• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pedophilia does not have anything to do with homosexuality.

Kerr

I heard a statistic once that 2% of the population is homosexual and of all the known cases of child molestation around 50% of them come from that 2%. I think was only a USA stat. Heard it on the radio. Don't know if it is true. It's what I heard.
Thats why I think pedophilia should be regarded as an entity in its own right. Pedophiles, to my knowledge, are primarily attracted to children. So if someone rapes a child of the same sex, that doesnt have to mean they are homosexual. It means they are attracted to children. Or something like that.

Password

In a way you could look at it like that. On the other hand, there is an argument to be made that pedophilia is an entity in its own right, seperate from hetrosexuality and homosexuality.

Thats why I think pedophilia should be regarded as an entity in its own right. Pedophiles, to my knowledge, are primarily attracted to children. So if someone rapes a child of the same sex, that doesnt have to mean they are homosexual. It means they are attracted to children. Or something like that.

An entity to make the homosexual lifestyle less profound?:confused:
If so... When people realize if homosexualality was so great a thing to promote to the world, none of us would be here. That's why it goes aginst natural law. Don't take this the wrong way, there are many homosexual Christians but they are not the ones promoting their vises to the world but rather are trusting God to guide them into the truth through His Word. All sin is the same because it contributes to working aginst life wholly and takes a prideful and selfish attitude toward it.

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
If so... When people realize if homosexualality was so great a thing to promote to the world, none of us would be here.

Not true.

I have no homosexual desires, and neither do most people. There is no chance of the species dying out from accepting homosexuality as perfectly normal. If anything, we're more likely to die out from overpopulation if homosexuals are forced to live in heterosexual marriages.

'Twould seem that this "natural law" doesn't exist.

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
If so... When people realize if homosexualality was so great a thing to promote to the world, none of us would be here. That's why it goes aginst natural law. Don't take this the wrong way, there are many homosexual Christians but they are not the ones promoting their vises to the world but rather are trusting God to guide them into the truth through His Word. All sin is the same because it contributes to working aginst life wholly and takes a prideful and selfish attitude toward it.

Homosexuality is NOT against nature.

The fact that since recorded history, and before, a steady percentage of births are homosexuals, tells us there is a reason for them in nature.

Password

Not true.

I have no homosexual desires, and neither do most people. There is no chance of the species dying out from accepting homosexuality as perfectly normal. If anything, we're more likely to die out from overpopulation if homosexuals are forced to live in heterosexual marriages.

'Twould seem that this "natural law" doesn't exist.

Not so sure the banner of "overpopulation" seeded into a fertile mind sits well with justifying your stance.

Twould seem that this "natural law" does not apply to the animals.

Riverwolf

Premium Member
Not so sure the banner of "overpopulation" seeded into a fertile mind sits well with justifying your stance.

I don't understand. Can you explain?

Twould seem that this "natural law" does not apply to the animals.
Forgot the apostrophe!!!!!!!!!!!!

Homosexuality has been observed in other animals.

Riverwolf

Premium Member
You really don't see the irony in the fact that you are a wolf?

A proud animal that knows its place in the pack and acts accordingly, yet is not afraid to challenge the alphas if they're faltering in their duties. Furthermore, I'm a river wolf, so I'm a flexible wolf capable of doing whatever needs to get done so that the pack can survive.

In our lore, there is the Fenriswolf, who is the bane of Oðinn, but the Alfather also has two loyal wolves at his side.

If there's irony in that, I fail to see it. Unless you mean the "hunter" mentality, but that fails instantly, since pedophiles and most sexual predators hunt alone, and their animal equivalents in terms of hunting would likewise be solo hunters. Wolves who hunt alone die. In any case, my prey is NEVER another person's dignity, health, etc. My prey is knowledge and wisdom, and my pack are my friends and family.

Now, you going to address my point and clarify yours?

Last edited:

Password

Now, you going to address my point and clarify yours?
In order to address your point, I must emphasize that you did not understand my point, and to clarify my point you must see that i've overlooked the fact that you did not understand my point and made a jest with the irony comment.
"If homosexualality "was" so great of a thing to promote to the world, we wouldn't be here." ...meaning it is an objective take on its pointlessness to be promoting it to the world as a good thing for the human race.
And to clarify my other statement, if population control is the reason why people should be for it it would come across as ignoring the focal realities of right vs wrong when concerning life logically to those that care about it. Population problems seem more to do with those that abuse the roll of responsibility, some as a means to acquire more governmental aid in the states.
I never implied that homosexuals should be forced into heterosexualality.
Hope this helps.

Last edited:

Riverwolf

Premium Member
In order to address your point, I must emphasize that you did not understand my point, and to clarify my point you must see that i've overlooked the fact that you did not understand my point and made a jest with the irony comment.
"If homosexualality "was" so great of a thing to promote to the world, we wouldn't be here." ...meaning it is an objective take on its pointlessness to be promoting it to the world as a good thing for the human race.
And to clarify my other statement, if population control is the reason why people should be for it it would come across as ignoring the focal realities of right vs wrong when concerning life logically to those that care about it. Population problems seem more to do with those that abuse the roll of responsibility, some as a means to acquire more governmental aid in the states.
I never implied that homosexuals should be forced into heterosexualality.
Hope this helps.

Honestly, I'm even more confused than I was before, but I appreciate you trying to clarify your statements.

Enai de a lukal

...there are many homosexual Christians but they are not the ones promoting their vises to the world...

Homosexuality is no more a vice than heterosexuality is. And given that the available data makes a compelling case for homosexuality requiring a genetic component, your claim that it is contrary to "natural law" is more than likely just false.

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
And to clarify my other statement, if population control is the reason why people should be for it it would come across as ignoring the focal realities of right vs wrong when concerning life logically to those that care about it. Population problems seem more to do with those that abuse the roll of responsibility, some as a means to acquire more governmental aid in the states...

This is false.

The fact that we have had a steady percentage of the population being homosexual, noted from first recorded history on, tells us there is a reason for homosexuality.

One group from the University of Padua thinks this might be because (just one of many) -

"Researchers at the University of Padua in Italy have previously shown that female relatives of Gay men have 33 percent more children on average then women without gay male relatives. Now these same scientists have also shown the correlation in female relatives of bisexual men.

The researchers posit that unknown genes located on the X chromosome may increase sexual attraction toward men in both males and females. In women, this would theoretically increase the odds of reproducing. It may also explain the question of how (and why) "gay genes" are passed down through generations."

Science Illustrated March/April 2009

And what do you mean by "right vs wrong?"

Homosexuality is only "wrong" in your thought process. It is not a fact.

danieldemol

Premium Member

I don't think gay relationships are good for all human beings, but they do seem to be beneficial psychologically to the health of gay people.

Enai de a lukal

I don't think gay relationships are good for all human beings, but they do seem to be beneficial psychologically to the health of gay people.
I wouldn't expect that it would be good or healthy for non-homosexuals to be involved in homosexual relationships, any more than I would expect it to be good or healthy for non-heterosexuals to be involved in heterosexual relationships. But doesn't this sort of go without saying? :shrug: