• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Personal Revelation

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
Is that something you were taught or feel in your heart?
Its hard to explain.

In the last couple years, I've had so much ripped away from me, and undergone so many trials that I find I am seldom sure of anything, where I stand, who I am, who others are, what purpose there is, etc, etc.

If I was taught, no person taught me.

What I feel in my heart changes... other than a little glimmering that the Divine is still there. Hiding sometimes, other times as obvious as the sun in one's hair.

Jimmy

Veteran Member
Its hard to explain.

In the last couple years, I've had so much ripped away from me, and undergone so many trials that I find I am seldom sure of anything, where I stand, who I am, who others are, what purpose there is, etc, etc.

If I was taught, no person taught me.

What I feel in my heart changes... other than a little glimmering that the Divine is still there. Hiding sometimes, other times as obvious as the sun in one's hair.
Sorry to hear that. If it makes you feel any better, we all have had problems.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
Sorry to hear that. If it makes you feel any better, we all have had problems.
No, that doesn't make me feel any better, but the idea made me laugh. :D

I don't want anyone to have problems, but that's not realistic.
You used to change it once every week or two but then you started doing it every day.
You remember what I used to do better than I do.

I may contact you next time I misplace my car keys.

Jimmy

Veteran Member
I once knew a man who in all seriousness declared "I am an extremely humble person, more humble than most other people"

Zero sense of irony, he was entirely serious
Yeah, I agree bragging about your humility isn’t very humble, but you questioned my humility so I had to answer you. Furthermore, I never said I was humble. I said humility was a matter of the heart and mind.

Eddi

Pantheist Christian
Premium Member
Yeah, I agree bragging about your humility isn’t very humble, but you questioned my humility so I had to answer you. Furthermore, I never said I was humble. I said humility was a matter of the heart and mind.
As long as it doesn't make you think you are superior to others I see no harm with that belief

I think it is harmless

There are many worse beliefs which hundreds of millions hold dear

Jimmy

Veteran Member
As long as it doesn't make you think you are superior to others I see no harm with that belief

I think it is harmless

Superior? Not in a million years.

Last edited:

Jimmy

Veteran Member

I think it is harmless

At least you’re saying you think it’s harmless. I’m sure some people here would think that I need help. Lol.