiomontanus

Eastern Orthodox
From the NYT ...

Hezbollah said wireless devices belonging to its members had exploded, and the health minister said more than 2,700 people had been injured. Hezbollah blamed Israel, but the Israeli military declined to comment. ...​

Why?

Senior members of Hezbollah have used pagers for years but the practice became more widespread after the Oct. 7 attacks, when the group’s leader warned members that Israeli intelligence had penetrated the cellphone network, security experts said Tuesday.​
As a result, thousands of rank-and-file members of Hezbollah — and not just fighters — switched to a new system of wireless paging devices, said Amer Al Sabaileh, a regional security expert and university professor based in Amman, Jordan. He said his information was based on extensive contacts in Lebanese political and security circles.​

Note also ...

Electronic pager devices also exploded in Syria, according to Iran’s Tasnim news agency and to Saberin News, an outlet affiliated with the Revolutionary Guards. Saberin reported that seven people were killed in Syria from the blast targeting their devices in the Seyedah Zeinab neighborhood, a Shia stronghold in Damascus.​
Sky News adds ...

We can reasonably assume that those carrying pagers would have been fairly senior within the group. That is supported by reports Iran's Ambassador to Lebanon was also injured when his pager exploded.​

This is, I fear, another step in laying the groundwork for an invasion of Lebanon.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member

Oh wait

Yeah I bet pagers are really hip and trendy in Lebanon for some reason and not Smartphones like literally anywhere else on the planet.
I also bet that it's really likely that regular civilians owned pagers from a distinct Hezbollah information network.

"massive carnage" like no one can watch the videos of them blowing up and only harming the person having them on their body while everyone else is fine. :D :D
Children are dead because they were in the proximity of their dad holding such a beeper.
If a guy with such a beeper stands in a packed crowded place while it explodes (say in a subway or on a bus or in a line somewhere or whatever - plenty of packed places in public life), then such explosion will inevitably harm people in the crowd.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
This is, I fear, another step in laying the groundwork for an invasion of Lebanon.
I just read an article citing "anonymous insider" sources saying that it was supposed to be the "opening move" of Israel in case of an all-out war with Hezbollah.
According to said source, some Hezbollah members noticed that something was up with the pagers and so they had them detonated fearing the whole plot would be uncovered.

Kind of hard to assess the truthfulness of "anonymous" sources off course.
It certainly sounds plausible. But unless an insider wistleblower steps forward with actual evidence of what happened when and why, I'm guessing such stories are the best we'll get.

Regiomontanus

Eastern Orthodox
I just read an article citing "anonymous insider" sources saying that it was supposed to be the "opening move" of Israel in case of an all-out war with Hezbollah.
According to said source, some Hezbollah members noticed that something was up with the pagers and so they had them detonated fearing the whole plot would be uncovered.

Kind of hard to assess the truthfulness of "anonymous" sources off course.
It certainly sounds plausible. But unless an insider wistleblower steps forward with actual evidence of what happened when and why, I'm guessing such stories are the best we'll get.

"The Arab-American news site Al-Monitor first reported that Israel had intended to wait until just before a full-scale war to launch the attack, but made a last-minute decision to detonate the pagers after at least two Hezbollah members suspected something was wrong with the devices.

Three U.S. officials confirmed to Axios that the secret operation went ahead early because of fears that it was about to be discovered by terrorist group.

"It was a use it or lose it moment," said one U.S. official."

Oh my.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member

Oh wait

Israel cares not if the injured & killed are only Muslims.
As long as some Hamas members die, all those around
them can be sacrificed. Israel killed 2 children. Israel
kills many many children. But it's OK if they 're not Jews, eh.

You appear unaware that pagers are still used by innocent people.
So Israel's attack was indiscriminate, ie,
it's terrorism as a tool of war & vengeance.

Shame on you.
Shame on all Zionists who devalue the lives of non-Jews.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
"The Arab-American news site Al-Monitor first reported that Israel had intended to wait until just before a full-scale war to launch the attack, but made a last-minute decision to detonate the pagers after at least two Hezbollah members suspected something was wrong with the devices.

Three U.S. officials confirmed to Axios that the secret operation went ahead early because of fears that it was about to be discovered by terrorist group.

"It was a use it or lose it moment," said one U.S. official."

Oh my.
I didn't get it from there, but likely it was picked up from there.

The rumor mill is turning full force off course.

Hard to know at this point what is real and what isn't.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
I get so very tired of people pretending to know what is "most likely" when they "most likely" have zero expertise in the matter being discussed.
And I get so tired of people doubting me. I work on electronics, I've made and programmed a robot, I have a good idea of what Im talking about.
And, some walkie talkies blew up. These are definitely booby trapped devices that were intercepted amd worked on by a rather large crew (military very likely) in haste to plant the explosives and rig them to blow on command.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
And I get so tired of people doubting me. I work on electronics, I've made and programmed a robot, I have a good idea of what Im talking about.
And, some walkie talkies blew up. These are definitely booby trapped devices that were intercepted amd worked on by a rather large crew (military very likely) in haste to plant the explosives and rig them to blow on command.
He pretends to know all about you.
It's all about defending Israel's deadly vengeance.