• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pedophilia does not have anything to do with homosexuality.

dgirl1986

Big Queer Chesticles!
I wouldn't expect that it would be good or healthy for non-homosexuals to be involved in homosexual relationships, any more than I would expect it to be good or healthy for non-heterosexuals to be involved in heterosexual relationships. But doesn't this sort of go without saying? :shrug:

You would think so...

Agnostic75

Password said:
If homosexuality "was" so great of a thing to promote to the world, we wouldn't be here, meaning it is an objective take on its pointlessness to be promoting it to the world as a good thing for the human race.

But homosexuality has never threatened world population growth.

How could anyone promote a homosexual sexual identity since sexual identity is not a choice? Alan Chambers, the founder, and former president of the recently disbanded ex-gay organization Exodus International, which was the largest organization of its kind in the world by far, admitted that he lied about changing his sexual identity, and said that 99.9% of homosexuals who came to his organization for help did not change their sexual identity. Even some conservative Christian experts who strongly oppose homosexuality have admitted that the majority of the time, even religiously motivated homosexuals fail to change their sexual identity.

Password

Well, lets start with you.

What exactly do you mean by, "love for life wholly," in a thread concerning homosexuality?

I mean that if you represent "life wholly" I would caution you not to seek the things that would end yourself (life wholly)but to continue in the promotion of things to sustain its survival.

Password

I mean that if you represent "life wholly" I would caution you not to seek the things that would end yourself (life wholly)but to continue in the promotion of things to sustain its survival.

This makes more sense if you can reflect it spiritually. We dont seek the things that we know will cause us to be unfruitful.

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
Ingledsva said:
Well, lets start with you.

What exactly do you mean by, "love for life wholly," in a thread concerning homosexuality?
Ingledsva said:
This makes more sense if you can reflect it spiritually. We dont seek the things that we know will cause us to be unfruitful.

Obviously you didn't read my post up above about a study from scientists suggesting that homosexuality continues because of something being passed on with the X that makes women have more children.

Which obviously would mean they are here because of something that actually makes us MORE FRUITFUL.

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
Many in this day and age refuse to acknowledge the differences in sexuality and I have seen this first hand.
Fundamentalist so heavily opposed to "unnormal sexuality" are so familiar with sexuality altogether they make such irrational claims which hold no to little evidence or often opposing evidence.
What we as a society must begin to do is crack down on such irrational claims and as they are only made to strengthen the already convinced

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
Mkay, but what aspect of "fruitful? For some, homosexuality produces the fruit of intimate love. For an overpopulated humanity, homosexuality produces the fruit of temperance.

Draka

Wonder Woman
Mkay, but what aspect of "fruitful? For some, homosexuality produces the fruit of intimate love. For an overpopulated humanity, homosexuality produces the fruit of temperance.

Let us not forget that there are those heterosexuals who seem to not be able to handle the aspects of being "fruitful" and leave so many children without loving parents to raise them. Yet here we have homosexuals who are more than wiling to step in and take in these children, these innocents in need, some of them far more in need than others, the ones sometimes over-looked or passed over, and raise them as their own. Perhaps they can be looked at as nature's (or "God's", however you look at it) safety net for children.

Draka

Wonder Woman
The wholly responsible one.:)

When you speak of "responsible" I take that to mean something along the lines of what I spoke of then. Showing the love of life and humanity and each other by the taking in and raising of children and making them part of ones family when they have no one else to turn to. When their biological parents have in some way fallen short of being able to provide the necessary, children need a family, parents to love them, guide them, nurture them. What better way of being "fruitful" than to open your arms and heart to such a child or children and give them that gift? Is that not "responsible" to the well-being of children? To humanity as a whole? Is this not what many homosexual couples do? Are they not then, "fruitful"? In a very "responsible" way?

Draka

Wonder Woman
These are both wholly responsible, are they not?

I thought they were. I thought mine was too. Obviously he thinks only one way is "responsible". Just waiting for his response to educate us on "responsibility".

Last edited:

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
I thought they were. I thought mine was too. Obviously she thinks only one way is "responsible". Just waiting for her response to educate us on "responsibility".
"Responsibility" includes a a frank and intelligent engagement with an exegetical approach to biblical tenet. I heard a vague reference to a biblical injunction to "be fruitful" with regard to the issue. The responsible thing is to engage that passage intelligently, with an eye toward relevance -- not a biased and vague reference to an "interpretation."

desideraht

Hellspawn
Gay people have a great public eye right now. I think they need to lend a hand to the transgender movement now. We're getting left in the dust.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
Gay people have a great public eye right now. I think they need to lend a hand to the transgender movement now. We're getting left in the dust.

Some of us have been addressing the rampant transphobia that still exists in society. My daughter after befriending a dozen or so transgendered teens, and introducing me to them, and after educating me about the struggles they face, has found an ally with my daughter and I who are both cisgendered.

I agree, though, that transphobia is the next hurdle to overcome. And you should not be forgotten.

SamIam

Why do so many conservative Christians try to compare pedophilia with homosexuality?

From what I understand, a homosexual is no more likely, and perhaps less likely, to be a pedophile, than is a heterosexual. But, I do believe that it's reasonable to compare all sexual orientations. Is pedophelia an "orientation"? Are some people born with this orientation? If the answer is yes, then we can compare pedophilia to homosexuality and to heterosexuality. Almost all of society (certainly myself included) considers phedophilia to be abusive, a crime, a horrible act, etc. If it's also a "sexual orientation" that the pedophile did not ask for and was born with, then we must conclude that some people have instinctive sexual orientations that must be resisted and never acted upon.