• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

People in Hell

Does God love people who are in Hell?

• No. They're in Hell!

Votes: 4 9.5%
  • Yes. God loves everyone.

Votes: 11 26.2%
  • Depends on the person/level of punishment/etc.

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Irrelevant question.

Votes: 26 61.9%

• Total voters

Mercy Not Sacrifice

Does God love people who are in Hell?

(If you're a Christian who believes in Hell, assume for the purpose of this question that at least some people have already arrived there.)

Hacker

Irrelevant, and shame on those who believes he doesn't love those souls "supposively" in hell.

Gentoo

The Feisty Penguin
Even though I don't believe in Hell or Satan, I have my hypothesises on both of them. I do think God still loves the people who sinned in life. But like a parent-child relationship where the child has disobeyed, the parent still loves the child, but they may be disappointed with the actions the child did. I think that in terms of Christianity man's relationship with God is a lot like that...

Josie

The good news of the gospel is not all good news if God doesn't acomplish what he set out to do.
That means it is good news for some and very bad news for others.
I believe there is a seperation from God for a time but it is for refinement that may be hell as it is actually known.
God is more merciful than most choose to realize.
God will accomplish the good news if he is not willing any perish, then not any will perish.

logician

Onlu a supposed god that is a monster would create a hell.

Hell is not even well biblically supported.

athanasius

Of coarse God loves his Children even if they end up in hell. God is love. Period. A Parent doesn't stop loving thier children when they end up punished for doing bad do they? Hopefully a parent on earth wouldn't stop loving thier children even if there children did something terribly wrong and ended up in prison for life. The Parent may have taught there kids the right things and loved them but the kids choose to go a different way.

God loves all of his children even the ones in hell. He wished a better life for them and even gave them the grace to get to heaven, via Jesus, but he also honors his childrens free will to reject him and his message. It was there choice to end up in hell and they put themselves there, he just honored thier choice. Doesn't mean he still doesn't love them. Just means he is perfect and perfect love also entails perfect justice of which he is also.

Least that my 2 cents.

Buttercup

Veteran Member
athanasius said:
God loves all of his children even the ones in hell. He wished a better life for them and even gave them the grace to get to heaven, via Jesus, but he also honors his childrens free will to reject him and his message. It was there choice to end up in hell and they put themselves there, he just honored thier choice. Doesn't mean he still doesn't love them. Just means he is perfect and perfect love also entails perfect justice of which he is also.
If one is in hell who cares if God loves them. :rolleyes: You would not feel it.

athanasius

Buttercup said:
If one is in hell who cares if God loves them. :rolleyes: You would not feel it.

That is a absolutley true statment. I agree they would not feel it. They themselves would not be capable of love at all because they have caused themselves to have a permanent chasm between them and God who is the source of all love. However the question asked wasn't "would they feel anything" the question was "would he still love them", and the answer is yes.

Judgement Day

Sunstone said:
Obviously, you are not thinking about what it's been like to live with the Bush Administration these past six years.
True, hell doesn't necessarily have to be a place of flaming hot fire. It could be in various forms of torture, from something mental to physical.

Gentoo

The Feisty Penguin
Mercy Not Sacrifice said:
My biggest interest lies with those who picked the second option.

For those of you who believe that God loves people in hell, why?

I believe that God views us as his children and he is our parent figure. Parents often are disappointed with their children's decisions and lifestyles, but they still love them. Children often need to be disaplined, but the parents still love them.

Granted, eternal punishment is a little steep, but those are my thoughts.

9harmony

I voted, Yes, God loves everyone! :)

As a Baha'i, I do not believe hell is a physical place, but rather the state of being remote from God. So hell is actually a condition of our own making.

5. O SON OF BEING!
Love Me, that I may love thee. If thou lovest Me not, My love can in no wise reach thee. Know this, O servant. (Baha'u'llah, The Arabic Hidden Words)
God loves us all, but we must make the choice to accept His love. So although hell is a condition of our own choosing, we can always change our mind, and turn towards His light at any time.

athanasius

Radio Frequency X said:
I don't believe in Hell.

This is a funny . A 20th century Mystic and priest St Padre Pio who was known for his gifts of healing and stigmata, and visions once counseled a women in the confessional who told him the same statement. She said Father "I do not beleive in Hell." Padre Pio, Then looked intently as if seeing a vison of the women in the future and said to her in a serious voice. "You will believe in it when you get there." It frightended the women tremendously.

Sometimes the simplest and truest theological answers are found in the most profound mystics and saints.

Just my 2 cents